View Single Post in:
Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)
3rd Jul 2010 at 4:36 AM
Thanks: 32369 in 154 Posts
View My Journal
This is the release history since I took over development of the Clean Installer:
* Recognize default installation paths for 64-bit and UC, thanks to abluescarab at MTS.
* Access registry in read-only mode when trying to get display name. Hopefully, this will solve the recent spate of problems with installing to EA Games\\Teleport.
* Try to find name and description of mods from Catalog Description and Version Information records.
* Add checkbox to remove furniture from lot.
* Better error handling. Do not display "succesfully installed" message if files did not install correctly.
* Install CC into Downloads folder with an extension of .package, when installing lots into a non-default Teleport folder with an extension of .Sims2Tmp. This mimics the behavior when installing lots into the default location.
* Resolve a bug where occupied lots with CC were installed incorrectly. Please note that occupied lots are NOT considered to be safe.
* Find save game through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This should ensure that files are installed to your save game, rather than the administrator's.
* Recognize incomplete BodyShop projects (ie, those without a Binary Index).
* Mark incomplete BodyShop projects in light blue.
* Add LotCatalog to browsable folders.
* Recognize more behavior mods.
* Recognize UI mods.
* Recognize BodyShop packages with no Texture Overlay XML, as long as they have Mesh Overlay XML.
* Duplicate hacks are now marked in Pink, rather than Red.
: This version highlights (in light blue) BodyShop projects which do not have a Binary Index. These are almost always incomplete BodyShop projects which will not show up in your game. However, there are some default replacements which will be incorrectly flagged, such as
. Therefore, you should be sure to check the flagged packages before removing. Requested by fanseelamb.
* Use HTML encoding for file paths, to avoid problems with &, <, >, and ".
* Give an indication if no update to the program is available.
* Fix bug where Young Adult and Elder clothing were not properly categorized.
* Use HMTL encoding for embedded file names, to avoid problems with special characters: &, <, >, and ".
* Do not install item on multi-install form if the checkbox is unchecked.
* Fix a bug in the mipmap processing which could cause an infinite loop.
* Resolve a registry-access problem with the save game directory on MACs.
* Fix problems with INI processing which resulted in multiple INI files.
* Add a new SaveGamePath line to the S2PCI.ini file, to allow user control over the install directory.
* If S2PCI cannot find the save game folder, ask user to specify the path and then write that path to the S2PCI.ini file.
* Remove the auto-update of the package list, since this file is no longer being actively updated.
* Display game version used to create lots.
* Recognize official Maxis recolors.
* Recognize pets.
* Add JPG records to available images.
* Re-enable update from sims2pack.modthesims2.com.
* Create no-install version of program.
* Allow install directly from Zip and RAR files.
* Recognize bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, miscellaneous accessories, and pet body parts.
* Process the subtype and bin fields of the Texture Overlay XML, to better recognize makeup, jewelry, etc.
* Recognize glasses, even when they link to existing textures.
* Resolve an exception which occurred when RAR files contained non-ascii characters.
* Resolve problem which prevents the installation of Sims2Packs into a non-default directory, when the Sims2Pack contains lots, families, or sims.
* Recognize meshes.
* Recognize category mods; ie, mods which just recategorize existing hair, clothing, etc. Category mods include un/hiders, catalog changes, age conversions, etc.
* Recognize hair color and clothing, even when they link to existing textures.
* Recognize clothing, even if it has multiple property sets.
* Better descriptions for clothing: more compact, more complete, include Young Adult age and Pregnant and Outerwear categories.
* No more .package.package extension when installing Sims2Pack into non-default directory.
* Resolved a problem where some hair recolors were being misidentified as clothing.
* Add File Name column to list.
* Add Rename context menu.
* Add text entry field to (some of the) folder browser dialogs.
* Improve default replacement recognition.
* Improve behavior mod recognition; add bcon-only mods.
* Recognize object mods, ie: behavior mods with object functions.
* Add tooltips to multi-install window.
* Multi-install will now only spawn one version of S2PCI at a time.
... This will prevent the problem where too many instances are open at the same time, causing the computer to slow down or stall.
* Multi-install will now display processing status. Choose Cancel on the multi-install window to stop all processing, excluding any currently open single-install version of S2PCI.
* Fix problem when zip file contains directories.
* More code cleanup, including error handling.
* Recognize roofs
* Recognize fences
* Recognize default replacements
* Recognize behavior mods, ie: mods which have nothing in them except BHAVs.
* Change the term "Floor Paint" to the more widely used "Terrain Paint"
* Remove automatic update from modthesims2.com until the website is available.
* Allow sort by column.
* Hover mouse over checkbox now displays tooltip with file name.
* Resolve problem with empty names.
* Disable buttons which can't be used.
* General code cleanup
* Install All context menu option is now available only on folders.
* Better handling of folders when path too long.
* Fixed several bugs associated with multiple install.
* Should now work with 64-bit systems.
* Provide error message if user tries to install incorrect file type, such as a .package file
* Allow Save As over current Sims2Pack without producing empty packages.
* Resolved empty package problem with non-ascii file names.
* Improved recognition algorithms for lots and families.
* Improved selection of pictures and descriptions.
* New "Occupied Lot" type for lot with family.
* Completely reworked recognition algorithms. This work was primarily done by Karol Rybak; I just got everything working again.