View Single Post in:
Sims2Pack Clean Installer V1.6.22 (Updated Aug 2, 2014)
3rd Jul 2010 at 4:36 AM
Thanks: 31950 in 151 Posts
View My Journal
This is the release history since I took over development of the Clean Installer:
* Recognize default installation paths for 64-bit and UC, thanks to abluescarab at MTS.
* Access registry in read-only mode when trying to get display name. Hopefully, this will solve the recent spate of problems with installing to EA Games\\Teleport.
* Try to find name and description of mods from Catalog Description and Version Information records.
* Add checkbox to remove furniture from lot.
* Better error handling. Do not display "succesfully installed" message if files did not install correctly.
* Install CC into Downloads folder with an extension of .package, when installing lots into a non-default Teleport folder with an extension of .Sims2Tmp. This mimics the behavior when installing lots into the default location.
* Resolve a bug where occupied lots with CC were installed incorrectly. Please note that occupied lots are NOT considered to be safe.
* Find save game through HKEY_CURRENT_USER, rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This should ensure that files are installed to your save game, rather than the administrator's.
* Recognize incomplete BodyShop projects (ie, those without a Binary Index).
* Mark incomplete BodyShop projects in light blue.
* Add LotCatalog to browsable folders.
* Recognize more behavior mods.
* Recognize UI mods.
* Recognize BodyShop packages with no Texture Overlay XML, as long as they have Mesh Overlay XML.
* Duplicate hacks are now marked in Pink, rather than Red.
: This version highlights (in light blue) BodyShop projects which do not have a Binary Index. These are almost always incomplete BodyShop projects which will not show up in your game. However, there are some default replacements which will be incorrectly flagged, such as
. Therefore, you should be sure to check the flagged packages before removing. Requested by fanseelamb.
* Use HTML encoding for file paths, to avoid problems with &, <, >, and ".
* Give an indication if no update to the program is available.
* Fix bug where Young Adult and Elder clothing were not properly categorized.
* Use HMTL encoding for embedded file names, to avoid problems with special characters: &, <, >, and ".
* Do not install item on multi-install form if the checkbox is unchecked.
* Fix a bug in the mipmap processing which could cause an infinite loop.
* Resolve a registry-access problem with the save game directory on MACs.
* Fix problems with INI processing which resulted in multiple INI files.
* Add a new SaveGamePath line to the S2PCI.ini file, to allow user control over the install directory.
cannot find the save game folder, ask user to specify the path and then write that path to the S2PCI.ini file.
* Remove the auto-update of the package list, since this file is no longer being actively updated.
* Display game version used to create lots.
* Recognize official Maxis recolors.
* Recognize pets.
* Add JPG records to available images.
* Re-enable update from sims2pack.modthesims2.com.
* Create no-install version of program.
* Allow install directly from
* Recognize bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces, miscellaneous accessories, and pet body parts.
* Process the subtype and bin fields of the Texture Overlay XML, to better recognize makeup, jewelry, etc.
* Recognize glasses, even when they link to existing textures.
* Resolve an exception which occurred when
files contained non-ascii characters.
* Resolve problem which prevents the installation of Sims2Packs into a non-default directory, when the Sims2Pack contains lots, families, or sims.
* Recognize meshes.
* Recognize category mods; ie, mods which just recategorize existing hair, clothing, etc. Category mods include un/hiders, catalog changes, age conversions, etc.
* Recognize hair color and clothing, even when they link to existing textures.
* Recognize clothing, even if it has multiple property sets.
* Better descriptions for clothing: more compact, more complete, include Young Adult age and Pregnant and Outerwear categories.
* No more .package.package extension when installing Sims2Pack into non-default directory.
* Resolved a problem where some hair recolors were being misidentified as clothing.
* Add File Name column to list.
* Add Rename context menu.
* Add text entry field to (some of the) folder browser dialogs.
* Improve default replacement recognition.
* Improve behavior mod recognition; add bcon-only mods.
* Recognize object mods, ie: behavior mods with object functions.
* Add tooltips to multi-install window.
* Multi-install will now only spawn one version of
at a time.
... This will prevent the problem where too many instances are open at the same time, causing the computer to slow down or stall.
* Multi-install will now display processing status. Choose Cancel on the multi-install window to stop all processing, excluding any currently open single-install version of S2PCI.
* Fix problem when
file contains directories.
* More code cleanup, including error handling.
* Recognize roofs
* Recognize fences
* Recognize default replacements
* Recognize behavior mods, ie: mods which have nothing in them except BHAVs.
* Change the term "Floor Paint" to the more widely used "Terrain Paint"
* Remove automatic update from modthesims2.com until the website is available.
* Allow sort by column.
* Hover mouse over checkbox now displays tooltip with file name.
* Resolve problem with empty names.
* Disable buttons which can't be used.
* General code cleanup
* Install All context menu option is now available only on folders.
* Better handling of folders when path too long.
* Fixed several bugs associated with multiple install.
* Should now work with 64-bit systems.
* Provide error message if user tries to install incorrect file type, such as a .package file
* Allow Save As over current Sims2Pack without producing empty packages.
* Resolved empty package problem with non-ascii file names.
* Improved recognition algorithms for lots and families.
* Improved selection of pictures and descriptions.
* New "Occupied Lot" type for lot with family.
* Completely reworked recognition algorithms. This work was primarily done by Karol Rybak; I just got everything working again.