View Single Post in: MTS Official Contest: Foundations! (Round 2!)

Field Researcher
#71 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM
Default Casa Casablanca
Casa Casablanca

Front View

Second Floor

First Floor

Ground Floor

So, Hayley - where did you get your inspirations when designing your home?
All it took was the one holiday to Marrakesh and my love of world travel was ignited. Of course I met my husband there and we share that love. Since then we have explored not only North Africa but India and China too. We have a teenage daughter now, Anna, and she often comes with us on our travels.
Our home reflects our interests and loves. We bought basically a foundation, the original owners had gone bankrupt during the recession so we designed our home on that foundation. Overall as you can see the theme is predominantly Morrocan with a blend of bright and neutral colours. Around the house you will find souvenirs and artefacts that we have picked up on our travels.
The Living Room

Master Bedroom

Kitchen/Diner

What are your favourite parts of your home?
My favourite parts of the house? I just love all the little hidey-hole corners with seating. There's one in the study, a gorgeous one in the courtyard which is even curtained for ultimate privacy and of course the sitting room on the top floor, in the tower, is secluded too- a perfect reading place. I also love the open, arched gallery that looks down onto the courtyard.

What do visitors make of the house?
A lot of people comment on the statues on display at the front of the house. Probably because most visitors come at night and the uplighters make these look very beautifual when it's dark. The house is certainly geared for entertaining so most visitors say that it's very comfortable and welcoming. Apart from the integral courtyard there are 3 tiers of entertaining spaces outside. We like a drink occasionally and the bar above the garage gives us great views. My personal favourite has to be the traditional style seating area by the pool.

Hayley, Thank You for showing us your beautiful home.
No problem, it's been a pleasure.

Decided to go with a no-CC version in the end. No CC at all in this house.