View Single Post in: MTS Official Contest: Foundations! (Round 2!)

Field Researcher
#87 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:50 PM
Default My Entry (round 2)
It's actually my first modern house for the sims 3 so, judges be gentle.

Happy Hipster's Ultra Modern Dwelling

Designed and created by famous young architect and interior designer Linda Deeley, who currently resides here with her husband, promising movie composer. This contemporary house features open plan layout, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, nursery, spacious kitchen, working space for both spouses and, of cause a pool and roof garden. Building materials are quite cheap but stylish looking - plywood, poured concrete and compressed garbage. Linda concentrated on clean straight lines and mostly neutral pallete, using bright, almost neon colour splashes to emphasize a wall or two throughout the building. The dwelling is decorated mostly with Linda's photos and live plants. Who would've thought that life goes on outside SimCity?
No CC.

Required road view

Actual main entrance

Floor plans:
Ground floor
- two porches, pool, living-room with fireplace, combined kitchen and dining-room, bathroom and husbands study.

First floor - two bedrooms, a nursery, two bathrooms, two balconies (with telescope and chess table), wife's workspace for sketching and painting.

Roof Level. Features garden with small fountain, fire pit and chaise lounges, it's a good place for relaxation (I wish we had hot tubs already) and meditation.

Living-room. Well, part of it...there is also a desk with computer and couple's photos.

Master bedroom.

Kitchen+dining room.

Two bonus pictures:
Backyard with BBQ and pool and bar. It's a great place for summer parties.

Workspace on the second floor.