View Single Post in: Twinbrook Items in CAW

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 11:49 PM
@Emmies: It's already in SimsWiki now. You may try to look at it here.

My created objects is default replacement which only alter catalog info without altering other information such as GUID, Model, etc, which I actually don't understand . As I mentioned on my thread, your world will not require the mod to be installed in order to intall your custom world. So it is not necessary to install my mod to install your custom world in other computer. The game will recognize those objects as objects included in your copy of Ambitions. So the only requirement of using your custom worlds is have the Ambitions installed.

Another example: If you modify some CC you've downloaded to show up in WE catalog, then you upload the custom world using those edited CC, the requirement for your custom world is have the CC installed BUT it is not required to be shown in WE catalog, which also means you don't need to reupload those modified CC. As long as you don't edit anything such as GUID, or something important, it will be just fine. Because you only alter how objects is appeared in catalog. It does not affect the appearance of your objects inside your game/world.

UPDATE
Guys, suddenly I come up to an idea to create a framework similar to framework to install custom mod in The Sims 3 vanilla games. Please try it using my modified Twinbrook objects. It should show up in CAW catalog.
  1. Open Create-a-World folder in Program Files
  2. Create folder called Packages
  3. Append these lines to Resource.cfg files which located in Create-a-World program folder:
    Priority 501
    DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
    Priority 500
    PackedFile Packages/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
  4. Put the package inside the Package folder and, voila

GiLaNg
After 7 year hiatus, Worldwide lockdown (and regretting the purchase of The Sims 4 last autumn sale) brought me back to The Sims 3.