View Single Post in: Importing Objects from one world into another

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:10 PM
Okay, scratch what I said before- it sounded really nonsensical! What I was trying to explain was how to save the object name (which isn't really necessary) and how to match your object ID to your world layer IDs (which isn't necessary either, and overcomplicates it). Also, I meant WDET not WPID. Perhaps I was drunk? So I'll try again!

Backup your CAW world files.

Open your export world (the world that originally contained the objects) in CAW, look at your export object in your world layers panel and click on Property Browser. The Object ID is at the top of that box. Record that, then convert it to hex (you need a decimal>Hex converter for that).

Next, close CAW and go to your import layer in the world file folder of your import world. For example, Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Worldname\ Layers\ Layername_3678003fa5aa6020.layer- and open that in S3PE.

You need to find the hex number that you just converted in the OBJN- but remember the endianness, it is big endian so F5 90 00 31 will show as 31 00 90 F5.

When you have found that, change the last two bits of that number so that the object ID of that particular object is different from the one you already imported. So, I changed the object ID of Fireflies_32 (Twinbrook) from F5 90 00 31 45 EC 43 90 to F5 90 00 31 45 EC 44 91. Again, I don't think that the number here is that important- only that it is unique. Click save, close S3Pe.

Now when you open your import world in CAW, you will see that your imported object has lost its name, but is registered as a separate object. Just click on it in the World layers list and give it a new name, Fireflies_01 for example, and now you can identify what it is in game easily.

Hopefully this will make a little more sense, I really try to make things too complex at times!

PS: forgot to ask you if you saw these, might contain some objects you can use:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441902