View Single Post in: Make Me a Model! - Winner Announced!

The other one
Original Poster
#221 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:08 AM
Default Round 2

Roxormodels: So you managed to scrape together a portfolio….well, at least you’ve got some determination about you. Ok, I suppose we’ll give you a shot; just try not to embarrass us! A couple of local businesses have asked us to send round a pretty face to help sell whatever tat it is they’re pushin’. We don’t normally bother with such small-timers; the commission’s not worth squat but I’ll make an exception in this case. After all I’d rather have you screw up with a nobody we don’t give a damn about than with one of our big money clients…. Well what are you waiting for?! Get your ass down the high street!!

Task:
Client 1 - The first client is a small business owner with a retail outlet of some description (shop/store – sell physical things). What they sell and what they’re called is up to you but it must be something in game (no photoshopped pics of real life products). You must show your sim physically advertising a product. Whether they’re dressed as a hotdog on the high street or draped seductively over a flashy car is up to you but much like the first round you are capturing a scene, not making a poster.

Client 2 – The second client is a service provider eg Interior Designer, cleaning service, mobile phone network…be creative!! The service doesn’t have to exist in the sims but you should be able to advertise it using in game props/sims etc. (no photoshopped pics of real life products). This time you are not “capturing a scene”, instead you have to make a poster/advertisement with slogans, prices or anything else you see fit. You may use photoshop to add text and banners to your image but the usual rules apply to editing the actual sim/background/props etc.

EDIT for clarification: They don't have to be low budget as in, shabby, rundown set designs or anything. By "small business" I was trying to emphasise that it wasn't a massive chain store or department store that sells everything and anything, just a single little business with a limited range but that could be anything from a handbag stall at the market to a classic car dealership or expensive clothing boutique.

Requirements:
1. 2x full body image*: 1 capturing a scene and one poster/advertisement.
2. You should write the title of each pic on your post above the image. (eg Client 1 - Mary's Cake Shop)
3. You may use Photoshop to add slogans and banners etc but as usual, not to alter the sim, product or background.
4. 1x short paragraph (per image) to briefly describe what what’s happening in your images.
5. Any text that you add to the image should be in English, not Simlish
6. Remember to name your businesses.

*If you choose a product that is centered on the face, head or hands then you may do a head shot instead of a body shot as long as you can still fit in the text and a bit of background staging etc.

Judging Parameters (overall, not per image):
Pose
Creativity
Portrayal of theme
Rule adherence

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller