View Single Post in: Editing Premade Worlds

Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 10:10 PM
Default Bridgeport - edit'n'export (experimental)
Devised by me, special thx for simsample.

Unfortunately, customizing Bridgeport is more problematic than other worlds. Known issues with exported Bridgeport :
missing family and sim descriptions, changed names of some sims (e.g. Jessica Talon -> clubby Vampire, Elvira Slayer -> Head Vamp etc), diffrent set of traits, deleted relationschips, every vampire changed to normal person.

This is connected to XML file determinating everything above. After every save in CAW, XML file is gone. It contains informations about every single sim in Bridgeport, so if you want to edit Bridgeport and play it normally, follow that step :

1. Extract XML file from original Bridgeport.world (located in game install direction). There is only one:
S3_0333406C_00000000_E51DF1C5C044A949%%+_XML.xml

2. Edit Bridgeport in CAW - follow instructions in post #2 (tested by me), do whatever you wish, but I recomend NOT to : delete already existing sims or add a new one.

3. a)When you finish, save your world , then open it in s3pe, import->from file and choose our precious XML file.
b) If you are planning to change, for example, watercolour, you have to import additional files too.

4. If you want to make additional changes to your world, you can still edit it in CAW, but you will have to import XML file once more after saving it. Export to game.
Your exported world should be fine now. The only problem is missing names of some buildings, but you'll have to do it manually.

Additional notes :
1. Of course can try to add other sims in CAW, but then you'll have to change XML file correctly (most probably). You can also do it already in game.
2. You can also add XML file to already exported world (located in Installed worlds folder).