View Single Post in: Story Time Contest - Round 5 Scores, Final Scores and BONUS!

Forum Resident
#376 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:42 AM
Current Events: Chance Meeting, New Addition to the Family.
Previous Events: Twins, funeral, paranormal character, dish best served cold, Adventure, The emperor of evil, Meteor Shower, Mysterious Gnome, Betrayal.
Word Count: 1463
CC Used: Allowed Yes, Penalized: no
Bonus Quote: "Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh

Previously - We met the Ginger haired tiwns, Elyssa and Aiden. Aiden falls into the pool and drowns. Granny and Elyssa are not coping too well. Aiden becomes a ghost.
Elyssa is determind to find a cure, to make him human. Granny and Elyssa have a fight, Elyssa runs off. Elyssa is kidnapped and Aiden finds her, in the company of
vampires. A gnome saves them.

(((Play this song while reading - Sweet Surrender - Sarah McLachlan

6 Months Later. . . .

I never found out why the gnome was around to protect us. After he got us to the front lawn, he just blurted out
You've got to be quick on your feet in this world if you want to survive. Though once you know the rules, it’s not too hard to play the game”.
Then he vanished. Once we had made it inside, there was no sign of an intrusion. So no one had found out about our escape, just yet.
After Ashan did his vampire thing with granny and we were all out safe. We decided that nothing was to be removed from the house, we were to have no trace
of our return. Elyssa then set fire to our home, she ran to the car and did not look back. The only person who did was Ashan; those vampires like to see
everything done perfectly.

We had been moving around for a while, never really wanting to settle. Ashan was true to his word and used his vampire magic to force Granny to come. I didn't
really like the idea of forcing her to do things. But if Elyssa could sacrifice her blood, then I could let go of that, and knowing that Granny was safe was more then
anything. We finally decided to settle in a little island community. Elyssa cut and coloured her hair black, in hopes that it would hide her appearance. One day she
came home letting us know that she had got a job at the science facility. We had a big laugh about her sexy uniform. I think this was just so she had access to
chemicals and so forth. She was still hell bent on bringing me back to my human form.

Ashan just tried to stay out of sight of people. Which is easy enough when you can't go out during the day. He had stuck to his word, but stayed around to protect
us. He really didn't have anywhere else to go either. So we all agreed that he could stay. Granny got into gardening, it started with a basic little garden, but everyone
loved her produce so she extended her garden and sold her produce at the farmers' market. She enjoyed it alto. Elyssa had started explaining things to Granny
about me and the vampires thing. She could accept the vampires, since she could see him. But she had let go of me a long time ago, and because I was not visible
she would not believe. I think that's what hurt the most. It is what I wanted most, for Granny to believe.

Elyssa had tried the spell/potion in the spell book so many times. She didn’t know what was going on, and spent a lot of the time frustrated. I felt for her, I really did.

I started playing around with a chemical set that we had bought to replace the one we had lost in the fire. I found a couple of spells/potions in that book, none of them
really panned out though.

One night, the house was so quiet, I decided to go for a walk. Down on the beach I came across something so horrid, I swear, it ripped my heart out in a million pieces.
My sister was all over this vampire, and I think, they really had fallen in love for real.

It was then I came up with a plan. To make things right and stop all this silly nonsense. I decided to put plan B into motion immediately.
I spent the next few days looking for potions in the magic book, while Elyssa spent less time at work and more time with Ashen. I knew that he would rather not
be a vampire, it upped his chances of having vampire babies and more chance of hurting his mate.

Two weeks later, I sat watching Granny and Elyssa gardening. They were happy and glowing in the sun.
I sat down with Liss when she took a break. and we laughed and joked about stuff. Little did she know about this plan that was about to take effect.

After Ashan had woken up for the evening, I sat him down and explained to him what my plan was and he accepted. I had made him a potion to take away the
vampirism and I was going to take a life tonic. I had written a note for Liss explaining everything.

That was when we both took our potions and I smiled at Ashan, knowing that my sister was always going to be safe in his arms. My eyes started getting teary
and I knew it was time.
Together we drank from our vials together, I started to see Ash’s eyes start to flicker before I was suddenly surrounded by a whirlwind of colour.

“Hey baby, we have been waiting for a while.”
I turned around to see my parents and felt the water works ready to flow. I ran up to them and gave them a huge hug.
“She will be fine Aiden, she has grown to be a strong woman, stronger then you will ever know., Mum explained.
I smiled at them and my non-existent heart felt tight. “I know.” I croaked.

Suddenly I was not afraid, not of what would happen

* * * Elyssa's point of view.* * *

As I walked into the room, I saw two things happening: one, my brother’s ghost vanishing. Two, my boyfriend passing out on the floor.
Everything after that happened in slow motion.

I fell to Ashan crying, not knowing what was going on. I was laying on his chest, screaming some absurdities. Then I finally let the fight go and just lay there.
That was when I felt him breathe.
“Ash.” I whispered.
“It's ok Liss, I am ok.” Ash managed to get out. He opened his eyes and they were no longer glowing, they were regular beautiful green eyes.
“That little shit figured out a cure, didn't he.”
“Where is Aiden?” asked Ash.
“I am not entirely sure.” I said, just as I spotted an envelop with my name on it, just laying on the floor.

As I opened the letter I started to sob.

To Lissa,
It has been a tough road huh? I am sorry I didn’t say good bye in person, but I knew you would have talked me out of it. I made a potion to take me to the after
life, if there is even one. I couldn’t stay here and be invisible anymore, and as much as you say I wasn’t, it was a lie. Even if we found a potion to bring me back
to life, what would Granny say? She couldn’t even accept that I was a ghost. I would be still a child with an adult brain, and you would still be with Ash. I knew
after the day that I saw you two kiss that you were going to get through this. You and Granny are both strong and amazing women. I know you can get through
this Liss, and now you and Ash can be two normal people who fall in love and get married. It is a shame I will never get to see your kids, but I am sure you will
tell them all about me. Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
Love You Always.
Aiden

That selfish little bastard. That letter made me so angry. But I was still alive, and
I was about to live my life, as well as I could.

Some time later.....

Ash and I did end up getting married, on the beach where we shared our first kiss. That one was a bit unexpected. Who falls in love with someone who kidnaps
you, right? To this day we have never had to worry about any vampires. I just assumed that Ashan’s parents think we all died in the meteor shower. I am yet
to see the Gnome pop up again; I guess that was a one time opportunity.

Granny lived to see the birth of her grandchildren before she passed. She had a great life, she even found herself a lovely boyfriend. It still makes me laugh to
this day, Granny with a boyfriend! Hehe! They passed soon after each other, I guess we could call them soul mates.

Sometimes I still feel a little angry towards Aiden for what he did to me. But in the end, I should never let those things cloud the happy memories we had. It was
good while it lasted, and that is how I found my resolve.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher