View Single Post in: Foundations for Families Contest - Final Results Are In!

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#246 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:02 AM
Default Round 4: Montenegro
*This has been an extremely fun contest! Thanks Wgroome for hosting it! When I finally settled on this New Orleans style home (after several other "starts" as with the Lewis family) I realized it's kind of difficult to add in Mardi Gras decor for a girl who hates purple!!! lol. *

Rain was drawn to the diverse culture of Faux Orleans, so when she moved out of her parents to pursue art, she headed straight for Faux Orleans. This beautiful home grabbed her attention right away.

The brick exterior walls were already painted green, so that was a plus for Rain.

The first floor features a living room, kitchen, laundry and half bath.

Second floor: Bedroom, studio, full bath and open landing space Rain has converted to a reading area

The living room is decorated with Rain's artwork, including some things she painted directly on the walls. It's also a favorite napping place of Dali (dog) and Escher (cat)

The reading area also feature some wall art by Rain and some Mardi Gras masks

Over her bed Rain hung a piece of art she did in high school that has always been a favorite.

Most of the time Rain can be found in her studio painting or sculpting or sketching (can't see the sculpting station or draft table in this pic, but you can in the overhead)

Her back yard menagerie are poised by her haphazard garden.

*Thanks again Wgroome. And thanks to everyone else who participated! I've really enjoyed myself and have loved seeing all the other wonderful entries! everyone! And yes, I just realized I somehow forgot to give her a stool for her drafting table *

*EDIT* Thanks to Wgroome allowing us to edit our final entries, Rain now has a stool for her drafting table and a dining table indoors. And thanks to Jaguwar's help, the ground floor shutters are back! :D