View Single Post in: "Casting Call" - Sim Talent Contest

Field Researcher
#183 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 9:41 PM
You may know Eugene Clark, 78, editor and head of Bridgeport's Clutterlot Press, as the nation's most beloved curmudgeon to ever wage a one-man war against the film industry and paparazzi. Best known to today's generations as the harshest film critic in the nation and author of 12 books attacking Starlight Shores lifestyle such as "These Movies Are Bad And Barely Worth Reviewing" and best-seller "[Censored] those [Censored] in Starlight Shores: My Story," Clark was once world-famous as a 5 star actor, arguably one of the nation's first idealized stars. But when the story broke that Eugene had had woohoo with a vampire, Magda Cartwright-Clark, (his wife), Clark came to blows with 3 paparazzi and was fired for the incident, an event that Clark says was "ultimately the second best thing that ever happened to me."

Clark's return to acting some 47 years later thus took the entire world by surprise.

Under the working title, "Darker Than Night" is a film by indie studio Dire Chinchilla Pictures and a sequel/re-imagining of Eugene Clark's first film, "Bright As The Twinbrook Sun," where he played Emerson Midas, a private investigator tracking down a notorious bank robber. At its surface a western, the film was at its core a deliberately paced horror and described as the most nihilisticly dark film to ever come out of the era. While few details are available at this time, the film is speculated to be about the character's quest for revenge against the never-seen enemy who took control of the character's life and destroyed it many years ago.

When asked about his decision to play the role once more, Clark said that he was offered the role when asked to give the indie film his blessing. "The script was actually amazing, so I took it because I don't want some asshole ruining the only role I was ever proud of. If anyone's going to destroy what remains of my acting legacy, it's going to be me."