View Single Post in: Veronaville Home Makeover Contest- We are finished!

Lab Assistant
#438 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 10:19 PM
Boy, this one was tough! I honestly can't say any good thing about this house, and I usually always find something nice to say about anything, so kudos to EAxis design team So many windows and doors, in such a clumsy layout. But anyway, challenges are good for our brains, and I got really happy with my entry in the end. I was so concerned about the money thing, I ended up with a good bunch left And I think I'm not breaking any rules this time xD

I've picked The Johnson Family : Budget - 70,000 - Stacie, Brian and the twins, Hannah and Teresa (aged 9) love the beach. They can't afford to move to the shore, so they'd like to bring the beach to their home. BONUS The twins don't mind sharing a room, BUT they would LOVE to have their own bathroom (their parents would love it too.) *Just so there's no confusion, I mean one full bath for the girls and one full bath for the parents. Each twin does not need their own individual bathroom.

So, I wanted to create a kind of an emulated beach-house, but I didn't want to be too literal: the beach theme is very subtle in here. The house is very bright, has large windows that welcome the not-very-tropical Veronaville breeze and its colors were inspired by the sand, the sea and the sunset (expect the green bricks at the front, they just came from the catalogue)

The smaller house was entirely left for the girls, so they have their own space and when they become teens, they will be able to avoid their parents completely, because for teens parents are not cool.

EDIT: Because of this round's exception, I added four extra pictures