View Single Post in: It Takes A Village (A Sims 2 Contest)

Mad Poster
#529 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 12:43 AM
Default Round 3 entry
Unbeknownst to many, Sir Hristopher Simmington was a close friend of the great American architect, Frank Ssmoyd Wright. They built many a building together back "in the day", and influenced each others style throughout their life long friendship. Frank even named his beloved Siamese "Sir H", after his friend.

Anyway... while Frank was on a job in Central Florida, back in the late 1930's - designing Florida Simthern College - he made a side trip to the area that would much later become known as EPSCOT. There, he found a natural hot springs (which is very rare in this area!) When he showed his buddy Hristopher the springs, H declared it his "Fountain of Youth". And, falling in love with the area, immediately relocated his family here, building the house you see before you today.

Shortly after the house was completed Mrs 'Sir H' said she'd had enough of the hot, sticky climate! She and the kids (and Sir Himself, if he knew what was good for him) were moving back to Pleasantview. Pronto.

So, Sir Hristopher sadly boarded up his beautiful Ultra Modern house, and left.

Fast forward 70 years - to about 3 months ago - Mr. H Simmington III arrived quietly in EPSCOT, and began to restore the house that was left to his Great Grandfather long, long ago: Sir H's "Fountain of Youth."

This lot is to fulfill the Modern Monstrosity residential theme (though it's really not too monstrous!) It is definitely for a Sim with more money than taste. It includes - at least 8 large windows (1T/full length), balcony, hot tub (natural spring spa), and an optional driveway. The stairway is unchanged, the runner is just laid on top. It can easily be removed, if need be.

Note to Judges: I made sure my testers could access everything. Yes, the dining room is tight, but it has two entrances and I used SilentLucidity's "Walk through" blocks on the dining chairs along the kitchen wall side. So, my Sims didn't have any problems maneuvering through there.

WOW! Was this lot ever a challenge! Thank you Loaf - this was a good one

OOPS - I almost forgot to add this linksie - to the inspiration/research for this lot.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths