View Single Post in: TS4 Chat Thread (Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in TS4 v2)

Test Subject
#1631 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 12:39 AM
Please add me to the petition too, Kiwi_Tea.
I've been a fan since the first Sims game and couldn't have made it through Sims 3 without all of the Mods this place has provided. I'm not a vocal forum person, but I have been following the discussion on here since E3... I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster! This is a game that means a lot to me, and others that also don't have the courage or means to have a voice to EA.

When I think of what this game means to people (and the reason why we're all in an uproar) I think of my boyfriend's aunt who lives in Germany. She's been separated for 30 years from her immediate family in the US and what's the one thing that bridges an entire ocean? A silly game like the Sims. She and her sister talk almost every day via Skype and they both chat away about their Sims families- they are real to her, and it's wonderful to see her so happy, especially when a lot of her life hasn't been so great. She doesn't know about this toddler thing yet and it's going to gut her. Just typing that sounds kind of sad, and maybe a little pathetic to people who haven't invested so much time into these games... but, it's true.

I want to end this post with a thank you to all of you who have been posting and GuruGraham who seems to pop in from time to time. I will keep lurking the shadows and try not to give up the little hope I have remaining!