View Single Post in: The Monopoly Game Town Contest

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 6:25 AM
TOWN APPLICATION - Building Your Company

Welcome ladies & gentleman! My name is Milburn. Some of your may know me as Rich Uncle Pennybags! I'm so pleased to speak with you today͵ through my subordinate typing my every word. I see you've stumbled upon this contest thread & was wondering what you'll be expecting to achieve͵ if you join up. Well͵ I'm coming to you for this proposal.

I've been roaming around town recently͵ & noticed that growth of newcomers & businesses have been slow. My citizens believe that it's because of a lack of affordable homes for newcomers to flock to. They're right. Oh͵ how I sometimes forget that not everyone is a billionaire!

In any event...I need your help to introduce new places that could bring in new folks to create a bustling town. If you're up for the competition͵ apply here now!

You'll need to set up a construction office for your company͵ & come up with a company name. Click here for the image of the land that can be built upon. You may download the 2x2 lot from HERE͵ or from the attachments area located at the end of this post. Because this office is a temporary space͵ we recommend not to build too large of an office͵ nor one that's lavishing. Feel free to include a company logo that's 100x100 pixels in size.

Money & business management is key to this contest. The goal is to construct͵ or develop͵ buildings for Monopoly Game Town given a budget͵ financial assistance if needed͵ & specific guidelines provided by my town's urban developers.

The victor will have the most funds leftover & be awarded for their undertaking of this competitive task. Those who succeed in each round of contracts may receive lucrative benefits for your company.

Just remember͵ the main thing is to have fun in showcasing not only your building & design skills͵ but also your thriftiness in spending only what's necessary to complete the tasks at hand.

I'll be seeing you soon! Hang in there while we get together a group of builders interested in joining. Let your friends͵ forum goers͵ & Internet buddies know about this event.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Throughout the competition, where applicable, your company will be subject to a "Construction Tax". At the completion of any property that was built up from an empty lot (meaning a lot with no building on it)͵ your company will be taxed in the form of an escalating tax. The tax calculations are as follows:

TAX REGULATIONS
For the first §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 5%
For the second §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 10%
For the third §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 15%
For the fourth §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 20%
For the fifth §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 25%
For the sixth §20͵000 of property value͵ you will be taxed 30%
For property values after §120͵000͵ you will be taxed 35%
This is an example of how the tax works. If your company completed construction of a newly built property from an empty lot whose value is §88͵932͵ your company͵ will be taxed the following (values are rounded to the nearest simoleon):

Value IncrementCounted AmountTax RatePayable
§20͵000 to §1§19͵999 + §15%§1͵000
§40͵000 to §20͵001§19͵999 + §110%§2͵000
§60͵000 to §40͵001§19͵999 + §115%§3͵000
§80͵000 to §60͵001§19͵999 + §120%§4͵000
§88͵932 to §80͵001§8͵931 + §125%§2͵233
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Total Tax Payable====>§12͵233

Also throughout the competition͵ you'll be introduced to regulations about how to construct your building. There are no regulations for temporary structures such as this office.

Your application time will be no more than 14 days from the time I check in as host. The start & end dates are listed below. We are accepting only one design from each company.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

START DATE / END DATE
January 01͵ 2016 2:00pm EST to January 15͵ 2016 2:00pm EST. There will be a 1 hour grace period from after the end time before penalties are administered. Please see this post for time zone reference and countdown timer.
HOW TO CALCULATE COST OF CONSTRUCTION
The cost to your company will be calculated as follows: Incentive Amount plus (Value Per Point multiplied by The Judge's Score Value) minus Taxes Payable equals the Start Budget for Town Contract #1.
VALUE PER POINT SCORED FROM OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
§1͵000 per point scored out of a possible 20 points. Each judge will score your project based on how interesting your lot looks. The simple average of all judges' scores will determine how many simoleons your company will receive towards your company's budget in the first town contract. The award money will be subtracted from the tax͵ & any money leftover will be carried over to the first town contract as your "start budget". We are also providing an incentive amount of up to §5͵965 after taxes towards your budget͵ to compensate for the cost of the property before construction. Such an incentive will not be included in future contracts. Note that if the total cost of the property and taxes payable combined is below §5͵965͵ you will be given an incentive amount equaling the that. You will not be allowed make a profit from the incentive.
If you happen to obtain a start budget that is negative (e.g. your tax exceeds the value of your score)͵ you will have to borrow a loan from the town's treasury to cover the balance before starting the first town contract. You must borrow in increments of §1͵000͵ & repayment of your loan will be done at the end of each contract with the principal amount & 10% interest charged.
BONUS AWARDS
If your company can use only base-game content͵ as determined by our board of directors͵ the city will award §1͵000 to your budget in round 1.
If your company submits a company logo in the recommended size͵ the city will award §500 to your budget in round 1.
LATE SUBMISSION
If your company is late in submitting your design͵ your company will be charged §2͵000 per day that passes to a maximum of §10͵000 for 5 late days. You may still submit your design choice for this town contract. Your company may also continue to the next round if chosen to do so͵ with an additional penalty of §10͵000 if you did not submit a design from this town contract.
DISQUALIFICATION
You cannot use hacks produced outside your game to artificially depreciate the costs of the items provided in the game. Only new items from the Maxis catalog are approved for use. Anyone caught cheating in this regard (or claiming that these items are "used" & therefore deserve their low cost value) will be disqualified from the contest.
Additionally͵ no Sims can be on the lot for risk of depreciating (or appreciating) the value of the property after 24 hours in-game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TMTC_2016_RND0_V02.zip (68.1 KB, 89 downloads)