View Single Post in: The Monopoly Game Town Contest

Mad Poster
#115 Old 5th Jan 2016 at 2:27 PM
Default Application - Temporary Office - Price §27,618

To Mr Milburn,
Monopoly Game Town

Sir,

Jones & Moltke Construction (Veronaville) Ltd. wish to bid for all available contracts to construct affordable housing in Monopoly Town. Affordable housing is our speciality. Attached hereunder are photographs, plans and description of our temporary office.

I am yours faithfully,
Andrew Jones,
Managing Director

Behind Jones & Moltke Construction are two talented and enterprising Veronaville schoolboys, Andrew Jones and Julian Moltke (of whom you may have heard). They are the directors of the company and have the backing of Veronaville Town Council who seek to encourage the creativity and enterprise of the youth of the town.

The temporary offices are constructed from four modular 8x4 "Transportable Units" which can quickly be erected on site. Each unit stands on 6 simple brick-built piers. While temporary and using low-cost materials, the offices seek to provide everything needed to act as the temporary headquarters of a little company with big ideas. In contrast to the modern modular construction, the front of the office is finished in mock Tudor style, reflecting the company's roots in traditional Veronaville. Prospective clients are welcomed into the Sales Office at the front of the building. To the right is the Design Office, and behind that is a Mess Room where directors, employees and sub-contractors can mingle. The actual building will be sub-contracted to skilled Veronaville craftsmen (who will not necessarily all be "men"!), whose experience will compliment the youth and vigour of the directors. The company aims to provide a rich blend of modern design and traditional craftsmanship at affordable prices. As this is a "residential lot", a bedroom has been provided for a caretaker who will ensure both the cleanliness of the premises and the security of the site. Although it is expected that normally only the caretaker will sleep here, the directors have specified a double bed, as there may be occasions when the directors need to sleep in the office, and, especially when away from their parental homes, they certainly won't want to sleep apart! (Anyway a double bed is cheaper than two single beds, and the caretaker might be married!)

Jones & Moltke Construction is a young company going places, and the first place they intend to go is Monopoly Game Town!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EDIT 15th January 2016]
For the sake of clarification, the office was built in a base game AGS environment in a Sim-free building 'hood, but all the pictures, apart from the one showing the price, were taken in my main game, also in a Sim-free building 'hood. The picture showing the price was taken in the AGS game.

For some reason the price dropped §319 to §27,299. I sent a copy of the lot (almost in its final form) to d_dgjdhh and he found that the two Moneywell computers had somehow depreciated from §1,000 each to §900. (See his post #109 above.) Odd, considering that the lot had never been played, or even been in a neighbourhood with playable Sims. In my full game I deleted the two computers and replaced them with new ones as d_dgjdhh suggested. This increased the price/value of the lot to §27,499, still §119 less than the AGS price. d_dgjdhh gave me permission to quote the lower price in my entry, but I feel that something else must have depreciated, even if we can't identify it. So I think the higher AGS (Base Game) price is the correct one, and have quoted it here even though it's to my disadvantage. I'll attach a little picture of the lot showing that lower price in a new post. I won't add it to this post, as it would put me over the limit of 8 pictures, and I still think the higher (AGS) price is the correct one. Something similar happened with the one and only house I have uploaded to MTS so far, and that house contains no computers.
Screenshots
Attached Images

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.