View Single Post in: The Monopoly Game Town Contest

Mad Poster
#963 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 7:35 PM
Default Monopoly Game Town Contract 3 (Price §142,169)

Jones & Moltke Construction Ltd.
Veronaville

To Mr V. Briggs,
Director of Urban Development,
Monopoly Game Town

Sir,

I attach hereunder plans and photographs of our submission for Contract 3.

The building is constructed of basic materials [Base Game] to the specified basic design on Lot C. Our design comprises a terraced row of 4 2-storey street retail units with attractive frontages. With the blend of traditional and modern that you expect from Jones & Moltke, we feel we have created an ambience that will encourage increased footfall, and hence economic activity in this important area of the town. In pursuance of this aim, we have increased the provision of street-lighting by replacing the original two lamp posts by three modern sodium lights mounted on aluminium posts. These are positioned for optimum illumination of the pedestrian circulatory area in front of the shops.

We regret that, due to circumstances outwith our control, we have been unable to obtain fire alarms from our usual suppliers, and we note and appreciate your waiver clause 1 of your Safety & Hygiene Standards for Commercial Zones in this regard. My board of directors attach the highest importance to the safety of users of our properties and strongly recommend the retrospective fitting of these devices if and when they are again available, even though this would add §400 to the cost of the development. We have however succeeded in sourcing wall telephones which may be used by staff to call the emergency services. These have been provided in 7 of the 8 public rooms in the property the exception being the ground floor of Unit 1 where continuous staffing would not be expected. The coin-operated public telephone at the roadside has also been retained for this purpose; calls to the emergency services are free.

All in all we feel we are contributing an attractive retail environment which will enhance the lives of your citizens of all socio-economic groups, thus increasing your tax revenues.

I am yours faithfully,
Andrew Jones,
Managing Director

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.