View Single Post in: Build a Resort

Scholar
#342 Old 19th May 2016 at 1:59 AM
Default Round 1 submission Vacation home
For my round 1 submission I decided to build a vacation house with the requirements of 2 bedrooms with 2 beds and 2 dressers. I understood this to be the "minimum" requirement, as I actually added 3 beds and if you consider the closet in the bathroom (which the sims 4 categorizes as a dresser) then there's 3 of them!! This house can comfortably sleep 4 sims, but as long as no one minds sleeping on the sofa, then it can sleep 5. Of course there's plenty of room outside for tents and inside for air mattresses!!

I call this the Reunion Vacation Home.

In my mind, it was so spacious and had such a nice view of the lake, that I just had to add a covered pavilion in the back yard. There's 6 picnic tables, a grill, and a fire pit inside the pavilion. There's also a large bonfire in the front / side yard with lots of room for sims to set up chairs or horse around it. This is a place where sims can invite their large family to come and stay at... and perhaps the hosting family gets to sleep inside, whilst everyone else gets booted outside- Or, there's just plenty of room to invite over all the friends your sims are sure to meet in Granite Falls.

Specs:
Game- Sims 4; Neighborhood- Granite Falls, Lot size- 40x30
Rooms- combined kitchen/ dinette / living room, 2 bedrooms, 1 full bath. House raised only to the bare minimum foundation possible in sims 4, just to add separation from the ground and so that a porch with fencing looked nicer.
NO CC this time.. which was incredibly hard. I have get to work, outdoor retreat, and hangout EPs/SPs for Sims 4, so all content comes from there or from game updates (holiday update/ addition, for example, is where the dinning room table centerpiece came from).

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.