View Single Post in: Can't find actual SavedSims folder, created folder not working

Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:21 AM

I am happy I taught you something useful! ah!
But simmer22 already give you advice on how to re *spawn* a SavedSims folder.
I do not have the UC. But it should be in the same directory that your Downloads folder is.
Where is your Downloads folder? This is where SavedSims goes.

Since I am not even sure how you export your sims from the game to Bodyshop...I will assume you are using SimPE/Neighborhood browser/your hood/sim surgery/export.
When the window will pop up, presuming you might want to rename your sim package, choose the folder, this time on purpose.
Your SavedSims folder should be there, and you should be able to find it under Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
To be sure, go to that location prior to start SimPE, and create it yourself, right there!
Make sure the spelling is correct, with a capitals and everything. SavedSims <--------- like that.

And yes, it is an excellent idea to rename that sim when you export him. if you lose him, you'll be able to at least find him by name, you won't have to guess what random numbers & letters SimPE gave it.
Another important detail I must let you know.
Once in your BodyShop after export, a sim should never be brought back into the game as is.
You must clone that sim first.
I personally delete the exported one, once I am done editing its clone. So i am sure i won't be reimporting the exported one into my game.
So, when exporting a sim via SimPE, i will always rename it adding ToDelete after its name.
So i will know which file to delete from my SavedSims folder, when I'll be done with him.
Let's say I want to edit Jim Futa.
I will export him, saving him as Jim FutaToDelete. package
Once in BodyShop, I will choose Package or Clone sims.
I will find Jim and choose him.
After i will be done editing him, giving him a make over and putting him in a nice dress..I'll Hit done.

I will then exit BodyShop, open my savedSims folder and sort by date/time.
I'll find :1h1615364hjsk_7fjfkk.package as the first file and Jim FutaToDelete.package as my second file.
I will know that the first is my new Jim, so i will rename that file to Jim Futa.package.
And I'll be able to delete the ToDelete one.
tada.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)