View Single Post in: Mini Tutorials

Forum Resident
#33 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 9:06 AM
Since I've stolen away a little time to post, I am adding here a link to the very useful minitutorial by @maxon on fixing elevations of apartment sublots that end up sunken. Because it's great and should be kept easily accessible for others. (But because I have not asked her permission, I am tagging her to let her know I've done so. Maxon, I have no objection if you wish to remove my link for your own reasons.)

Also posting to add a citation and additional usage for the method mentioned in Jo's minitutorial earlier in the thread on stripping lots of sim references.

The citation: for more details about stripping, you may want to check out what Jawusa originally wrote. Jawusa is the one who developed the technique. (I've linked directly there to the post in which Jawusa gives her specific directions, though her overall thread is about the clean, empty templates that Jawusa made using the technique.)

And the additional/alternative usage: you can also strip lots that are already placed in a hood, without ever packaging them again before or after, as long as you know their lot number. However, I have only done this in unplayed lot-testing hoods (the kind I make only to place a few interesting downloaded lots, to see whether I want to keep any---then deleting the whole hood when done, never playing it). So I will err on the side of caution and not recommend that anyone strip a placed lot inside hoods that they care about. Working with a package, especially one you've made a backup of first, is surely always safer! (And if anyone out there knows for sure that my alternative method is also safe to use in actively played hoods, please let us know.)

To find a lot number for any lot in a hood, type in the cheat showlotpackage. It should work in hood view, though it's possible you've got to first use testingcheatsenabled; unfortunately, I can't say for sure because I play with showlotpackage in my userstartup file. (The whole showlotpackage thing is a tip I got from BoilingOil's own kindly shared userstartup file, in this thread on Leefish.)

Once you've got the cheat running...

Whew! OK, urge to share knowledge, satisfied. For now, heh.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/