View Single Post in: Apartment Mania

Forum Resident
#408 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM
Default Round 3: Professional Paradise
I made this apartment with Young Professionals in mind - specifically my favorite CAS sims whose personalities, careers, and relationships I want to develop first before letting them go forth and multiply

apartment 1 3BR, 1BATH, 2WCs
is made for 4 male CAS sims I downloaded from various simmers. They're all so handsome but I highly doubt their genes contributing anything good. Chiseled cheekbones have a price in sims 2. I made this apartment with them in mind first because I want to get to know them. They're the only strangers to me here hahaha
apartment 2 3BR, 2BATH (1 ENSUITE)
is made for my girls! They started out as a dice-roll-made household in Sim State University and have a special place in my heart.
apartment 3 2BR, 3BATH, 1 Secret Room
is for sim-versions of my RP and comic characters who eloped together - my future mob-boss winemaker and my friend's necromancer med student. The spare room is for their would-be inlaws in case they were ever found OR an unsuspecting roommate!
apartment 4 2BR, 1BATH, 1 Office
is for two pairs of my older, more established couples from my other comics. They're much older than all of my sims/characters and are at the top of their careers (in story) so it would make sense for them to be roommates with their economical and intellectual equals until they decide to start a family.

Basically it's an OC housing lmao

Anyways please note the following:
--I used Maxis extracted craft-able objects: flowers and curtains for apartment 3 and 4.
--All apartments are fully tested by 4 sims and 1 roommate (I tried with 6 at first but they all died due to vending machine madness)
--BBQ is still weird. They'll grill on the rooftop but will eat in their unit. I kept it there in case the landlord throws a party.
--All units are fitted with a dishwasher, trash compactor, sprinklers, and phones.
--1 Burglar Alarm is at the elevator lobby
--Trash Chutes are in every floor near the elevator
--The Balconies outside the bathrooms is for drying laundry IRL or an outdoor cat litter space? idk. it looks nice. I only put a window there so its space is not included in the rent. Players can choose to use it by putting a door there instead.