Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 12:16 AM
I was working all the day and i have one tips

I've notice that some objects is *more propitious* to have effects. This doesn't mean that the other objects are "uneffect". I explain:

Some of them (taking the gnome, for exemple, works even if i don't attach the "slot node" in the Shape reference node, in the CRES. I mean, they don't appear in the Hierarchie, but in the Content tab it was there! Why? I don't know. /)

Some objects have to change the atttach of 0x0000 0x0000000* to 0x0001 0x0000000*. If don't, the game crashes.

Some don't accept the Text List 8F in the BHAV (they don't recognize), but if it's linked correctly, it will work.

And, if you put the efffect in the Target slot isn't necessary to have a Container slot. The effect will work even there's no container slot in the SLOT file.

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Advertisement
Banned
#52 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 7:50 AM
I'm having some problems with this if anyone can help me out.

First thing, I don't understand the part where it says:

"and attach as a child node of 0x9(the Shape reference node)" how do you attach as a child node, and should I be adding a child node, or editing the one that's already there? or somehow attaching it as the article suggests. also should I add the child node in the shape reference node, or the transform node?

Another thing:

Where it says:

"Now go to list 0x90 and add your the name of the effect slot node that you added to the resource node."

I don't have a list 0x90 (Bone Names) in my package in my text lists anywhere. I'm making a decorative sculpture cloned from the Seasons "An Odd Fortelling" sculpture.
Instructor
#53 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:45 AM
Default Xmas decorations - lighting effect
I am working on a set of Christmas decorations to share here. I have a fairly good start - as you can see with the example photo. What I would ideally like to do is to add a lighting effect - similar to the christmas lights that came with the holiday pack - so that my candy cane lights up when the sun goes down. Right now when its dark its not nearly as lit up as I would prefer - its actually pretty dark. I tried to add the lighting effect from the holiday white lights garland string but I am not sure how to view the effects.
A. Do I have to be in live mode to view the lighting effect?
B. It shows that the lighting effect should be 3/4 (default) but its not showing up at all like the light string - so I am wondering if someone can take a look and help me figure out where to go from here.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  wndy26_HomespunBannerLampWithCandyCane.rar (337.8 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2016 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
For the 0x70, the first operand leave 00 because we are starting an effect(you would put 01 to stop this effect).
In case anyone else ever tries this, you use 02 to stop the effect now, not 01.
Page 3 of 3