Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 5380 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 4:09 AM
Default Ticket business values?
I've searched both this site and the internet in general for more detailed information on this, but I just can't turn up what I'm looking for.

Specifically, I'd like to know if anyone has ever researched just what makes a pay-for-time business "worth" more, as in, what justifies charging a higher rate.

I know items that boost fun help, that's pretty obvious, but there's only so many +fun items, and I'm sure there's a point of diminishing returns. I also notice that items like exercise equipment will boost ticket value. Does someone happen to know of an old guide to OFB or any other information that might help me out here?

And yes, I know I could vastly overcharge and use the sales interactions to get them to buy the tickets anyway, but I'm looking for less. . . cheesy tactics for once

(I first posted this question on the Insiminator site with no responses thus far, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had any info -- and yes, I tried searching *these* forums, too!)
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 5:51 AM
I'm guessing that the higher the rating of your business, the higher the price you can charge. I've never ran a ticket business. That is a very good question!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Site Helper
#3 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 12:23 PM
Higher rank doesn't seem to be much of a factor, since a I have had a few occasions when I had gained a rank and the "average" price had dropped a bit. (But equipment depreciation could have been contributing to that. Since the value of the business seems to decline as objects depreciate, I do know that depreciation affects it.) Things that improve environment scores seem to help, though. Also awards. I have been using the 'trial and error" method myself as well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
#4 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 2:35 PM
i've found that group items help it (poker tables, pool tables, some new bv stuff).. at least they seem to help people stay on the lot longer to do something they couldn't do at home, but don't know about upping the ticket price.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:49 AM
Does anybody know the answer to the OP's question? Which percentage of the lot value is the ticket's cost?

I personally keep finding a bandatron business to always be a loss (if played realistically, with an average price). It will never go out of the minus, caused by building the lot. Well, unless you play for hundreds of days maybe...
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:38 AM
The Environmental value of the lot, and the amount of objects that is 'usable and entertaining' for the guests, will determined the ticket price. That's from experimenting years ago..

Babahara, I don't know how can your bandatron business "always be a loss". Mine always the most profitable business. I love the bandatron..

Hey there! :)
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 1:44 PM
I think maybe Babahara just bought the lot and then built the business. In that case, yeh it will take time to recover from red.

I dont know how these things are counted. I have found that if I put 3 chesstables on one lot and 3 videogame-machines on another (1x1 lots both and hardly any decorations), I get more money out off the "chess club". In real life I think it would be the oposite
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulhare
...I dont know how these things are counted. I have found that if I put 3 chesstables on one lot and 3 videogame-machines on another (1x1 lots both and hardly any decorations), I get more money out off the "chess club"...

Really?

Hey there! :)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 12:17 PM
Resurrecting an old thread to ask:

Which is the max price for a ticket that you can set and still have sims buy a ticket? I remembered it before, but forgot. In short, you can set this price and dazzle a sim two times and a sim buys a ticket. But if you set it higher than that, they won't be buying or at least it will take a super long time and plenty of dazzle casts.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 12:30 PM
8000 simoleans/hour if your business is level 10. One or two 'Dazzles' should do it, if your sim has the convincing personality perk.

Section jump