Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 41 (Who?), Viewed: 9963 times.
Page 2 of 2
#26 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:15 PM
I like to use ceilings it makes the game seem more real to me.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:56 AM
I LOVE ceilings. Before I bought AL, I had those 1 tile squares available for downloading here on MTS, which functioned like ceilings, but made it impossible to see the room from above, so they annoyed me sometimes. Now I'm very happy about the ceilings in Al, and besides, they can be decorated the way you like, just like floors. I always play with the walls up and the ceilings on.
Instructor
#28 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 4:50 AM
Most of the time I don't bother with them. I'm never looking at the sims from an angle in which I'd have to see their ceilings
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 5:00 AM
I never really use ceilings seeing as I can never see them anyway.

But I do care enough to put a roof up if that's what you mean.
Scholar
#30 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 10:59 AM
I use them only for pictures. I wish you could use them with 1-story houses too!
Site Helper
#31 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:20 PM
My computer wouldn't run AL, so I only had the ceilings from MTS. I put them in for contest pictures, but then the Downloads folder died and my husband asked how badly we really needed them back. I conceded that abortable bed making and the batbox were more important than ceilings.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *Come visit Custom Sims 3!*2013 Yearbook
Scholar
#32 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranatah
I use them only for pictures. I wish you could use them with 1-story houses too!

Put floor tiles under the roof, that's what I always do.

I usually play with the default ceilings because that white is exacly what I see if I look at my ceiling at home. For luxury houses or community lots like pubs or expensive restaurants I change them. I must admit, while playing I seldom notice the ceilings although I always play with them turned on.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 2:23 PM
Sometimes I play with it toggled on. If you zoom out enough, it doesn't get in the way. I play with walls down--just the outer walls (along the perimeter) up. I put them up to take pictures.

I agree with the others who say the ceilings are great for picture-taking.
Scholar
#34 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:10 PM
I really like them when playing and when taking pictures.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#35 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:42 PM
I like them. Ever since they were introduced, I noticed I rather like the dollhouse perspective than the view from above.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Forum Resident
#36 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 4:04 PM
So If you have earlier expansions pre-BV/AL can you still get ceilings. Like the consensus, I like taking pictures but am annoyed at the sky if I'm doing it on the ground level looking up. Is there any special cc that will emulate ceilings?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Inventor
#37 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 4:22 PM
No, ceilings were introduced with AL, so you have to have that or M&G, unless you use CC.

I like them for pictures, but for gameplay they get in the way, so I turn them off normally.

~Sparkle!~

*A dream's a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep*

My new Simblr! ~ My Twitter ~ My Yearbook! ~ Random Legacy ~ TS2 legacy
Inventor
#38 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranatah

You can, but make sure you add the roof FIRST! I usually make starter homes single storey but want to have ceilings for picture-taking purposes, and that's how I put them in.

I don't use ceilings (or walls for that matter) during regular gameplay, but both make the houses look more realistic when I want photos!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2013 page
Instructor
#39 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 8:48 AM
I love them, it makes the rooms look so much better when you zoom in... sometimes I forget to build them, but as soon as I realize that, I add the ceilings right away. :D
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 11:08 AM
I use them all the time and have them decorated with fitting "carpets". I can't think of being without them.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 6:25 PM
If I am recording or taking pictures, I do like to use the ceilings, and walls up. But most of the time, I play ceilings off and walls down, so that I can access indoor and outdoor things easily; kind of a 'god mode', really. I can see it all! XD
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:11 AM
i use it 24/7 for my filming =] glad there is one, so my videos look more realistic =D
Page 2 of 2

Section jump