Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Builder
But thanks a lot! Of course now I got really curious about all of the Gates and functions of this device, but I can imagine there's a complete guide somewhere.

Unfortunately there isn't a guide. There are some bare boned explanations of the various modes but there is no comprehensive guide. I started writing one but real life issues pulled me away from playing sims overall. Eventually I'll get back to it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:47 AM
I googled XOR gate and got a perfect physical guide on all of the gates, and I figured they work the same.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.ed...tronic/xor.html

Then I found this which explained the rest of the modes:
http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...:_The_Processor

One question about Binary Counter though... Can I make an object to respond to any string value? It seems the string value increases for every input made to that computer, what I miss is the possibility to DECREASE the same value. Why not making Input0 decreasing the string, and Input1 should increase it...

I'm a little pissed at the creators for making such a stupid way of programming, when there are lots of easier solutions (even for a beginner). If they had made a general programming feature, it would even be possible to "program" your neighbourhood:
Your Sim receive a letter in the mailbox containing a mysterious key. It seems it leads to the book store basement in town. And then you can work from there...

Now people can download your modified Sunset Valley which contains lots of hidden rooms and to discover. So instead of just designing a tomb, you can make a quest out of a neighbourhood. Maybe a murder investigation, or whatever you can come up with. But now I'm floating away with too many of my game design fantasies.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#53 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:54 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Mar 2011 at 5:05 PM.
I am trying to link a floor switch to a hidden stairway and can't get it to do what I want. This is my first ever time creating a tomb and I find it extremely frustrating. This thread is the most helpful thing I have found so I am hoping one of you can assist me.

EDIT: I think I got it but I will have to test and see.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:19 PM
First select the triggering item: Choose "link trigger" and a criteria (e.g. Step On).
Then select your target: Choose "link to activated behaviour" and an effect of your choice.

If you want a floor switch to trigger several events, you need to select Link trigger > step on every time.

Beer76: Do you know if there is a way to make messages pop up without using the wall plates? For example, when you open a chest it should trigger a message saying "You found a letter in the chest, saying that a key is hidden behind the shed.".
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
Has anyone created a Guide for this yet?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:33 AM
Hey guys I've just started making my own tombs and this stuff is really helpful. I might try and use the information given here in a wiki if that's alright. Everyone's been asking for a simple site that will explain about TNS text and linking objects. If you guys could help me by writing up an article on your area of expertise that would be awesome! We seriously need an easy-to-use, instructive website to teach gamers how to do all this cool stuff =P thanks guys.
Test Subject
#57 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 12:26 PM
I found a tutorial with some good tips here:

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-sim...de/page_19.html
Forum Resident
#58 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:12 PM
Here is this tutorial as well: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDeta...ontentId=151923
It's a little more advanced and I would suggest looking at the other tutorials linked here first, but this tutorial tells you more how to make unique tombs and such. It's definitely one of my favorite tutorials out there for tomb building.
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 5:50 AM
Wouldn't you just change the Set TNC or something or other under said activated event?

Quote: Originally posted by The Builder
First select the triggering item: Choose "link trigger" and a criteria (e.g. Step On).
Then select your target: Choose "link to activated behaviour" and an effect of your choice.

If you want a floor switch to trigger several events, you need to select Link trigger > step on every time.

Beer76: Do you know if there is a way to make messages pop up without using the wall plates? For example, when you open a chest it should trigger a message saying "You found a letter in the chest, saying that a key is hidden behind the shed.".
Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:23 PM
I have been looking for something like this for some time now. Thank you for all of the info. I started a basement tomb, but haven't had much success with it. I will definately try all of these ideas. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:39 PM
The way the floors of a tomb are layed out can make the place more interesting. Below are three links that lead to three images of tomb layouts I have made. I intend to complete the tombs in time. Fear not, for the images are on photobucket and it should not take a long time for them to appear.
Sewer Terminus Layout
Krypt Of Klas Gramar B1 Layout
Krypt Of Klas Gramar B2 Layout
Please comment on the layouts of the tombs.

Is there a method that can be used to keep sims from teleporting inside a tomb?
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 3:40 PM
Kill all your sims! ))
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 11:59 PM
Default Please help!
For some reason when I am trying to build a tomb I can't hide my doors. I have figured out how to use all the trigger and behavior functions for the traps, switches, and other objects that can be linked; however, when it comes to all of my doors I am never given the option to hide or make hidden at any point. When I CSL-click on them there is no hide option anywhere, and when I try to link activated behaviors with a trigger all I ever get is lock or unlock. Please explain?!!?
Eminence Grise
#64 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:40 AM
I don't have an answer for you, but I can suggest that if you don't get one in this rather low-traffic forum, you could try the Building forum here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=594
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 12:19 PM
I dont really get all this trigger and link trigger stuff and i need someone to explane this alot more clear.I despretly need some help with the security in my sphinx house in AL Simhara.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 8:50 AM
I cannot get stuff such as the keystone plague to unlock doors and I have no clue how to link and trigger things.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 12:13 AM
How do you place gems, metals etc you want your Sims to find on a pedestal? I'm building a tomb and whenever I place a pedestal there's a little card on top that says 'Awaiting donation of....whatever' But I want the pedestal to spawn a collectible for the exploring Sims to collect. Is there a way to do this similar to how you can set it up every time you open a treasure chest your Sims will get a specified treasure? Please let me know if I have not explained this clearly enough.

Edit: For the benefit of people having trouble setting up links, there are many guides out there if you google them. I too found setting it all up very difficult (and still do) and I found it useful to print out the instructions as it was much easier to get the concept of on paper rather than from a computer screen.
Page 3 of 3