Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 12:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:26 PM.
The Longest Legacy Challenge You'll Ever Play (Guaranteed!)
Hello all!

When you play a legacy, do all your spares become banned to a permanent spot of intentional death or a life in the sim bin! How immoral! They deserve lives too!

I came up with this little idea and have been playing it for awhile now, still needs a bit of testing I suppose but nothing drastic.

What you do: start a legacy like you normally would. Get skilling, get married, build a 2-wall starter home, find a job, have little crib midgets, blah, blah, blah. Choose your heir like you normally would. [It matters not what rules you follow in choosing of anything, really.]

BUT! Here's the change.
Your spares? They go off and start their own different types of legacies (or even other challenges, if you feel necessary), and are then played by time sort of like the Prosperity Challenge (weekly, daily, seasonally) to keep breeding and aging somewhere in the realm of similar.

However, I will include a program my boyfriend programmed for me (seems a bit redundant to state it like that, no?). It helps me roll for aspirations and many of the other things I do. It also rolls random numbers! There is a tab called "Fates Challenge Conditions," you could probably ignore that unless there's something in it that you find useful; Fates Challenge was a challenge that I wrote and it didn't go far at all :P
Let me know if the attachment is broken or if you want a rar instead of a Zip.

The list I use for new legacies I shall include here:

1) alphabet legacy (26 generations, all named after letters of the alphabet)
2) matriarchy (founder and heirs female)
3) patriarchy (founder and heirs male)
4) riskacy (marry [or breed with] the first sim of the opposite sex on your lot)
5) adoptacy (heirs are adopted)
6) plantsimacy (founder must spawn pretty plant-sim heirs)
7) vampiracy [you'll have to change them when the turn teens or adults or something ;p](same as above, only with vampys!) [I haven't really played supernaturals, so please don't hesitate to correct me on accurateness of breeding abilities of supernaturals, and thanks in advance]
8) zombacy (I've been informed that they can't breed, so it's irrelevant unless you guys can think of something)
9) alienacy (your founder must be male and get abducted by aliens to have alien babies [only heirs have to be alien spawn, and could someone tell me if the spawn of a human-alien can get alien pregnant?]
10) servoacy (once again, I've been informed they can't breed)
11) goodwitchacy (you could probably combine 11 and twelve if you feel so inclined; just make a witchacy)
12) badwitchacy
**13) apocalypse** - I made this one optional for myself because I'm terrified of it.. lol
14) living off the land...acy (be gatherers and fishers! gardens and fishies for your foodz!)
15) NLC Legacy (it has unique generational rules, I thought it was interesting.
16) homebusiness-acy (open a home business and keep it running all 10 generations)
17) apartmentacy (live in an apartment throughout the legacy instead of a house.. cheesy, I know)
18) two-ltw-acy (for those elixir users; complete 2 ltws instead of one! muahaahha)

Your heir of whatever legacy you're in should stay in the house. (i.e. your first legacy is a traditional legacy, your heir continues it and your spares move on to the next challenge/legacy)

To determine your spare's destination, random roll for the number. If your spare doesn't fit the requirement (i.e. a female spare rolls a patriarchy or alienacy) you may re-roll. That's really my only rule. :P

You could also add challenges and things to these (like asylums) or different types of legacies I didn't include (such as rainbow legacies). Feel free to omit the ones you don't have EPs for or don't particularly like to play or are scared of (apocalypse :P).

You could go beyond 10 generations or anything. I still haven't hammered out what to do if you don't want to continue or have run out of legacies. Be creative and make your own system up, since people usually tweak challenges to fit their needs anyway.

If I've missed something, or you have questions, comments, opinions, critiques, suggestions (especially on additions), tips and tricks, or anything else that pertains to this challenge, feel free to exercise your right to tell me!

Thanks and have fun!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RandomizeASim(2).zip (20.1 KB, 206 downloads) - View custom content
Description: See post above for details; all programming credit goes to Cyle Dawson :)

When prey softly outwits its predator... such is a sight to see...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:29 AM
I love this. I usually attempt legacies, and get bored because I always play my spares either in the same house or other houses. And Since my game curses me with male children all the time, I usually have 4 or 5 before I get a girl heir, and then have a ton of sims to take care of. I like the idea of doing different legacies for the spares, I'll definitely be using your list.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:54 AM Last edited by junglewildchild : 20th Jul 2010 at 3:59 AM.
Vamps and Servos don't really "breed", I mean Vamps can have babies, but they won't be vamps but you can turn them into vamps . But servos don't breed, period. I'm not sure about Zombies breed though. *Runs off to computer to test* I'll be back.

*edit*
Oops, I forgot to come back.
Anyways, like the person below me said, zombies don't breed. I only said that because I said I would be back. That's what you get when you don't remember anything. But, I am definitely gonna try this. Can I post pictures?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:47 AM
Zombies are a no, but maybe with the help of a hack?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:01 AM
Thanks for your help everyone.

I was trying to think of another way to make a legacy with servos or zombies, since they can't breed it'd have to be something creative. The heir wouldn't be a zombie or servo.. hmm..

Glad you guys like the idea.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:35 AM
Perhaps the Head of the house must create a zombie or servo before they age? I've never played servos, so I don't know how that works, but with zombies that would mean they would have to become a witch or warlock. I think there is another way to make zombies, but I don't have all the expansion packs, so I'm not sure...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:38 PM
With university, completion of the paranormal career unlocks a phone that you use to call grimmy, pay him not enough cash, and he will give you a zombie. I think you can do it in the secret society as well.

I haven't played much (5 minutes tops) with witches. I didn't know they could make zombies haha.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
The evil witch when they are top level can bring back zombies with a spell.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 8:32 PM
Haha that's awesome, thanks for the tip.

I might have to try some witches...

Test Subject
#10 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
WOW!! This is absolutely amazing! I'm not good at sticking at things, and keep changing my mind about everything, so this will help me along with my own legacy! Thank you so much for writing this, I never would have thought of it by myself!

My founder had 11 children And I've got them all partners/childrean, and I've played them, but I haven't been able to stick at my main house because I'm too busy with the others! But I think I may have to just go back and play some more so I can have more legacies! xP

Thanks again, this has to be my favourite post EVER :lovestruc

LiveJournal - For my Rainbow Legacy, Legacy, Victorial Social Class Challenge; With a Twist!, and more stuff!
DreamWidth - For downloads!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:45 AM

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by junglewildchild : 24th Jul 2010 at 2:08 AM.
Can I post pictures? Please? Pretty Please?
***EDIT***
Yay, I can post pictures!! Okay, I will have some soon, definitely.
*Scurries to start sims 2*
*************LINK TO PICTURES*************
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=285165
Since I am lazy, I created a story instead. Please read if your interested.
Oh, and when I said I was playing by my own rules, I meant by these rules, but not the general rules in all of the other stories. Don't take it wrong.It wasn't even implied ot anyone on MTS

Instructor
#13 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 12:14 AM
interseting deffently going to try this after I'm done with a few of the other challanges
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:40 AM
junglewildchild: post as many pictures as you can, yes yes! I love pictures!!!

Trillan: thank you for your feedback

Instructor
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 6:20 PM
I <3 this program
Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by junglewildchild
Can I post pictures? Please? Pretty Please?
***EDIT***
Yay, I can post pictures!! Okay, I will have some soon, definitely.
*Scurries to start sims 2*
*************LINK TO PICTURES*************
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=285165
Since I am lazy, I created a story instead. Please read if your interested.

I was reading through your story package and with better hair and skin that guy with the blonde receding hairline is actually very pretty and will make your some rather lovely sim babies. I can try and post you some pictures when I get home.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
I was reading through your story package and with better hair and skin that guy with the blonde receding hairline is actually very pretty and will make your some rather lovely sim babies. I can try and post you some pictures when I get home.

Oh, I see what your getting at. Lol, I was just too thick to look closely....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM
jungle: thanks so much for your pictures I'd offer to share mine but I'm like in the 3rd generation and my game keeps deleting my 1st generation graves ;( But I totally will if you'd like

Keep the pictures coming! I don't want this thread to die, and it's so nice to see people taking interest!

I love you all

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 4:38 PM Last edited by ANiallGirl4Life : 6th Mar 2015 at 9:48 PM.
I'm definitely trying this :3 I just started, so I rolled an Alphabet legacy as my "main" legacy and (I roll the number of kids too), I rolled 4 kids, which means 3 extra legacies! The second child of Gen A is about to be born and his/her older sister, Autumn, just became a toddler. So this is obviously gonna last me awhile xD I love it already though!

I rolled an alphabet legacy and four kids for the start :3 right now, Autumn is a teen; Arielle is a child; and Acacia and August (cheesecake twins, August is the only boy) just turned into children. So it's been pretty easy so far since I haven't had to switch legacies yet xD but once the spares move out (I'm deciding the heir via a die when they all become teens), I'll start my rotations. Excited!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:04 PM
I'm sorry for double posting xD but I have come up with my own set of rules (: I'm not too keen on having supernatural sims, ESPECIALLY if I have to MAKE them supernatural for multiple generations, so I altered the list a bit, as well as came up with some of my own ideas! Here's my list (: even though some are a bit lame xD
1) alphabet legacy
2) matriarchy
3) patriarchy
4) riskacy (breed with first sim on lot)
5) adoptacy
6) random legacy
7) rainbow legacy
8) alienacy
9) oldest heiracy
10) youngest heiracy
11) living off the landacy
12) bookacy (sims named after characters in books)
13) movieacy (sims named after characters in movies)
14) home businessacy
15) apartmentacy
16) Disneyacy
17) Most Neat Pointsacy
18) Most Outgoing Pointsacy
19) Most Active Pointsacy
20) Most Playful Pointsacy
21) Most Nice Pointsacy
22) Most Genetic Variationacy (ex: parents have brown hair and one has brown eyes and the other has green; heir ends up with green eyes and blonde hair from an older relative)
23) Uglacy
24) Pretticy
25) LGBTacy (heir(ess) must be gay/lesbian and adopt) (could also work with adoptacy)

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer