Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 44 (Who?), Viewed: 10515 times.
Page 2 of 2
Scholar
#26 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 12:11 AM
Here, in Spore, is S$30. Pretty cheap, if you know the right place...

Hey there! :)
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:08 AM
What makes me mad is the fact that the digital download is the same. freaking. price as the box. They used to make excuses for how expensive games were: "It's the nice packaging and getting it out to stores." And yet the digital download is the same price!!

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:13 AM
Last time I saw, it was around $489 MXN (around $39 USD) the game by itself, with the expansions roughly at the same price, in a Office Depot somewhere in Mexicali. Then again, the prices vary a lot per store here.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:53 AM
Yep, games in Australia are ridiculously expensive. It should be noted that it's not just EA though. If your looking to buy any new game for PC it would be around the $100 mark. Yes, it's stupid, but there are reasons for it. Mostly that games need to be shipped to (and around) Aus, that the Australian companies have to buy from UK, US and Japanese markets so you have to deal with all of those economic dealies, and lastly, that because they have been this price for so long people are used to it.

Bit more info can be found here: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/05/mo...price-is-right/

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 6:23 PM
I'm in the UK, waiting for Pets to go below 20. ($30). You can get it new on Amazon for 25, but usually they drop to below 20 within 6 weeks or so....and it just hasn't happened this time round! Still 25, getting a bit frustrated - I might have bought it new in October if had known, but prefer to wait till mods/cc have been updated and bugs to be fixed.

Hsa anyone else in the UK noticed Pets has been more expensive for longer?
Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 8:03 PM
In Colorado, it's around 39.43 cents including tax. Game ate up two gift cards, but it was so worth it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:24 PM
In Norway, base game now cost about 50 $, ep's 42 $.
That's really not expensive here, I work at a grocery store and I make 50 $ in 2 hours at work
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmiakk
In Norway, base game now cost about 50 $, ep's 42 $.
That's really not expensive here, I work at a grocery store and I make 50 $ in 2 hours at work
Can I move in with you and get a job at the grocery store? I make about 40 cents more than a grocery store worker here and make 16 dollars in two hours. The Sims 3 is still 40 dollars here on Origin, but I can snag it on Amazon for 25 dollars. Expansion packs go from 30-40 dollars, and stuff packs at 15-20.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:09 PM
Why do the Expansion Packs cost just as much as the game itself!?

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:42 PM
I'm in Canada, and it was about 50$ for me. And I... I mean, my mum bought it for me when it first came out.

My name is AJ, please, call me that rather then my username. :)

The Rose Chronicles - Random Legacy

My tumblr .
Theorist
#36 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch
In Vietnam? $0.70. And I'm not joking. There's no legit copies of the game anywhere over here.

Pirated copies, eh? Your country's not the only one. You can hardly find anything NOT pirated in Indonesia. Sims DVDs there costs around $3-4.
Instructor
#37 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmiakk
I work at a grocery store and I make 50 $ in 2 hours at work

Holy shit, is that in US dollars? Damn, I should move to Norway... If only I could speak Norwegian or whatever D:

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr ♥ ❤ ❥
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 4:46 PM
In Sweden the basegame cost around 60$, expantions 52-53$ and stuffpacks around 30$ when you buy from origin.
However, at some stores in sweden the prize is either higher or lower.

腐女子 です~
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 5:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope
Holy shit, is that in US dollars? Damn, I should move to Norway... If only I could speak Norwegian or whatever D:

Problably US Dollars, as I make 24,40$ in a hour as a hairdresser (without commission) and live in norway

But also allot of things are really expencive here. Norway is after all one of the most expencive countrys to live in. I pay 1514,85 to rent my 45m2 apartment :S

Good the Sims are not to bad in price

mjau
----------
Known as Elevinia on simscave and GoS
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 5:48 PM
I bought Sims Medieval on amazon brand new for 27.
I bought TS3 from there too, for 34.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:21 PM
Well, when you take the EP's / premium content into consideration, it makes it pretty much the most expensive game ever.
And of course, it's the most buggy game. Even pushing past Fallout. Way to go.

TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#42 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:34 PM
$53 for regular and LE in The Netherlands $59 for the KP edition. Though you can find it for cheaper if you know where to look.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Theorist
#43 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:36 PM
It was $30 for the base game and $30 for each Expansion pack. (Is it any wonder I only bought 2? I don't see the point of buying something I don't want with money I don't have.)
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch
In Vietnam? $0.70. And I'm not joking. There's no legit copies of the game anywhere over here.

That is where all of mine are from... !! Hey, I did pay for them!
Theorist
#45 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 6:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haricots
Here, in Spore, is S$30. Pretty cheap, if you know the right place...

Eh, where? The last time I checked, The Sims 3 basegame costs almost $50, while the Expansions range from $30-50. Unless there's a promotion/discount event.
Page 2 of 2

Section jump