Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 3:59 PM
Default Help with TV Channels (Converting to VP6)
I am not sure if this is the right area to post this, or to post this on the tutorial thread that I am following. Sorry if I am in the wrong place.

I have been able to get my video into .avi format after resizing it to 256 x 256 and extracted the .wav audio with virtual dub successfully. I also managed to convert the .wav to .dat with GUI. I added the " -fps"30" -loops"-1" -loope"-1 on the end of the output file. (ie: sound.dat" -fps"30" -loops"-1" -loope"-1)

The problem I'm having is when I open up the VP6 0.05 Converter. When I try to add my .avi file, I get an error message.

Supported Only On2 Technologies VP6 codec!

I tried changing the format to .wmv, but I get the same error message. I am not sure what to do.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong area and should be in the thread where the tutorial is.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:05 PM
You never said anything about converting it to the VP6 codec in virtual dub, so try that. Also, try the new converter as well. The link should be on the last page of my tutorial thread.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 9:46 PM
Okay, I'll try that and I'll reply whether or not I got it to work.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
You never said anything about converting it to the VP6 codec in virtual dub, so try that. Also, try the new converter as well. The link should be on the last page of my tutorial thread.

So how DO you convert it to vp6 in VDub? I don't see vp6 anywhere in my compression option...tried the new version and 1.9.7
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AwfulArchdemon
So how DO you convert it to vp6 in VDub? I don't see vp6 anywhere in my compression option...tried the new version and 1.9.7

I'm working for TV Channels in Sims 4 but I got the same problem.

You need to download the VP6 codec, but the newest version is not working for me. Because that On2 is bought by Google, the downloads linked to on2.com won't work.
But after a long long time, I got a functional version, it's 6.2.0.10.
The problem, I forgot the download page and because of copyright, I don't know whether it's allowed to upload this version to MTS.

What I know, is the filename: "vp6_vfw_codec.exe". The most links of the newest non functional version go to a file named: "vp6_decoder.exe"

If you got the right download, install the codec, restart VirtualDub and you see VP6 Profiles in compression list.