Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 116 (Who?), Viewed: 42254 times.
Page 5 of 5
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#101 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 2:12 AM
The "Wanton" trait? That was base-game. I am currently examining the behavior and looking for how to fix it. Already eliminated a few under the hood nuisances.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
Original Poster
#102 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:23 AM
Yeah, thats the one. I admit I'm sort of curious about that!
Test Subject
#103 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 6:22 PM
It would be better if there was an explanation about the effects of the different reputations. Also is there a updated reputation list? One of my sims (female) got maneater and I haven't seen that any where.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:51 AM
I have to say, I agree with what most of you have said about the reputations. When Liam O'Malley and Sam Bagley met each other and fell in love, they each had a previous love interest from when they were teenagers. They were not in relationships with these other sims, but once they got married they were labeled as "naughty" and "cheating" and their stats said that their longest relationships were the sims that were merely love interests.

Sam confessed to Liam, on their wedding day no less, that she'd been cheating and he slapped her! I tried to make it work and I had them ask their respective love interests to just be friends and everything, and they even had a baby together, but sadly Liam ended up cheating on Sam with her sister Matilda and getting her pregnant as well. So they got divorced and he moved in with the pregnant sister, now their children are cousins and half sisters and (I am pretty sure) Liam's rep is all squeaky clean again because he's back down to one relationship. It's a little messed up, but the drama of it keeps me playing them!
Instructor
Original Poster
#105 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:59 AM Last edited by SimsLover50 : 17th Aug 2011 at 5:34 AM.
I just think not all sims are going to freak out about a childhood romance so, forcing sims to break up for me- isn't entertaining. In fact this patch has killed a lot of my interest in the sims 3 franchise, because my sims wouldn't act the way they are being made to be portrayed. My sims are very mellow about sexuality, and even wanted to have a child with their rooomate. Sadly, EA wants all sims to have the same puritanical and silly views about romance. Its very annoying.

Thank goodness for the romance recombobulator mod. I can turn this 'feature' off.
Test Subject
#106 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:05 AM
Personally, I have never had any real problems with the system when it comes to cheating because it's pretty easy to undo. Note: I do have Twallan's SP, but I don't think it's a feature of it.

For example, I made one sim who was the town bicycle who slept with at least 5 sims and got the cheater reputation. Then, once she reached adulthood and gave birth out of wedlock, I decided to change her around and got her to call over all of her previous lovers one at a time. Under the 'mean' menu, there is an option to 'ask to be just friends' and then the romantic relationship is terminated. Immediately afterward, click the other sim and select 'apologize,' then their relationship goes back to friends and they don't talk for a few days because of the awkwardness. By doing this, I got my sim from being a cheater to the faithful reputation in a few days, and still kept all her friendships.

The same sim had a long relationship with a guy who already had a girlfriend and they woo-hoo'ed and even had a child together. The girlfriend never knew until my sim went over to their house and kissed the guy right in front of the girlfriend. It was only then that the male sim got caught cheating.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
8th Sep 2011 at 12:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Wojtek. Reason: No pain no gain
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 6:25 AM
This romantic reputation stuff is driving me mad. I wanted my generation 2 heir to marry his girlfriend before his mother passed on, and she was pushing it (she had already filled her elder age bar). So I moved the girlfriend, Blake, into my active family. The same day she moved in, my sim, Leon, had to go to work. I planned on having them marry as soon as he got home. I was playing around with her while I waited, and I noticed that she had a romantic interest in another guy in town. I thought about having her invite him over to tell him she just wanted to stay friends, but right as I was about to, I got a notification saying that he had died. I figured that would take care of it. It didn't. Leon got home and immediately accused Blake of cheating. So it knocked their relationship bar back to almost zero and Blake got branded with the Cheater reputation. THE GUY IS DEAD. I can't fix her reputation by telling the other guy to back off or really do anything to fix it. I have to save up all my sim points to get the Clean Slate reward. And what really sucks is that until then, every time Leon comes home from work he immediately starts heading for Blake to accuse her of cheating. I have to resetsim his butt every time he walks in the door now. >.<
Instructor
Original Poster
#108 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 9:13 PM
That is ridiculous. Apparently some on the sims 3 forum want romantic relationships to remain after death, but this clearly causes problems with the romantic rep. Clearly this is a half-baked idea that EA Really needs to fix. Even wtih the romantic recombobluator, I immeadiatly cheat and add the above reproach reward to all my sims. I just don't want to fuss with the rep and the nagging, and the silliness. It really bothers me that the game forces my sims to behave in a way that just doesn't suit my story. /end rant. :grin:
Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM Last edited by yanqui9 : 5th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
I hate the reputation system to the point off putting of buying Generations and Pets because of it. Its now impossible to play a "player" sim, especially if he/she becomes a celebrity.

I just hate the system because I feel it is enforcing some quasi-religious "morals" code on my sims, similar to many that exist in several more fundamental religions that I won't mention individually as I don't want to offend with my opinion. I really hate it. If I was a tinfoil hat wearing type, I could easily see this as some sort of social engineering, propaganda, programming crap.

Its even more mind boggling that in Sims 2, they had "Romance Sims" who got wants to woohoo like twice a day and with everyone they saw with no penalties. Makes me think that maybe the new brass-hats in charge of Sims wanted this reputation system because of or based on their own moralistic belief systems, of which I will say no more.

So I am showing my displeasure with my wallet. And you know what they say, EA, for every one person that speaks out, 100 made the same decision. That's two expansions, 80 bucks, times 100. 8000 dollars lost EA because someone over there has some belief systems that should not be being impressed on people by fiat through a computer game. Not a small chunk of change!
Instructor
Original Poster
#110 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 4:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanqui9

I just hate the system because I feel it is enforcing some quasi-religious "morals" code on my sims, similar to many that exist in several more fundamental religions that I won't mention individually as I don't want to offend with my opinion. I really hate it. If I was a tinfoil hat wearing type, I could easily see this as some sort of social engineering, propaganda, programming crap.

Its even more mind boggling that in Sims 2, they had "Romance Sims" who got wants to woohoo like twice a day and with everyone they saw with no penalties. Makes me think that maybe the new brass-hats in charge of Sims wanted this reputation system because of or based on their own moralistic belief systems, of which I will say no more. !

This is a good post, and I quite agree. It seem like EA has been taking a moralistic bent since Late night (OMG A baby out of wedlock!) Who is writing this stuff?

I also wondered if the reason we don't have alien abduction, is the brass-hats do not want to deal with males having babies.

The truth is, this is a game. Not reality. The player should be the ultimate decider of how a sim should respond. Giving every sim a one size fits all reaction just isn't realistic. Just as real people have a variety of relationships and responses, so should sims.
Test Subject
#111 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:23 AM
Aside from the moralistic stuff, I absolutely abhor the romantic rep system! It's sorely inconvenient for me as I'm playing the family man challenge. Not glitchy, but my Sim J.K. Thaler has the reputation of Slime Ball. Slimeball! Can you believe that? He does have many active romantic interests, (right around 10 or so) but every time I go over to see one of my newborns, the girls never fail to "accuse of cheating". I use twallan's Woohooer to help my challenge along. Grrr!
And my Sim is a 5-star celebrity, so it goes without saying that the paparazzi is a disease he cannot avoid. I'm getting so tired of the Pop up telling me he had a child out of wedlock. And the baby mamas hatin' on him. EA's just sitting on their moralistic high horse with this reputation crap.
Forum Resident
#112 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 9:09 PM
I went for the romantic rep recombobulator the first day it came out, and never looked back.
Well, maybe just once. To laugh
Field Researcher
#113 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 9:23 PM
I agree with most of those who posted above - the reputation is a crappy thing. i like the reputation thingy in TS2 Apartment Life, because it referred to relationshops in general, not just romantic ones, and wasn't so terrbly moralistic. It was more about having friends or enemies, acting nicely or rudely towards other sims...

And, how can it be - being a Criminal is ok, but having more than 1 love partner (even not at the same time, but one after the other) is wrong? Isn't that silly? We, the sims players, want the sims to be different: some are good, other are evil, some are sociable, other are loners, some are policemen, teachers, doctors, sportsmen, and others are criminal, or are just cleptomanic, so they can steal things from the others. We have it all in the game. So, why can't we have polyamorous relationships or just several romantic relationships lasting one afte the other? Then, their reaction to their significant others' cheating really bothers me. Why are they slapping each other? So, having a romantic interesting at school, and then marrying another sim when you're adult, is wrong, but such extreme jealousy and home violence is right? Slapping your partner is home violence, yes, do you understand it EA puritan moral freaks? it is much worse than woo-hooing with many girls/guys around town. .. end of my vent, I just had to force myself to stop.
Field Researcher
#114 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 10:50 AM
An other let bug bear of mine when it comes to the romance/reputation system is the slapping bit, it's not ok to have a bit on the side but domestic violence is A OK, for this reason alone I dont think the mechanics of the game reflect puritanical biases of the makers and was simply ill thought out fun to make the game more exciting (Fail).

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
Scholar
#115 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 7:28 PM
Every time the line about having a child out of wedlock pops up I get a little bit closer to going to EA headquarters and smacking everyone I come across.
Top Secret Researcher
#116 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 2:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zokugai
Every time the line about having a child out of wedlock pops up I get a little bit closer to going to EA headquarters and smacking everyone I come across.

Hear, hear. Just happened to my sim and I was just so &#%#!He didn't even sleep with her. She was just a surrogate mom with a little help of Twallan's MC.

If simmies can go to the hospital to have a plastic surgery, then they should be able to go there to get artificially impregnated. I know there's a hospital mod now but EA should have been more open-minded about it in the first place.

SmilingJack: "Blood! It's your new leg of lamb, your new champagne."
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines World Project
Scholar
#117 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:33 AM
I love that mod, lol. Every time I come across a slightly attractive townie ( a rarity I know) I send them there. Even if I don't want to use them. Just in case. I'm an attractive-townie-genetic-material hoarder.
Page 5 of 5

Section jump