Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 4061 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:34 PM
How do I?
Change the price of a lot? I got one from here last night but it costs more than sims can earn so no one can move into it.

Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:35 PM
Price of the lot is based on what it contains. You'd have to place the lot and go into build/buy mode on it (without sims living there) and remove things to change the price.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 3:56 PM Last edited by missy harries : 6th Nov 2011 at 4:22 PM.
You can always use a comand prompt (cheat), hold Ctrl+Shift+C then type in freerealestate and press enter. That'll let you move any sim into any lot, I always use that to move sims in I'm not sure if you need testingcheats enabled though (testingcheats are always enabled in my game ).

EDIT: Yes I am an idiot!!!!!!

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply

just another deviant artist
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:01 PM
thank you both for the answers! I tried to go into the house to get rid of some things but it crashes, so there must be something wrong with the house. I use testingcheats too, and usually use familyFunds to be able to afford them, but the freerealestate sounds a whole lot better! Problem is I tried it and it didn't work just now before the last crash. Sometimes when I put it in it will work fine, sometimes I'll be able to change relationship bars but not skill bars, or vice versa, and sometimes it doesn't work at all.
Forum Resident
DELETED POST
6th Nov 2011 at 4:13 PM
This message has been deleted by missy harries.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:13 PM
freerealestate is a Sims 3 cheat. Won't work on TS2.

If your lot is crashing, there might be some problem with buggy custom content, if it came with any. Check again if you got everything it needed to work, and try reinstalling it with Clean Installer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:19 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=422318&c=1
that's the house. I didn't get the CC but it says its needed, not required. I installed with Clean Installer, but I don't know how to uninstall a house other than just deleting it from the house bin.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginrouken
freerealestate is a Sims 3 cheat. Won't work on TS2.

If your lot is crashing, there might be some problem with buggy custom content, if it came with any. Check again if you got everything it needed to work, and try reinstalling it with Clean Installer.

Ah it's been so long since I played TS2 I forgot that not all cheats are there *hangs head* sorry lol!!!!!

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply

just another deviant artist
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:20 PM
Im scanning folders with SimPE now to see if anything is bad *shrugs*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy harries
Ah it's been so long since I played TS2 I forgot that not all cheats are there *hangs head* sorry lol!!!!!

It's okay, you were trying to help
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 4:22 PM
xmirellax, is this a house that comes loaded with the game, or one that you downloaded from a CC site? If it comes with the game, opening it shouldn't cause a crash unless the game is glitching. If it's a downloaded house then yes, there's probably something in the house that won't work with your game. Go back where you got it and see if it was made using EPs you don't have or if it has custom content in it.

You might better go over to the Game Help FAQ and work through that, figuring out where your problem lies; if that doesn't solve it, then you'll have enough information to phrase your question to get good answers. Good luck.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . My most recent book is Sullivan, That Summer. Widespot and Widespot RFD: The Subhood are both available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 6:10 AM
The house is marked as requiring Mansions & Gardens, which you don't have listed in your profile. That is presumably why it's crashing when you try to load it.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.

Section jump