Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 4663 times.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:31 PM
Default creating default replacement bodyshape question
Hi: I have a question regarding what should be included in a default replacement package containing my custom body mesh. yesterday a extracted using sims3d -sims03, a top,swim,undies and bottom GMDC's. I made an new package for each one and replaced it with my own respective GMDC's. In game ,it worked perfectly and it retains my bodyshape when nude switching to maxis and even other custom skintones which are made for maxis shape. Before yesterday I've had Zenman's bodyshape as a default replacement for yrs until this. In my package there's only a GMDC while when i study his, there's all four part,GMDC,GMND,SHPE and CRES. Why is this, since mine worked perfectly when the sim is nude. What's the reason for including those other three parts in the package. Can someone shed a bit of light and explain this to me cause, i don't understand the reason or the function of these other parts quite yet. :
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:58 PM
Hello: I'm just wondering why nobody is responding to this question since it might be quite a simple question to some of you. If it's the way I have written the question is difficult to understand well, I can rephrase my question. I'm looking to find an answer so, that I can complete my work to upload for everyone to enjoy. Help is always nice as one can not know everything in advance. That's why i ask for your help,thank you.
Site Helper
#3 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
If you mesh works, it works. It doesn't really matter why it works. As long as other people will be able to use it without any problems, they probably won't care what the specifics of the mesh are.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 1:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakepeeps7
If you mesh works, it works. It doesn't really matter why it works. As long as other people will be able to use it without any problems, they probably won't care what the specifics of the mesh are.
I think you're wrong fakepeeps7 cause, if that's true then why would other creators include those other three parts? I don't have a clue about that and I've looked for such tutorial and didn't find. I appreciate your support but, I still want to have an answer. It works in my game yes, but not knowing what's going on stops me from uploading tons of stuff I've made. If you know of a good tutorial about this subject let me know. Thanks fakepeeps7 and have a nice day.
Just effing with the CRES...
staff: super moderator
#5 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 3:24 PM
Your mesh works because its a default replacement. Its calling on all the normal Maxis gmnd, shpe, and cres. Ive got a couple bodyshop replacement meshes out there and you only need to include the files you've changed.

Wooshing to Bodyshop Modding

Updated: Smallhouse Models Nursery set

Currently on semi-hiatus while I start my new business.
Like my work? Help me make a difference!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:20 PM
Default Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaenoh
Your mesh works because its a default replacement. Its calling on all the normal Maxis gmnd, shpe, and cres. Ive got a couple bodyshop replacement meshes out there and you only need to include the files you've changed.

Wooshing to Bodyshop Modding
well, I guess i have to be satisfied with your answer. What made me uncertain was when I studied Zenman's bodyshpe default file which I've had for several years. that's why i got suspicious at my own default package which only contained a GMDC. It works fine &it's probably like you're saying otherwise it wouldn't work right. But still yet I see Zenman had all four parts in his default but, why?

I would like to know more details as for preparing a custom body mesh for uploading. for instance the bottom and the top needs to be linked to a skintone otherwise they'd be using maxis default right.( that's all ok using marvine's tutorial) Also I wanna learn how to make a nude top and a nude bottom texture to go with the upload.

All this stuff must be done but, where do I find the instruction or a tutorial for preparing a custm bodyshape for upload? Many thanks everyone.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:50 PM
When creators just started they thought they needed to include the same files that a custom meshpackage contained(Cres/gmnd/gmdc and shape)
But you only need the gmdc for a meshreplacement unless you are making a more complex replacement.(including more meshgroups then the original has.)
I bet that if you delete the CRES, GMND and SHAPE files from Zenman's package it still works
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomsBase
When creators just started they thought they needed to include the same files that a custom meshpackage contained(Cres/gmnd/gmdc and shape)
But you only need the gmdc for a meshreplacement unless you are making a more complex replacement.(including more meshgroups then the original has.)
I bet that if you delete the CRES, GMND and SHAPE files from Zenman's package it still works
Hi: I got it. It must be the way you and everybody else is saying. It probably had to do with that time. My problem is that maybe you can help me since I can't seem to be able to find a tutorial on preparing a body mesh for uploading.

I know you have made lots of these type of meshes. I'm trying to figure out which steps to take in order to get a body mesh ready for uploading here. I got the mesh in three parts. Top,bottom and a whole and i made it work as default repl. But I want to have a stand alone none default version to upload here.

If I don't link the top&bottom to a maxis or any other skintone, then it will use the maxis anyway right?. I also need to know how do I make a top,bottom,undies/swimwear texture files for it like a clothing. Would you care to help me on that Blooms buddy. You're the expert on this stuff and i'm the ultimate novice trying to learn slowly. Thanks Buddy
Just effing with the CRES...
staff: super moderator
#9 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:44 AM
Some default meshes might require their GMND or CRESs added in if they are changing sneaky things like changing alpha-ability or joints. Normal mesh defaults don't need them included. Couldn't think of why a SHPE would ever need to be default replaced, that would just change what textures it links to, and since we want it to link to the normal textures that would be kinda backwards.

As for making custom bodyshapes linking to a new skintone, all I've got to help you is Marvine's tutorial. I haven't actually made any custom bodyshapes myself so I can't help you much there. As for getting it ready for uploading, we have our Creator Guidelines. If you are having trouble getting stuff accepted through moderation, try uploading pictures to our Creator Feedback forum, ask for and implement any good advice you get.

Updated: Smallhouse Models Nursery set

Currently on semi-hiatus while I start my new business.
Like my work? Help me make a difference!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 1:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaenoh
Some default meshes might require their GMND or CRESs added in if they are changing sneaky things like changing alpha-ability or joints. Normal mesh defaults don't need them included. Couldn't think of why a SHPE would ever need to be default replaced, that would just change what textures it links to, and since we want it to link to the normal textures that would be kinda backwards.

As for making custom bodyshapes linking to a new skintone, all I've got to help you is Marvine's tutorial. I haven't actually made any custom bodyshapes myself so I can't help you much there. As for getting it ready for uploading, we have our Creator Guidelines. If you are having trouble getting stuff accepted through moderation, try uploading pictures to our Creator Feedback forum, ask for and implement any good advice you get.
Hi: I understand what you're saying. My problem is a bit of technical nature. I am familiar with Marvine's tutorial and have done liknking skintones before although long ago. What I need help with is not about guidelines, rather about details and processes to get all the parts ready. The whole body mesh (both swimwear and undies mesh which i already have), top&bottom mesh ( already have), now I need to know how to create nude clothing or whatever other general help on getting it ready before uploading it. I have lots of clothes made for that bodyshape and they're awaiting to be uploaded upon completion of this bodyshape from getting it ready to upload and finally approval. Thank you phaenoh
Just effing with the CRES...
staff: super moderator
#11 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 4:59 PM
I think I remember seeing something about this in our Moderator section. Didn't you try to upload this before? I think the problem was that you didn't include all the new clothes in the same upload. When creating a new bodyshape you generally need to include a small basic set of clothes in all categories so that people can actually use the new bodyshape. I remember seeing a mesh that had wider thighs, did you go back and retexture the skin appropriately? The one image I saw briefly looked like the woman was wearing a pair of nude tights. Her skin colors didn't match and the level of detail was not the same either. These are important details to take care of - the skintone will show though underneath all your other clothes, so it needs to be stellar.

After you've got yourself a bitching awesome skintone (probably a good idea to do it in the four standard colors as well), include the nudes, a swimsuit, an athletic outfit, an outerwear, a dress, a pantsuit, and shorts at the very least. It would be a good idea to included a couple of each or at least say in your post that more are following. I hope thats what you were asking about

Updated: Smallhouse Models Nursery set

Currently on semi-hiatus while I start my new business.
Like my work? Help me make a difference!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:10 AM Last edited by telefen : 30th Nov 2011 at 3:37 AM. Reason: more info
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaenoh
I think I remember seeing something about this in our Moderator section. Didn't you try to upload this before? I think the problem was that you didn't include all the new clothes in the same upload. When creating a new bodyshape you generally need to include a small basic set of clothes in all categories so that people can actually use the new bodyshape. I remember seeing a mesh that had wider thighs, did you go back and retexture the skin appropriately? The one image I saw briefly looked like the woman was wearing a pair of nude tights. Her skin colors didn't match and the level of detail was not the same either. These are important details to take care of - the skintone will show though underneath all your other clothes, so it needs to be stellar.

After you've got yourself a bitching awesome skintone (probably a good idea to do it in the four standard colors as well), include the nudes, a swimsuit, an athletic outfit, an outerwear, a dress, a pantsuit, and shorts at the very least. It would be a good idea to included a couple of each or at least say in your post that more are following. I hope thats what you were asking about
At this point that bodyshape has changed a bit at least around the chest which has become wider to give a an impression of more balance between the huge thighs and the rest of the body. I have relooked the uv map with blue grid and even importing a skintone into milkshake and have adjusted quite a few shadows until it looked perfect especially around the breast area.

Furthermore, using the blue grid pattern, compared the uv map to a standard maxis and even some other famous artist's bodyshape and I found out there's not much difference in the way those black squares and lines are arranged really. Therefore, what appears to be a stretched skintone due to a bad uv mapping can't be the only correct conclusion. The only logical explanation I can arrive at, is that those skintones that are out there are not made for my bodyshape. My son calls her fat, I call her goddess. It's like some brazillian samba dancers,they all have one thing in common which is, huge musculous thighs. If you get a real person like that to wear some stretchable jeans that were actually meant for a smaller person, you'll notice her jeans look very stretched up on her thighs. So, if the skintone was made for normal maxis shape, and my model has at least four times bigger thighs, it's natural that the skintone would appear to be stretched and again the uv mapp looked perfect even when i compared it to some other body a bit similar with slighly smaller thighs. Inside of the thighs though can be improved a bit but in order to overall fix that stretched out look , there's two solutions. 1: to fix the shadows on the thigh area of the skintone, 2:to drastically shrink those thighs just to fit the skintone so it won't look stretched. If one takes consideration for these facts, then its another ball game.
Another thought: maybe because since this gal has got those wonderfully huge thighs she will need a more stretched up rather spread out vu mapp just in those areas that look stretched up in order to appear normal using the common skintones available. Another word her uv map can not follow same arrangmnt as other bodyshapes.

Dear Phaenoh: These are the pictures i took to show you. I ain't no expert but, I don't think it can be much better than this using conventional skintone without touching it up which is not my speciality. Here they are see what you think.

Note: The skintone I'm using is a beautifull skintone and it has minimal amount of irregularity but some acceptable pixalation and it does not show much of them in game at all ,unlike in milkshake.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 4:20 AM
Skintone,
-Always make sure to clone a Maxis skintone to start with!
-At the same time clone one of your fav skintones.
-Replace the texture of the Maxis skintone with fav ones.
If you dont follow this procedure and clone and use a existing skintone it will not be basegame compatible(people then need to have atleast one EP installed to view it)

Make new meshes for the bottom and top for those genders and ages you want to replace(fix intigrity on those)
Then link those meshes to your skintone, 3 ways of doing that(Marvine's tut/Simpe'sPJSE tool and there's one other one(hairbinningtool orso?)
Thats about it it.

Clothing,
Clone a outfit you want to use(when you want a nude make the textures blanc.)
lookup the meshfiles with PJSE tool
create a new package with them(fix intigrity)
Then link em to the recolor file you cloned earlier.
Just effing with the CRES...
staff: super moderator
#14 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 6:14 AM
Telefan, I think you should ask in Meshing about adjusting your UV map. The fact that your squares are bigger on the thighs is your problem with loosing the details in the skintone. I really hope your girl isn't fat, her thighs look like mine!

Updated: Smallhouse Models Nursery set

Currently on semi-hiatus while I start my new business.
Like my work? Help me make a difference!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 3:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaenoh
Telefan, I think you should ask in Meshing about adjusting your UV map. The fact that your squares are bigger on the thighs is your problem with loosing the details in the skintone. I really hope your girl isn't fat, her thighs look like mine!
I agree she looks perfect I think. You know, I think I rest my case. I believe what appears to be a stretched up skintone, can be blamed on three things. 1.lack of right skintone made for her dimentions, 2. Her dimentions are not made after available skintones,3:the uv mapp incorrect. In this case I spend enormous amount of time fixing that and personally I don't think one can spread those vertical lines too much cause, then the texture which is already stretched up because of her big thighs gets sacrificed .

It's a case of a person with big musculous thighs wearing a pair of small sized stretchable jeans like I mentioned cause, there was no other sizes available for her.

This doesn't make me change her as in my game she looks great and I think this whole
thing about her skintone looking stretched up, is a bit exaggerated and over focused. I've seen a lot worse. I ain't swimming no more, gonna lay under the sun and have nice
Back to top

Section jump