Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 6:44 PM
Replies: 1790 (Who?), Viewed: 135838 times.
Page 72 of 72
Test Subject
#1776 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:05 AM
I made these recently from apples we got from our neighbor who went to an orchard. They were amazing but your dentist wouldn't like it!

Image taken from the recipe site as mine are all already eaten, heh. Link to the recipe Oh and rather then regular I used brown sugar!

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇
staff: moderator
#1777 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 4:28 AM
Cheeseburger Soup. Which was yummy and very filling - AND it tasted even better today at lunch - but I think I'd add a bit more cheese and a bit less meat if/when I make it again. (Or just use ground turkey instead of hamburger.) OH! And I'd add some crumbled bacon to each serving because bacon makes everything taste better.
Theorist
#1778 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 5:12 AM
Mediterranean something-or-other... stir-fried chicken, olives, red onions, basil leaves, mint, and olive oil over bowtie pasta, and of course wine (always wine) to go with- specifically an Italian pinot grigio that I've had for a lot longer than necessary.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Now what dammit?
#1779 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 2:13 PM
Those look lovely Pillowkitty6 - ideal for when you have friends round. But too much sugar for me. Still you can cut it down. I'm not surprised you ate them all though.

Tonight: getting into autumn, roast butternut squash with goats cheese, sweetcorn and chilli plus a squash seed sauce.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Scholar
#1780 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 8:43 PM
I have chicken stock on the stove and at 4:40am no less (can't sleep). Not the prettiest thing to make since you're just boiling a carcass, but I hate to waste anything that could be used especially if it was once living. Not sure what the stock will be for just yet. Perhaps soup?

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1781 Old 18th Oct 2016 at 10:51 PM
Bubblebeam, I often use stock (vegetable) for cooking veggies or rice. If I'm sauteing, for example, at some point I might throw in a little stock. You can take stock and fill an ice cube tray, then put the cubes in a plastic bag in the freezer. It's handy for when you need a small amount of stock to add to sauteed veggies (cuts down on the amount of oil you'll use).

I made Spanikopita and it turned out incredibly sweet (and delicious). I think it's because I used sweet onions, sort of like Vidalias.

"If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are now." ~ Shifu, Kung Fu Panda 3
Test Subject
#1782 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 2:43 AM
@maxon Haha "friends" yeah sure /cough. I ate most of them myself in a few days (dry out in the fridge after awhile) and my mother had a few as well. The sweet apples went into roses and the sour ones into applesauce. Speaking of squash picked up an acorn one. Love those in butter and brown sugar in the oven.

Edit: You can always regulate or even cut out the sugar in the roses. Instead of cream cheese use some kind of jam.

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇
Scholar
#1783 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 3:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Bubblebeam, I often use stock (vegetable) for cooking veggies or rice. If I'm sauteing, for example, at some point I might throw in a little stock. You can take stock and fill an ice cube tray, then put the cubes in a plastic bag in the freezer. It's handy for when you need a small amount of stock to add to sauteed veggies (cuts down on the amount of oil you'll use).

I've been meaning to try that, but keep forgetting to buy an extra ice cube tray. For now I'm just freezing in the one big batch ready for soup.

Just had our tea. Sausage and mash with peas and gravy. You can tell we're British right?

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#1784 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 11:21 AM
We had oden today. Oden is a Japanese dish of a variety of veggies or seafood simmered in a broth--sort of a boiled dinner. It's a popular dish in Japan in the winter but I can't say I'm a huge fan...until today, when I tried a twist:

To the usual miso dip, I added some burrata. Miso + melted cheese = !!! Something awesome and hearty to dip your daikon in :D

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Theorist
#1785 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 6:28 AM
Bread. Just normal whole wheat bread, nothing fancy about it, but one of my many ill-defined and not-publicly-declared New Year's resolutions has been to try to be more eco-friendly in my culinary pursuits, and among things like buying produce from the local farmer's market, and not buying beef for my own kitchen, I also wanted to cut down on the "finished products" I bought, since that tends to be a far less eco-friendly process. (that whole "eat local" thing...) Plus, I've come to realize that since grad school involves a hell of a lot more sitting at my desk at home than undergrad did, I actually have the time for cooking things that are simple, but take a long time- plus I had a bread machine from my grandparents' estate gathering dust that I hadn't tried out, so...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#1786 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 7:54 AM
Not much...I am flat broke. My only money is a dime in the bank.

I am currently relying on whatever I can find in the pantry from prior excursions to the supermarket.

But in contemplation, I have plans to make fancy popcorn: different popcorn variants, oils and seasonings, chocolate and caramel drizzled over the popcorn.

It's 1:53AM where I am in the time rug of New Jersey. I have a dime in the bank. I have no time to dream about decadent snacks.

Avatar: Jingjing the Black Ring Panda from Beijing 2008 Olympics.

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is hanging in space over Lake Michigan."
Ralphie as an adult, A Christmas Story
#1787 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:33 AM
Absolutely nothing because I was the only one home - and the boys knew I was wanting to make spaghetti today! Grrrr.

Yeah, I could've made the spaghetti anyway but I really don't like cooking for just one person (me, lol) AND I really hate when people come in late at night and mess up the kitchen and dirty a bunch of dishes. So. I nuked me a TV dinner. (And they got to rustle up whatever they could find when they got home, which wasn't much. Serves 'em right!)

P.S. Before anyone points out that the boys still had to mess up the kitchen, etc., etc., anyway. No they didn't. Sandwiches aren't all that messy. (And it still serves 'em, right, I really wanted spaghetti, salad and garlic bread!)
Theorist
#1788 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 8:18 PM
Honey roasted gammon and BBQ potato wedges

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#1789 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 8:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 4th Feb 2017 at 9:58 PM.
Finally got my equipment and ingredients to make gummy bears and flavored popcorn.

I had to wash the equipment and it's drying. Since I am using a mix of Jell-O, Jolly Rancher and Knox brands to produce the bears, it's going to be an involved project.

Update 2/4/2017
I have made my first batch and I am disappointed that the texture wasn't gold bear consistency. Still, I don't mind the bears having some give.

Avatar: Jingjing the Black Ring Panda from Beijing 2008 Olympics.

"In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is hanging in space over Lake Michigan."
Ralphie as an adult, A Christmas Story
dodgy builder
#1790 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 7:28 AM
I have made a my own cheese pizza of a native very mild cheese, parmesan and mild gorgonzola, on top of a mix of tomatopure, onion, sugar and spices. Sometimes I use regular tomatoes as well. It's very good.
Mad Poster
#1791 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 9:48 AM
Actually made this at work the other day

Deep Fried Salt and Pepper Calamari, with a side of Chips and Salad

One of the first meals I've cooked since I started my Apprenticeship

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 72 of 72