Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 998 (Who?), Viewed: 93194 times.
Page 40 of 40
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#976 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Guy
I made chicken chow mein and use the flake canned chicken to add to my chow mein noodles, I've been adding HP sauce to my chicken chow mein lately.
What's HP sauce?

@Gabrymato: Wouldn't it be fun if we could all get together and share a home cooked meal?

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Field Researcher
#977 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What's HP sauce?

@Gabrymato: Wouldn't it be fun if we could all get together and share a home cooked meal?

I may not be Gabrymato, but a Simmer potluck would be an excellent idea.

I'm bringing my mac and cheese casseroles, but don't be surprised if one of them is eaten entirely by myself.

Scion of the Rainbow Heart, firstborn of the King of the Mirthful Heart, I am PANDAQUEEN.
I <3 Dana Carvey, Alice Cooper and Axl Rose.
Field Researcher
#978 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What's HP sauce?

It's good on steak and eggs and has been around possible since the second world War

Field Researcher
#979 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 2:46 PM
We totally should hahah! I'll bring the wine so I won't feel intimidated and sad if my recipes suck compared to yours

Or I could bring the ingredients to make some fresh bruschette right on site.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#980 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Guy
It's good on steak and eggs and has been around possible since the second world War

Oh much longer than that - the current version was first sold in 1903 (according to Heinz):
http://www.heinz.co.uk/Products/HP-Sauce/Our-Story
though the actual recipe predates that by about 10 years.

Also, personally, I can't stand it but it's like Marmite, if you're British you either love it or hate it (don't like Marmite either).

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#981 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:34 PM
Love these local sauces! I have mixed feelings about marmite. I wonder if I'd like the HP sauce? Is it anything like Worcester sauce? My boyfriend picked up some banana sauce that comes from the Phillipines. Apparently, they didn't have tomatoes there, so they made a ketchup of sorts out of bananas with red food coloring.

Wikipediea article here.
It's tasty, although nothing like ketchup.

Gabrymato, you are such a fantastic cook and you only want to bring wine? I shouldn't complain because I love wine, but.... ok - yes to bruschetta. It would be fun to cook together and I like that dish, too.

I'll bring jambalaya made with shrimp and veggie sausage.

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Mad Poster
#982 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:51 PM
Not too like Worcester Sauce but it is spicey. Spicey and fruity and too sweet for me.

LOL - I like how the banana ketchup is red. Can't be ketchup if it's not red.

staff: moderator
#983 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 9:17 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 1st Dec 2014 at 4:09 AM.
Meatloaf tonight. It's been ages since I made meatloaf. This also means that I can have a meatloaf sandwich for lunch tomorrow- or as a midnight snack tonight. *wiggles eyebrows* Ohhhhh, and this also means that I get to use my new meatloaf pan. I bought that thing over a month ago and it's just been sitting there making me feel guilty. No more guilt! (Why a meatloaf pan? Because it's got a rack you can lift out of it- which means I can drain the grease off easier. Not that there'll be much of that to begin with thanks to the kind of ground beef I use.. but I really can't stand greasy meat in any shape or form. So. Meatloaf pan on sale for 50% off? Yes please. )

edit: The meatloaf was yummy, even if I don't get how the peppers and onions were still kind of crunchy after all that time cooking. Oh well, it was still yummy. The only "problem" is that I mixed up way too much of it and had to use a small pie plate to make a smaller one. Looks like I need to adjust my recipe since the new pan is smaller than what I used to use. (It doesn't look smaller though!)

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Forum Resident
#984 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 6:51 PM
Pancakes. Nothing whatsoever special about them by most people's standards (the most interesting thing is the addition of chocolate chips and sesame seeds- pretty much the definition of boring), but like most people, I will challenge you to a duel to the death if you say that your mother makes the best pancakes, and not mine (other people do that, right?). Today was the first time I feel like my pancakes actually compare to hers... I consider this a major accomplishment.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
Instructor
#985 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:02 PM

No regrets. Easiest dinner ever.

This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.
Field Researcher
#986 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:05 PM
I've made beef casserole - thank you Coleman's Beef Casserole Mix! All you have to do is add mushrooms, carrots, onion and beef cut into cubes to the bag, add water, two spoons of oil and provided seasoning, mix it all together and put in the oven for 1h45m. it is seriously tasty! We will eat it with rice and salad (cucumber, tomatoes and natural yogurt).

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Mad Poster
#987 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 5:21 PM
Parsnip soup for lunch. Just sayin'

Beautiful Dinosaur
#988 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 7:48 PM
Homemade beef & mushroom pie with mash and roasted carrots. Pie made by hubby, mash and carrots by me

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Field Researcher
#989 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:00 PM
Freshly baked banana bread and homemade rotisserie chicken & rice soup for dinner tonight. YUM!

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
#990 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:43 PM
No offense, Zarathustra. But:
/me moves in with Sugah

I'm pretty much a fan of chicken and I love homemade soups so.. *waits for a bowl of soup*. (Ohhhhhh, and banana bread too? That's pretty much the only way I like bananas.) That said - spaghetti for supper tonight. I need something easy to make that will fill the boys' bellies. (This stupid weather has got my joints screaming at me every.single.day. Ouch. So anything that's easy to make is what's for supper.)

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Forum Resident
#991 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 2:43 AM
MLC, I feel so betrayed! I guess I'll go cry into my herb-and-butter stuffed Cornish hen with a side of baked sweet potato and accompanying garden salad, and then drown my sorrows with an Irish Coffee and spice cake later on...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
Mad Poster
#992 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 4:00 AM
oooh - foodfight!

Field Researcher
#993 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 8:32 AM
Homemade icecream this weekend. Evaporated milk plus baker's chocolate, frozen and mashed up again later.

Avatar model: Prudence Norimi Arnold
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Where it all began.
I proofread stuff.
Field Researcher
#994 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:33 PM
Waiting for my boiled eggs to cool as I am just going to make some egg salad & then sammich time :-) Oh yeah, with a glass of soy milk

Kindnesses from our heart goes much farther than we shall ever know :-)

The best things in life are all the little things
Mad Poster
#995 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 9:54 PM
I think tomorrow will be the first of the Xmas stollen season. I need to take one into work and I think it must be Friday.

#996 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
MLC, I feel so betrayed! I guess I'll go cry into my herb-and-butter stuffed Cornish hen with a side of baked sweet potato and accompanying garden salad, and then drown my sorrows with an Irish Coffee and spice cake later on...

Joint custody? I'm willing if both of you are!

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Field Researcher
#997 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
/me moves in with Sugah

I'm pretty much a fan of chicken and I love homemade soups so.. *waits for a bowl of soup*. (Ohhhhhh, and banana bread too? That's pretty much the only way I like bananas.)

How lovely to find you here, MLC, and you will be happy to know there is plenty of soup and banana bread leftover for you!
I shall prepare a special place @ our table, my dear.

This evening, I am preparing a spinach salad and filet au poivre with rice pilaf.
I'm serving it with one of our new favorite merlots (Radius).

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
#998 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 2:03 AM
*hugs Sugah*
Not too fond of the peppercorn/beef combo but I do like spinach and rice/rice pilaf. (To be honest, I'm not too fond of peppercorns coating ANY type of meat. *sigh* Picky, picky, picky am I.)

We had tacos. I'm still on the "if it's easy to cook, that's what I'm cooking" kick. Tonight it was because I was running around and got home a bit later than intended. They were good though, and I've got just enough taco meat to make me a taco salad for lunch tomorrow! Since we still need to decorate for Christmas I think I'll boil a chicken for soup tomorrow. Perfect idea actually- it can simmer away while I'm working on the tree.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Alchemist
#999 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 3:09 AM Last edited by grammapat : 12th Dec 2014 at 2:23 AM.
Chipped beef on an English muffin for evening snack just now - which my fat butt didn't need but my mouth was crying for. Supposed to be the biggest storm in 5 years tonight, in celebration made blueberry muffins. Have a brick of cheddar need to do something with - besides just microwaving it into crunchy, greasy goodness.

And tonight it's Frosted flakes and dried cranberries. Boy, do I know how to whip up a culinary delight!

ignorance is not stupididity
Page 40 of 40

Section jump