Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1765 (Who?), Viewed: 125019 times.
Page 1 of 71
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:36 PM
Default Whatcha Got Cookin'?
Anybody making anything good? Please share!

I've got frozen shrimp and okra in the freezer and am thinking of making up some kind of a sautee or curry with tomatoes and spices, but I haven't figured it all out yet.

I also made some home fries out of potatoes, olive oil, onions, and paprika. I supposed they could go in with the shrimp and okra. I accidentally discovered that the home fries are amazing with just a little bit of Irish Mist mixed in.

"If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are now." ~ Shifu, Kung Fu Panda 3

Join us at SIMplicity at the zetaboards. We talk about fun stuff like baby goats. (Google it to find us)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 8:49 PM
All about Gnoccchi

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:07 PM
Do you make them with potato? I've seen recipes without them.

"If you only do what you can do, you'll never be better than what you are now." ~ Shifu, Kung Fu Panda 3

Join us at SIMplicity at the zetaboards. We talk about fun stuff like baby goats. (Google it to find us)
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:25 PM
Taco night, mufuckers.

I've got some tilapia marinating in lime/chilli stuff and I'm going to put fresh red cabbage & sour cream/garlic/cilantro sauce in 'em. Homemade tortillas too- aw yeah.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Inventor
#5 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 9:29 PM Last edited by GigaRevival : 15th Jan 2012 at 9:30 PM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
I'm making Ramen tonight. : /

Tomorrow I'm making pumpkin ravioli with my family's special red Italian sauce. Don't ask what's in the sauce (or what it even is) because I have no friggin' idea. We get it shipped to us from my aunt who refuses to share the recipe. Double : /

"Goonies never say die."
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 12:18 AM
My mom made spaghetti.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 12:22 AM
I made roast pork today. I took like forever.

View my other downloads on MTS

www.mintrubbing.org
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 1:46 AM
Stuffed salmon fillets w/ a lobster/crab-meat stuffing; edemame, blackbeans and peas w/a vinagrette sauce over brown rice; and a chocolate/mandarin orange bowl cake.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 3:22 AM
I think I'mma just get a turkey sandwich for dinner. And for dessert, I'll have some Skittles.

Amr Diab: Insha'allah aeesh hayati
Allah: la mish mumkin
Inventor
#10 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 4:43 AM
Like HarVee, I just ate a sammich (only roast beef instead of turkey), but there is some stuff I'm planning on making tomorrow or over the next couple of days, or have recently made.

Mashed Butternut squash--bake in the oven face-down and covered with cinnamon until tender, add a dash of milk and a bit more cinnamon, beat until smooth. Has a texture similar to mashed potatoes but tastes like some kind of pie filling--very yummy.

Veggie Scramble--broccoli, carrots, corn, peas, and a bit of cheese all cooked in with scrambled eggs.

Also, does it help that the sammich in question was roast beef and Colby cheese with horseradish sauce served on a roll and with a glass of cranberry-pomegranate juice?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:53 AM
anothereyjana - Thanks for including the recipe for the mashed butternut squash - I've never tried it sweet that way. I'll have to give that a go sometime. I love butternut. I usually just cook it up and mash it plain or with a bit of garlic, then put the mashed butternut on a whole wheat tortilla, put some cooked black beans on top, salsa, and Monterrey jack cheese and microwave it until the cheese melts. The sweetness of the squash offsets the beans and salsa nicely.

kattenijin - Could you share how you make chocolate/Mandarin orange cake?

Scholar
#12 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 6:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
anothereyjana - kattenijin - Could you share how you make chocolate/Mandarin orange cake?

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/c...-cake-recipe/1/

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 7:16 AM
Thanks for sharing! I'll share a similar type thing back that my son recommended: http://www.supercoolfoodblog.com/20...e-mug-cake.html

I haven't tried it yet, but find it interesting that it uses wine vinegar. He feels that it needs something to make it richer. I suggested butter and cream, but it wouldn't be vegan anymore.

Theorist
#14 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 8:51 AM
I don't have much groceries/ food ingredients stored at home, so I usually cook some grilled cheese or instant noodles if I don't eat out
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 11:57 AM
You sound like a typical college student

A variation on grilled cheese is cheese melted into a tortilla wrap with a little salsa inside - delicious!

Scholar
#16 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 2:59 PM
I had oatmeal this morning. Probably for lunch I will have a nutella and banana smoothie.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:29 PM
mmmm - some of this sounds lovely. I do like butternut squashes. Last night was chasseur (I do a veggie adaptation), roast potatoes, peas and a quorn thingy - Him Indoors had chicken instead. We're trying to clear the freezer so we can defrost it. Then poached pears with creme fraiche (yum). Tonight, it's even easier: pasta with a tomato sauce (anchovies, garlic, chilli - fish for him, roasted goats cheese for me). We always have easy meals during the week. Sundays are my cooking days though this Sunday was an easy meal.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd edition of neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polgannon Extra Families available: this post and scroll down a little

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 5:51 PM
Frankokomando - oatmeal is one of my favorites. I've never heard of adding nutella to a smoothie. I know a couple of teenagers that just might go for that. I'm waiting for some strawberries to thaw now for a smoothie.

Maxon - that sounds wonderful! I would love to dine with you.

I just came back from the grocery and stocked up on the veggies that were about to go over (and cost less). Oddly out of season, but still appreciated, I have the makings of ratatouille. Using Julia Child's classic recipe as the guide, I've sliced and salted the eggplant and zucchini and will start frying them soon.

Scholar
#19 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Frankokomando - oatmeal is one of my favorites. I've never heard of adding nutella to a smoothie. I know a couple of teenagers that just might go for that. I'm waiting for some strawberries to thaw now for a smoothie.

Oatmeal is great on a cold morning. I add cinnamon to it and it's really good. The recipe I have for the smoothie, it's suppose to be peanut butter instead of nutella, but since I can't stand peanut butter nutella is a good substitute. It makes the smoothie taste more chocolatey, but it's still kind of healthy for you. :D
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 2:00 AM
Yep w/ potatoes.

All about Kraft Mac and Cheese

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 2:18 AM
Out and about with Haggis, and making sushi. And stuffing them into the haggis with lettuce. And putting sour cream onto the lettuce. That's making my teeth itch.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:37 AM
Haggis, as in sheeps' liver stuffed into an animal's stomach?

Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 3:41 AM Last edited by KKiryu007Joker : 17th Jan 2012 at 4:24 AM. Reason: I don't make it that much.....
Quote:
Haggis, as in sheeps' liver stuffed into an animal's stomach?

'Ju got it man! I know how to make that, but I never do, I like salad better, and pasta. Scottish people play ball with Haggis, they eat with haggis, and they talk about them, and they also write funny stories about them, and make chicken haggis and hamburger haggis! Yeah they do all that....

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 1:58 AM
I just made myself some bruschetta for lunch, with fresh tomatoes and basil from our garden and the tastiest artisan sourdough you'll ever find, bought at a local bakery. There's nothing like top quality ingredients to improve upon a simple dish.
Scholar
#25 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 2:06 AM
I had a milkyway candy bar for dinner. Very nutritious.
Page 1 of 71