Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1216 (Who?), Viewed: 102002 times.
Page 49 of 49
Top Secret Researcher
#1201 Old 9th May 2015 at 7:38 AM
Currently enjoying a very pleasant Merlot. For dinner I prepared steak, Pommes Dauphinoise and a handful of green beans. Tomorrow I am planning slow braised lamb shanks, roast pumpkin and very possibly buttery, creamy mashed spud My mother in law is bringing what she calls apple crumble, I call it hell in a baking tray though ... the crumble is tooo fine and has no flavour ... and she adds nothing to the apples, not a spot of sugar or a pinch of cinnamon ... and what is worse, I am going to have to eat it and declare it lovely ....

pity me.

My Sims 3 and Sims 4 builds
A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait.
Instructor
#1202 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:19 PM
Someone opened an American style bakery on my street. It sells cupcakes, cheesecake and stuff like that. So me and my bf decided to have breakfast there this morning. I had a slice of chocolate-caramel cake that was the thickest cake I've ever eaten, and a cup of american coffee with milk. I'm assuming the super-thick layer of creamy stuff on the cake was actual plain butter, because it's 3 PM, I've worked all morning and I'm the furthest from hungry I've ever been. Excessive :D

So yeah, I'm eating an apple just to clean out the poor arteries.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#1203 Old 10th May 2015 at 1:33 PM
I've just come in here to say we've just stuffed ourselves with Thai Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup for our lunch. I love making it and it's delicious. d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. The fresh shredded ginger, the 8 cloves of garlic (roasted along with the squash and sweet potato), the spices. Did I mention delicious?

Ah.

For dinner we're having ratatouille (completely different) with the UK twist of being accompanied by Jersey Royals (Him Indoors will have a bit of chicken as well and I'll have a quorn thing). Jersey Royals - heaven (especially with purple sprouting though I'm out of it atm). A good day chez maxon.

Polgannon Project - Hoo boy, nearly there.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#1204 Old 10th May 2015 at 6:53 PM
Tonight is slow roasted spicy pork belly... My hubby just asked what I'm going to have with it and I realised I hadn't planned that far ahead.. No veg in the house other than frozen peas which won't quite go. Ooh I have lettuce and cucumber so I guess it'll be salad with it

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Scholar
#1205 Old 12th May 2015 at 3:59 AM
Slow-cooked pinto and kidney beans, cooked with bacon, red onion, bell peppers, diced tomatoes, rye whiskey, honey, and Tabasco sauce, and simmered in my homemade barbecue sauce.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1206 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I've just come in here to say we've just stuffed ourselves with Thai Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup for our lunch. I love making it and it's delicious. d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. The fresh shredded ginger, the 8 cloves of garlic (roasted along with the squash and sweet potato), the spices. Did I mention delicious?

Ah.

For dinner we're having ratatouille (completely different) with the UK twist of being accompanied by Jersey Royals (Him Indoors will have a bit of chicken as well and I'll have a quorn thing). Jersey Royals - heaven (especially with purple sprouting though I'm out of it atm). A good day chez maxon.
Oh my goodness, your dinner sounds so delicious! I love the flavor of slow roasted veggies. What are Jersey Royals?

Oh: Among Boov, I do not fit in.
Mad Poster
#1207 Old 12th May 2015 at 7:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
What are Jersey Royals?

Potatoes - you can only get them here I think - the best potatoes in the world.

Polgannon Project - Hoo boy, nearly there.
Alchemist
#1208 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:08 PM
Made gratinated potatoes for dinner today. That's got to be some of the best potatoes I've ever tasted!
staff: moderator
#1209 Old 17th May 2015 at 11:52 PM
Totchos. Imagine, if you will, tater tots with taco meat and melted cheese on top. Slap a huge mess of it on a plate and top with your usual taco toppings. Surprisingly good, although I shouldn't be surprised. I like loaded baked potatoes, I like chili cheese potatoes, I like tacos: this is kind of like all 3 rolled up into 1 messy plate of potatoey-cheesy goodness.

(I have a Pilsbury calendar and this was this month's recipe.)

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1210 Old 18th May 2015 at 2:00 AM
My boyfriend made vegan french toast this morning. It was delicious. He used pureed banana and almond milk for the batter and it worked beautifully.

Oh: Among Boov, I do not fit in.
Top Secret Researcher
#1211 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:08 AM
oooh last night I did baked salmon with a whole baked sweet potato and some Japanese coleslaw ... It was yummy. Now I am wondering if sweet potato and salmon fish cakes could be a thing .... it'd work ya know

Tonight is slow roasted beef, but not decided yet what to do with it, but the beef smells lovely at the moment. It drowns out the smell of paint in my house at the moment.

My Sims 3 and Sims 4 builds
A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait.
staff: moderator
#1212 Old 20th May 2015 at 6:18 AM
It'd been forever and a day since I baked a whole chicken, so that's what we had tonight. (I usually get rotisserie chickens from the deli since they cost about the same as a fresh chicken - for the same size even- and are already cooked.) Since I love chicken, I have to say it was good.. and the whole house smelled wonderful while it was cooking.. but

DAMMIT! Now I want roast beef. I've actually wanted it for a long time now but can't justify the cost since I can get meat for 2 meals for the same price. But.. grrrrr... thanks fairycake89!! I rarely want beef but when I do I really want it and can eat an amazing amount of it at one meal. Grocery ads come out tomorrow, I can hope for a sale right? *crosses fingers*

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Instructor
#1213 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
(I usually get rotisserie chickens from the deli since they cost about the same as a fresh chicken - for the same size even- and are already cooked.)

Same! At the deli section of the grocery store I go to they always have whole chickens for a fraction of the price you would pay for a fresh raw one. Like 4 for a regular chicken or about 5-6 for an "organic" free-range chicken that I like to think had a happier life, and it's usually what I go for. Sure they're a little dry for spinning in those huge ovens the whole day, but it's well worth the money. :D

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#1214 Old 20th May 2015 at 8:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
My boyfriend made vegan french toast this morning. It was delicious. He used pureed banana and almond milk for the batter and it worked beautifully.

I've been going nutz trying to figure out what to use for vegan french toast, thank you for posting this!
Instructor
#1215 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:39 AM
Made meat soup with carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes. Now it looks like something out of the middle ages.
Instructor
#1216 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:38 AM
Made paella last night!
I had a gruesome experience while making it. I wanted to put both seafood and meat in it, so I got some turkey, shrimp and squids. The squids were already cut (on the part where their bone is) so I thought "good, they're already cleaned I just need to cut them up". then I cut the part that connects the tentacles with the head and INK and BLOOD squirted everywhere and its EYES ROLLED OUT. THE THING STILL HAD ITS EYES IN AND I SWEAR THEY WERE AS BIG AS M&M's.

Beautiful Dinosaur
#1217 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:40 PM
Aaw Gabrymato that is nasty!! I always get the fishmonger to prepare squid for me so all I have to do is cut it into the rings

Tonight we are having lemon sole fillets in herbed breadcrumbs with steamed broccoli and lazy oven chips. I love breadcrumbing things - fish, meat, chicken, veg... mmmm crunchy coating!

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Page 49 of 49

Section jump