Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1241 (Who?), Viewed: 102817 times.
Page 50 of 50
Scholar
#1226 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 6:44 AM
Vanilla muffins with raspberries and chocolate chips, dusted with sugar, to take in to a potluck-going-away-party-morning-briefing at work tomorrow (if I don't eat all of them first! They turned out way better than I'd expected!)

Also, drinking it, not cooking, but... mmm... Scotch...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1227 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 5:14 PM
Chickpea salad - not really cooking, just tossing together with olive oil & vinegar, pepper, and chopped sweet pepper.

Also, roasting up some asparagus with olive oil. The house smells heavenly.

"You have the heart of a chief and the soul of a dragon"
Test Subject
#1228 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 2:45 PM
@Zarathustra: Are those types of muffins pretty good? I don't usually like muffins, but I love vanilla and raspberry! Scotch = 10/10, would drink again.

@VerDeTerre: I have always wanted to try Chickpea salad, but I have never gotten around to making it. I'll have to throw that all together tomorrow night!

I would like to make some hanami dango again tonight. I made some the other night. My husband LOVED them and we both tried them chocolate sauce. *q*
I am, like, drooling over the thought. I love the way the Hershey's Chocolate Syrup tastes with the dango. This time I will remember to add lots of sugar, because I forgot last time!
Scholar
#1229 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegradedGerm
@Zarathustra: Are those types of muffins pretty good? I don't usually like muffins, but I love vanilla and raspberry! Scotch = 10/10, would drink again.

Delicious! Sadly, my coworkers thought so too, which meant I didn't get to eat as many as I'd wanted!
Recipe (if we're calling my heavily altered version of a recipe for something else a "recipe") was pretty simple too- 400-degree oven, 2 cups bisquick(or similar), 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup milk, 2tbsp canola oil, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg, all stirred together, then poured into little tiny muffin cups, and one raspberry pressed into the center, then baked for 10-12 minutes.

Mad Poster
#1230 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 9:13 PM
Aha - tonight I made Chicken Fricassee - well for me I made Quorn Pork Steak Fricassee but whatever - for Him Indoors Chicken Fricassee! The lucky blighter. Not made it before. It was lovely. Fresh parsley and tarragon. Then I made a nice low sugar strawberry tart to use up some strawberries I bought. Had that with creme fraiche. Along with doing some marking and overtaking my work goal for this week (less to do next week) and stomping all over Dragon Age Inquidsition MP, it's been a good day.

Polgannon Project - blimey, now in beta. (Post 249)
Top Secret Researcher
#1231 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 1:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Delicious! Sadly, my coworkers thought so too, which meant I didn't get to eat as many as I'd wanted!
Recipe (if we're calling my heavily altered version of a recipe for something else a "recipe") was pretty simple too- 400-degree oven, 2 cups bisquick(or similar), 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup milk, 2tbsp canola oil, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg, all stirred together, then poured into little tiny muffin cups, and one raspberry pressed into the center, then baked for 10-12 minutes.

In my land we do not have bisquick, but I found a recipe for home-made Bisquick I wonder if you'd think that this would suffice for your recipe?

The Elf formerly known as fairycake89.
"A hundred years is a mere blink in a life of an Elf. I'm patient. I can wait."
"I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm."
Scholar
#1232 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thranduil Oropherion
In my land we do not have bisquick, but I found a recipe for home-made Bisquick I wonder if you'd think that this would suffice for your recipe?

Without having made that mix myself, I can't say for certain, but it certainly looks like it would work!

Mad Poster
#1233 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:36 AM
I didn't really make it, but I helped make it at work (I work in a kitchen)

Turkey Bread, Camembert Bites and a Kinross Burger

Prisonercellblockhworld
Formerly daniandan
Call me Gaff
My 3DS Friend Code: 0834-0637-4136
staff: moderator
#1234 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:37 AM
You didn't ask me directly but you can have my opinion anyway. That mix would probably work but I'm wondering about the shortening. Bisquick doesn't have the shortening in it, oil is used instead and it's a really dry mix. The homemade mix would be "wetter". I don't know if that would affect the final muffins in any way. I'm sure they'd be really moist though. (You might want to watch out for over browning when baking too.) If there's any kind of dry biscuit mix available in your stores, those should work just as well as the Bisquick.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Top Secret Researcher
#1235 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
You didn't ask me directly but you can have my opinion anyway. That mix would probably work but I'm wondering about the shortening. Bisquick doesn't have the shortening in it, oil is used instead and it's a really dry mix. The homemade mix would be "wetter". I don't know if that would affect the final muffins in any way. I'm sure they'd be really moist though. (You might want to watch out for over browning when baking too.) If there's any kind of dry biscuit mix available in your stores, those should work just as well as the Bisquick.

You make a valid point! I'll check my cake/pancake/biscuit mix aisle at the grocers this week - as those muffins sounded divine

"I can see you know nothing of wizards. They are like winter thunder on a wild wind rolling in from a distance, breaking hard in alarm. But sometimes a storm is just a storm."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1236 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:57 AM
Those muffins would work with white chocolate chips....

Scholar
#1237 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Those muffins would work with white chocolate chips....

That was actually one of the changes I'd made to the recipe I started from- I didn't have any white chocolate, and I tend to like milk and dark chocolates better anyways! It'd definitely work though! Also... why are my muffins getting so much attention?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1238 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:06 AM
Because they sounded amazing! Who doesn't love a muffin?

Top Secret Researcher
#1239 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
why are my muffins getting so much attention?

Ah, that's a classic one-liner I haven't heard a female utter in several thousand years ....

Scholar
#1240 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:15 AM
Learning to make onigiri (rice balls) with a twist. When I started, they'd be colored with food coloring, then I used furikake, a series of seasonings with fish flakes, nori flakes, sesame seed, dehydrated egg or fruit, spice and salt in the ingredients.

http://sailormoonfanclub.freeforums.net/ (My Sailor Moon Forum)
Free Talk now open!
staff: moderator
#1241 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:16 AM
The store that used to sell them went out of business and I can't remember the exact name of the flavor.. but I used to get these jumbo muffins that had to do with mocha and cappucino and there was some kind of chips in them (maybe that's where the mocha came in?).. they were absolute heaven. That same store sold a potato salad made with 3 or 4 kinds of potatoes and there was chunks of cheese in it. More absolute heaven.

I've never been able to find anything like them in any other store.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Scholar
#1242 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Ah, that's a classic one-liner I haven't heard a female utter in several thousand years ....

The joys of a well-crafted double entendre!

Page 50 of 50

Section jump