Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1720 (Who?), Viewed: 118881 times.
Page 69 of 69
Top Secret Researcher
#1701 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 4:25 PM
Later today I'm hoping to make chorizo and chickpea couscous, provided the fiance cleans the kitchen first.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#1702 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:31 AM
The other day we did home-made ravioli. What a hassle, even with a pasta machine!
Immediately afterwards, I finally gave in and ordered one of those ravioli trays/molds that let you make a bunch at a time rather than folding each one *lovingly* (read: muttering curses) by hand. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'd better gear up for a test run...

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Booby-Breasted Sycophant
#1703 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:45 PM
Tortellini in a pesto sauce from basil, oregano, olive oil, garlic sauce, and an extra gazillion pine nuts (than what's called for in a rational person's recipe). Sprinkled heavily with grated parmesan.

I bought the tortellini ready-made, but I made the pesto myself. For wine, I had hot chocolate.

I'm now on my third hot chocolate.

In New Zealand, Kelvin is sometimes spelled O-I-S-I-N.
Mad Poster
#1704 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:40 PM
Homemade pesto is simply the best. I always tell friends, the first time you make your own pesto is the last time you buy it.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd edition of neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polgannon Extra Families available: this post and scroll down a little

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Booby-Breasted Sycophant
#1705 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 10:48 PM
Absolutely. I've been known to eat a half a cup's worth with a spoon...fergit the pasta.

In New Zealand, Kelvin is sometimes spelled O-I-S-I-N.
Scholar
#1706 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 11:10 PM
Szechwan eggplant with tofu and a vegetable spring roll - leftovers from last night's dinner out with my husband at a local Asian fusion restaurant.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
#1707 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 4:52 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 17th Jan 2016 at 5:12 AM.
First time cooking pancake and it failed miserably. Half-burnt pancake on one side and the other side had rough, uneven texture. The inside of pancake was raw dough.

Action-Adventure Sims 3 Novel The Other Side Of The World << [Chapter 11] The Truth
Mad Poster
#1708 Old 17th Jan 2016 at 2:13 PM
I've just made Puy lentil soup for lunch and there's a loaf in the oven.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd edition of neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polgannon Extra Families available: this post and scroll down a little

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Forum Resident
#1709 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:54 PM
Preparing to make homemade chicken nuggets and onion blooms for tomorrow's lunch.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Top Secret Researcher
#1710 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 1:57 AM
Salmon with chili powder and cracked red pepper, topped with a kiwi/pineapple/mango/onion/lime salsa, and paired with garlic salt and olive oil potato wedges, and blended margaritas to drink.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#1711 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 4:42 AM
Mushroom curry, red lentils with cabbage and rice. Mint tea to wash it down. Quite tasty for a cold day!
Forum Resident
#1712 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 5:10 AM
Homemade french fries with store-bought burgers, the fries turned out better than the blooming onion yesterday.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1713 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 11:58 AM
Did you deep fry them or oven bake them? I rather enjoy "oven fries" and like to make them with a mix of sweet potatoes and yellow potatoes, sprinkled with paprika or even chili powder for a little kick.
Forum Resident
#1714 Old 20th Jan 2016 at 1:51 PM
Deep fried. I boiled them in salt water, then fried them after sprinkling pepper.

Lab Assistant
#1715 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:12 AM
Ok I admit I don't technically have it cooking *now* but the duck is ordered and on its way to my place for my next attempt at home-made ravioli!

Duck dishes used to be a staple in our cooking until we moved to a place where it's hard to find quality duck parts at reasonable prices. This time, we're trying an online store that a family friend recommended.

my EA forums page
Top Secret Researcher
#1716 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 3:32 AM
Teriyaki and sweet chili glazed salmon, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions, served on white rice alongside stir-fried onion, bell pepper, carrots, pineapple, and water chestnuts, and a cabbage and mandarin orange slaw alongside.

Lab Assistant
#1717 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 2:13 AM
We made the duck ravioli! Much, much easier with the ravioli mold, though I still covet a bigger kitchen so we could spread out our assembly line.

For the filling, we combined ground duck + spinach + herbs + mushrooms + cheese + leftovers from a restaurant (polenta, meat).
For the sauce, we did a simple butter + chicken stock + soy sauce + herbs.

Pro tip: NEVER stack the pre-cooked ravioli or let the ravioli touch each other.

my EA forums page
Top Secret Researcher
#1718 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 4:07 AM
Garlic-breaded pork chop, served over whole-wheat fettuccine with mozzarella and Cabernet-marinara sauce (basically Chicken Parmesan with pork instead of chicken), chopped Italian salad, and a glass of the same Cabernet that went into the marinara alongside.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1719 Old Yesterday at 5:37 PM
Vegetarian split pea soup and roasted spaghetti squash (made with olive oil). Also, there will be a mixed green salad. I have some fish that I'm also thinking of sauteeing and then sort of "half-poaching" with wine. Not sure when all of this will get eaten or if it will even go in the same meal, but it's the weekend and if I'm going to cook, this is when I'll do it.
Top Secret Researcher
#1720 Old Yesterday at 6:26 PM
Swedish pancakes (crepes, essentially), which I personally love to overload with fillings, so they had strawberries, cottage cheese, honey, sour cream, maple syrup, and whipped cream. And, as sweet as that ends up being, it's one of the few breakfast dishes that I actually like coffee with, so it gave me a good reason to learn how to use the french press coffee maker I got a while back. Delicious!

Forum Resident
#1721 Old Today at 3:52 AM
Barbecued things like sausages, hamburgers, and fishballs. Just started the fire for that.

Page 69 of 69