Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1764 (Who?), Viewed: 124150 times.
Page 71 of 71
Mad Poster
#1751 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 12:43 AM
At the weekend I made leek and taleggio pie - talking of pie crusts. 'Twas v. nice. V. nice indeed.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd edition of neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polgannon Extra Families available: this post and scroll down a little

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Mad Poster
#1752 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:53 PM.
Breakfast: banana and oat pancakes, with eggs, heavy cream, almond flour, cinnamon, cardamom, lemon, and probably some other ingredients I can't remember. YUMMY! They were a bit difficult to turn, but once I got the hang of it (after 3-4 ruined pancakes), they turned out good.

Dinner: Had half a pack of tomato soup base (the dried kind with macaroni), added some heavy cream, 3/4 box of chopped tomatoes, some extra spaghetti (didn't have macaroni) and some spices. Yummy! Would probably have worked even better with some meat.

and dessert: Strawberry ice cream with strawberries, and strawberry sauce (and a little bit of chocolate sauce), just because I can!
Instructor
#1753 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 7:31 AM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 24th Apr 2016 at 11:00 PM.
I'm in the process of making yaksik. Hope it turns out good.
Edit: It was pretty good
Top Secret Researcher
#1754 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 9:52 AM
Earlier today I made ANZAC biscuits. They are so easy to make and should be foolproof but this time they didn't work... just a big fat floury fail.

And last night I made a chicken, cabbage and speck thing that also turned out to be unsatisfying. I seem to have lost my cooking mojo.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Mad Poster
#1755 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:43 PM
Pizza tonight!

(3rd edition of neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Theorist
#1756 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:48 PM
I'd kill to be cooking something right now. All my time is spent either revising at home or being in the library typing up my notes to revise from (my laptop broke and J can't really type notes on my phone/tablet) so I've been living off ready-made food and sandwiches. I have to admit though, Tesco's meal for 2 with 2 different types of curry is pretty decent for £5. The 2 curries have different levels of spice so it's spicy curry for me, and not really spicy curry (Korma I think?) for the Fiancé who sets on fire at the thought of spice.

After my exam I'm going to cook myself a lovely roast dinner with asparagus and mash and a big ham joint and some kind of cheesecake desert.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#1757 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
I'd kill to be cooking something right now. All my time is spent either revising at home or being in the library typing up my notes to revise from (my laptop broke and J can't really type notes on my phone/tablet) so I've been living off ready-made food and sandwiches. I have to admit though, Tesco's meal for 2 with 2 different types of curry is pretty decent for £5. The 2 curries have different levels of spice so it's spicy curry for me, and not really spicy curry (Korma I think?) for the Fiancé who sets on fire at the thought of spice.

After my exam I'm going to cook myself a lovely roast dinner with asparagus and mash and a big ham joint and some kind of cheesecake desert.

Similar to my plans.
Top Secret Researcher
#1758 Old 6th May 2016 at 4:36 AM
S'mores with Snickers in place of the traditional Hershey bar. Awesome!

My Video Game Project (currently recruiting left brainers AKA programmers):http://projectsolaris.freeforums.net/
Mad Poster
#1759 Old 6th May 2016 at 7:50 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2016 at 9:43 PM.
Home-made vanilla fudge - soft caramel, hopefully. It's the second time I've tried, and the first time it didn't taste that good, probably because there was sugar crunch throughout it. I think I got all the sugar out this time, though. Had a taste test, and it's quite smooth.

For dessert (and as a freezer treat) there's vanilla ice cream with a little bit of chocolate and caramel, currently in the freezer (I had a little taste, and it's SO yummy! I hope it turns out good - it's the first time I try making ice cream, but it was surprisingly easy. Probably because my hand mixer did 90% of the job in much less time than I thought it would take.

And chicken for dinner.

Edit: The toffee turned out fine, though a bit cracked (maybe because it had started to set when I had to switch containers). But the taste is good. I cut them to squares, and dumped the shavings and crumbs into the ice cream, which has turned into a calorie bomb.
Mad Poster
#1760 Old 15th May 2016 at 5:06 PM
Tonight - fajitas! Yay

Theorist
#1761 Old 15th May 2016 at 5:33 PM
Ham and some noodles with leak, egg and more ham

staff: moderator
#1762 Old 15th May 2016 at 6:20 PM
I ran across a recipe for slow-cooker Mongolian Beef and planned to make that yesterday. Then I took an unscheduled nap (lol @myself, none of my naps are scheduled, I just randomly lay down and fall asleep) and didn't wake up until 3 PM. So instead of putting it in the crock pot, I just simmered the meat in the liquid ingredients for a couple of hours. SO DAMNED GOOD and so easy to make - both of which mean that I'll be making it again someday. Just have to keep an eye out for steak on sale.
Theorist
#1763 Old 15th May 2016 at 6:50 PM
Burnt fried eggs.

Seriously, what gives? I could fry eggs perfectly every time when I was in middle school! What the hell happened since then?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#1764 Old 16th May 2016 at 12:52 PM
Breakfast of half a Grapefruit and a cup of blueberries, Turkey sandwich for lunch, Salmon fillet and wedges for dinner, and then for supper I've prepared dark chocolate coated bananas.

I'm trying to do this "healthy" thing...

Lab Assistant
#1765 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:31 PM
French onion soup. I found a recipe for the crock pot version, and I wanted to try it out. It won't be ready until later tomorrow, I think, but I have other things to cook tonight. Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, maybe some chicken/chicken enchilada for one.
Page 71 of 71