Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1032 (Who?), Viewed: 96331 times.
Page 42 of 42
Field Researcher
#1026 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 4:17 AM
Ouch! I can imagine the pain of chilli all over the place.

I'm making Teochew porridge with carrots and chicken fingers today.

Avatar model: Attie and Isabel Lion (Left to right).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Where it all began.
I proofread stuff.
Buy a drawing?
Inventor
#1027 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
Oh, you had me laughing to myself. That's the exact kind of thing I would do. With hot chilis and other hot peppers, it always feel like the Sith are there (never one, but two). The hot just gets everywhere - in my nails, in my eyes, in my mouth, and over time in places I can't talk about. Hope you're ok!

So you're saying I should blame the Dark Side for this? NEVER!!! I have dedicated myself to following their teachings! I even deny you cookies in their name in my signature!

Thankfully the chiles washed out easy enough - no harm done, though I did spend a couple minutes loudly expressing myself through obscenities and casting dubious aspersions on my own sanity and purity of character- although thanks @Bellasaurus - the milk thing helped! I wouldn't have thought of that!

Didn't really want anything spicy for dinner tonight (can't imagine why) so it was a fairly level-headed potato-and-onion soup for me. Still tasty though- and perfect for using up leftovers! Got rid of the last of the kale and the leeks, a few bits of onion and some buttermilk that were only a day or two away from going bad, lots of spices I have too much of, and now I have lunch for a few days all set up!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
staff: moderator
#1028 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:08 AM
Chili - and I loved every bite of it, because I love chili. It's one of those things I could eat every week and never get sick of.
I'm running out of things to cook for just 2 people though! The day after I went shopping one of the boys went to his cousin's (where he's been for a whole week now) and I had shopped for 3/4 people. Thawing "just enough" of something isn't really an option because then I'll end up with *not enough. Grocery money only goes so far, ya know? So we've been eating whatever I can find. BUT!! I did get some chicken breasts that I can grab just 2 of.. so chicken tomorrow. Yay!

*Yeah, that sounds like kind of backwards thinking- I'd end up with extras instead of not enough. But then I'd have to buy extra to make those extras into a meal. So it'd cost more in the long run. Confused yet? Trust me when I say you'd never want to go grocery shopping with me. You'd really get confused then.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Field Researcher
#1029 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:32 AM
My sister gave me a Gourmet Hamburger recipe book for xmas and I tested out a recipe.
Hamburgers aren't really a thing over here (besides fast food chains) and I didn't quite realize how quick and multitasking you have to be if you want all the ingredients hot, crisp and on point at the same time!
I made regular beef patties topped with goat cheese and arugula in whole-grain homemade buns (and now I know how to make super soft bread!) seasoned with a red-wine and onion sauce. They were lovely!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#1030 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 7:04 PM
Salmon in sweet chilli sauce and some tomato & Basil pasta :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1031 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:35 PM
So unfair! I can't "love" that enough!

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Inventor
#1032 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
Brandy-marinated pork chop, topped with caramelized apples and red onions in a butter/brown sugar glaze, with mashed sweet potatoes and walnuts, white zinfandel to drink, and a maple crumb-cake for dessert.

I feel like I need to add another side to this though... squash would be appropriate, except I don't actually like squash... hmmm... Well, the sweet potatoes will take a while, I'll have to see what I feel inspired by!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1033 Old Today at 6:45 PM
Vegetarian Haggis - it's that time of year

Actually, for that matter, I was tasting some single malt and made coffee in the same cup with a small amount of the scotch in it. That was very tasty!

" Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama
Page 42 of 42

Section jump