Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 906 (Who?), Viewed: 90648 times.
Page 37 of 37
Beautiful Dinosaur
#901 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza
It was really nice! The only thing is next time we have decided that we will try to marinate the inside some more, as the marinade struggled to get through the skin. But other than that, really tasty! It was just the right level of spiciness and the chicken was really tender!

Next time try stabbing the skin all over with a fork - that helps get the marinade into the chicken, if you don't do this then all but the most powerful flavours will just be on the outside.

Another chicken tip: When making homemade deep fried chicken, try poaching the chicken in stock first so it is completely cooked through before coating and frying it - this gives the most beautifully moist chicken inside with no danger of undercooking

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Scholar
#902 Old Yesterday at 5:33 AM
Mincemeat.
No meat in it any more. In this case, not even suet -- I used coconut oil which has about the same melting point but is easier to get.
But it does have apples, raisins, black currants, sultanas, cinnamon, molasses and brandy.
Most likely it will end up in a pie.
But it isn't bad as a topping for vanilla ice cream, either.
I might add nuts. Don't know yet.

Ronnie de Noube / Blog and Comic: http://ronniethesim.com
Do you like tea? Go and like this tea & antique shop of Nymphetamine's cute uncle.
Squee if you love Fenton
staff: moderator
#903 Old Yesterday at 6:35 AM
Beef ribs. But I didn't slather them with BBQ sauce like I usually do, I cooked them like I would a roast. And they turned out really, really yummy... especially combined with gravy. I make some awesome gravy.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Mad Poster
#904 Old Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Mincemeat.

Sounds lovely - are you keeping it till Christmas?

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Scholar
#905 Old Yesterday at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
Sounds lovely - are you keeping it till Christmas?

I'll decide by eating some in a couple of days. If it's good, then I'm doing it right & I will make more and keep that till Christmas. The first batch will be eaten by then

Ronnie de Noube / Blog and Comic: http://ronniethesim.com
Do you like tea? Go and like this tea & antique shop of Nymphetamine's cute uncle.
Squee if you love Fenton
Forum Resident
#906 Old Yesterday at 7:50 PM
The second of two paninis that I've made for my lunch today... why two, you ask? Well, when I was taking the first one out of the oven, some of the superheated olive oil on it dripped on my wrist, and I reflexively jerked my hand back... and thus threw the panini across the room.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
Are you really surprised we lied about having cookies?
Of course you don't get a cookie!
I aim to misbehave
staff: moderator
#907 Old Yesterday at 8:22 PM
I guess I'll prepare a potato omelette for dinner. It's easy to do and also quick. I'll have it with a glass of gazpacho, but that I'm definitelly not making it myself or I'd fail terribly. I always buy it... I know, that's cheating

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My dA-

Please, call me Nina (:
Page 37 of 37

Section jump