Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:21 PM
Default Did EA just fully abandon The Sims 3 for console?
Before I had The Sims 3 on PC and a PC that could actually run it, I had to play the Xbox 360 version of the game for awhile. The game was pretty fun if you played it with an open mind. Sure, there was that saving glitch that took EA over 4 months to fix, but better late then never right?

The thing is, though, now when I try to play it for the achievements, it no longer connects to the EA server. I've also looked around the Xbox 360 dashboard's game search, but all I see is The Sims 3 Pets. So did EA just totally abandon the game? I'm starting to regret pre-ordering it now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:47 PM
I'm unsure about that,
but I don't think they would "Fully" abandon Sims on console, more money for them.

Also, The Sims 3 Pets is great.
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Celebriton : 19th Feb 2012 at 8:12 PM.
It's better for EA to abandon the consoles completely (sorry for console gamer). So they can focus all the resources for the development of The Sims 3 for PC. To make TS3 richer in features and contents than what we get today.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:09 PM
Its not fair if they just abandon console games because its "not as important." After all, most Sim-Players started playing the Sims game on console.
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:17 PM
It's annoying, I had the Sims 3 for the Nintendo Wii, and it was glitchy. Now, I have it for Apple Mac. I wish they made it so that the console version was a bit more focused on. Im nt sure about other consoles as i don't have them.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:47 PM
How would you know that? If I HAD to guess, I'd say majority of sims3 players came over from Sims2 OR saw a friend play Sims 3.
Scholar
#7 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:10 PM
Most of the Sims Players I know came from playing SimCity 2000 and then got excited when they made a game that focused on individual sims rather than a whole town. But that's because most sims players I know are like me -- older than dirt.
Inventor
#8 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Most of the Sims Players I know came from playing SimCity 2000 and then got excited when they made a game that focused on individual sims rather than a whole town. But that's because most sims players I know are like me -- older than dirt.

Wait... you mean The Sims isn't the sequel to LCP?

:D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 2:37 AM
It sure seems to not work well on the Wii. I think it's because the Wii isn't good enough to play it without making scary loud noises that make me afraid it'll blow up or something (no other games I own make my wii do that) I hope I'll get it for PC, the console version is way less customizable and there's less things to do.
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:00 AM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 27th Feb 2012 at 5:02 AM. Reason: Didnt have coffee yet
I dont really care as long as PC remains a viable option. I dont think that they will abandon console and it makes sense to me that they try to connect console and PC with the achievement and upcoming social cra..stuff changes.
PC will remain my main gaming platform though, because I play MMORPG's too.