Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Locked thread | Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 1289 times. | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Answered
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 1:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartment Crashes
I know I already posted a thread about this, but it was closed before I could reply to it.

Forgetting about specific lots; I've seen people have problems with the game freezing when they try and rent an apartment (by searching on Google), but haven't been able to find a solution.

Has anyone had this problem on any lot and has anyone been able to fix it? Presuming the creator is no longer supporting their work and you want to fix it yourself.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 18th Feb 2012 at 7:31 PM.
Here's what I would do, in order. Only do one step if the previous step failed.

1) Delete the lot from your game. Try re-downloading and reinstalling the lot, to ensure that the lot wasn't corrupted during download.

2) Use the Game_Help:Game_Problemwiki FAQ to ensure that the problem isn't bad CC, a bad neighborhood, or even a bad installation, missing patches, outdated caches, etc.

3) Check that your system specs are adequate to play such a large lot:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:System_Specs

4) Use the Lot Debugger from MATY to try to clear any problems:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html

5) Rebuild the lot from scratch starting with an empty lot.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 6:23 AM
Already tried number 1 and number 4.

I had tried number 2 regarding bad CC and that was all fine, but this time I tried installing the lot in a different neighbourhood and it worked.

So, there's something about my neighbourhood that the lot doesn't like. XD

Is there anything I can do about that?

Regarding System Specs; what specs should I have to run a large lot? My specs are fine for running the Sims 2 in general.

Thanks.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:26 AM
Ok, tried one last thing and it worked. It was a large lot and apparently it didn't like being in a neighbourhood with a lot of other lots.

I put it in the shopping district instead and it worked fine.

Thanks for the help; I've been trying to figure this out for ages.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 3:11 PM
Agh.

Okay I thought it was working. I moved in 3 families, but as soon as I try to go back into a previously saved family the game crashes. I have no idea what's causing this.
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:44 PM
Charity322, does this happen with all apartments, or just this specific one? I got the impression from your other post that this only happened with a particular download.

Also, please edit your posts if you have something to add, instead of posting several times in succession. Thanks.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:57 AM
Sorry, didn't think of editing.

Yeah, it only happens on one lot. I know, I should probably just scrap the lot, but it's the only one I've been able to find with an oriental theme. If I can't fix this I'll have to scrap it though.
Site Helper
#8 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:30 AM
Is it a particularly large lot? If it has an oriental theme, does that mean that the lot has a large number of levels? Either of these things could mean that the lot is straining your computer. There's no hard-and-fast rule for determining whether a lot is "too big", but if this lot has a larger size and more levels and objects than your other lots, that might explain your problems.
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:09 AM
Also, that one lot you linked to had other people mentioning that it crashed for them, too. So if the creator has zoned it to apartment more than once, that can cause crashing, for example.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:24 PM
Yeah, it is a big lot and yes other people have had the same problems. I think I'll have to give up on it. It just does not get on well with my game.

Thanks for the assistance.
Closed Thread

Section jump