Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 22 (Who?), Viewed: 4045 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 7:06 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 1st Apr 2012 at 10:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Anyone noticed a Sim speaks an invisible Sim on The Sims 3 Show Time?
It's kinda weird, I hope EA will make a good patch repair... =)

Retired Community Lot Creator for Mod The Sims. I moved on uploading my creations in my website and The Sims 4 Gallery.
www.romerjon17productions.com

Ansett4Sims is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2014
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
staff: retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 11:55 AM
... what?

Is this issue currently happening to you? Can you describe the issue in more detail? Have you gone through the Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki FAQ?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 2:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
... what?

Is this issue currently happening to you? Can you describe the issue in more detail? Have you gone through the Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki FAQ?

Nope it looks like a bug to me...

Look at this photo..

The karaoke is on and the microphone is on the floor..... An invisible woman singing with a karaoke...

Prove it... Here is a video.....

The Sims 3 Show Time - Bug - Invisible woman singing a karaoke

Retired Community Lot Creator for Mod The Sims. I moved on uploading my creations in my website and The Sims 4 Gallery.

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 11:20 PM
ive been having the singers look like their lip sync is waaaaay off like bad japanese movie off lol

by the way that video is hilarious!!!! LOL
Inventor
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 11:32 AM
Wow, so 2 or more sims were invisible? Closest I got to that was going on vacation and seeing a guy tell a ghost story to ??? A ghost? I dunno because no one was there so I had my sim sit down and listen to the story so he woulnd't seem so crazy.

Hope you get it fixed. Looks like the sim is under the stage.

(My Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's another. It's usually one thing and man it's a mother" -PB
Forum Resident
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 11:47 AM
Invisible sims are a common problem which is not new since Showtime. They are most commonly caused by invalid outfits, but other problems, including corruption and bad cc can also cause invisible sims. More information at crinrict's blog: BUG: Invisible Sims. I recommend using Overwatch to fix the problem.

If the sim is simply stuck under the ground, you can use the resetsim cheat to fix that problem. However, if you don't know which sim it is, you might need to use resetsim * to reset all sims in your town.
Scholar
DELETED POST
Original Poster
2nd Apr 2012 at 12:13 PM
This message has been deleted by RomerJon17.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 2:55 PM

Well..... Hmm....
I tried Overwatch and well it didn't help :/

A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 3:06 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

• Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

RomerJon17, please complete the game problem guide as asked by HP. Also, please post your system specifications.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 3:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

• Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

RomerJon17, please complete the game problem guide as asked by HP. Also, please post your system specifications.

Well there's nothing wrong with my specifications... Well here are my specs =)

Intel® Core™ i3 processor 330M (2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit)
8GB DDR3 (1333MHz)
500GB (5400rpm) SATA
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4530 (1530MB Total: 512MB discrete memory + 1018MB shared memory)
6 Cell Lithium-Ion battery

----
The town I'm using is Sunset Valley - New town
Would it be good to re-install The Sims 3 show time?

---------

Here's a second photo....
There's nothing wrong with my specifications....

One Magician with no head...

What just happend?
#10 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 5:49 PM
I would suggest that the, "ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4530" is not good enough, I maybe wrong but, I'll wait for a second opinion!

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:04 PM
I think you're right G.O.C.. The other Radeon HD 45** has all no's, for the desktop version of the card. Also, multiple people have been having problems running the sims 3 with an i3 processor.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:11 PM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Ahhh don't worry about it.... It's un-necessary for me....

I will buy a new computer in next two months....

Thank you for helping and I don't care about invisible sims... And I happy my active Legacy Sims aren't not invisible...

Inventor
#13 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:19 AM
Maybe your problems are linked? I thought I recognized your specs from somewhere, then I realized I had seen them here a few days ago....
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=472570

I wonder if the problem of loading the screen is related to invisible sims?

GL with your game

(My Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's another. It's usually one thing and man it's a mother" -PB
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTS
Maybe your problems are linked? I thought I recognized your specs from somewhere, then I realized I had seen them here a few days ago....
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=472570

I wonder if the problem of loading the screen is related to invisible sims?

GL with your game

Well my CC's are clean and tidy =)
I have a cooler on my computer and the loading screen doesn't freeze any more and I can save the game properly =D

I just have to delete occasionally the caches files =)

Only three or four sims are invisible =) But I don't have to worry about that =)

Inventor
#15 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 10:51 AM
lol you're more tolerant than I would be.. But if you're okay with it, then that's what matters. I saw you plan on a new pc in the next few months. Don't forget to check out MTS's system requirements page that shows the video cards that do well with the game and it's expansions. When I update, I plan to use that page myself. Waiting on financial situations to ease up.

Take care.....

xts

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements

Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTS
lol you're more tolerant than I would be.. But if you're okay with it, then that's what matters. I saw you plan on a new pc in the next few months. Don't forget to check out MTS's system requirements page that shows the video cards that do well with the game and it's expansions. When I update, I plan to use that page myself. Waiting on financial situations to ease up.

Take care.....

xts

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements

Thanks xtc =)
I will check it out =)

Inventor
#17 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:36 AM
You're welcome RomerJon17 ^.^

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTS
You're welcome RomerJon17 ^.^

You're always active just like me =D LoL...
---
Back in topic...

Well My graphic card ATI 4500, I have no issues with any problems but it's going fine with it =)

But I will buy a new computer with good specifications =)

2GB graphic card is good enough for The Sims 3?

A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
#19 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomerJon17
2GB graphic card is good enough for The Sims 3?

Make sure it's supported for Sims 3 as in the article XTS linked.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Inventor
#20 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:50 PM Last edited by XTS : 5th Apr 2012 at 1:54 PM. Reason: Better wording, more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Make sure it's supported for Sims 3 as in the article XTS linked.

Yeah, simsample is right. Before you buy the new computer, make sure the video card that is in the new computer is supported (that link has a great graph that is easy to read & well organized, too!). That page takes a minute to load on my pc, so if it's slow, just give it a minute. ^.^ Below the graph you can see there's more detail information on the specifications of the computer and how much video ram is needed

You could put your browser windows side by side if you are planning on shopping for a new pc online, if you wanted. (One window with the supported list and the other window with computers you are interested in buying). That would make it a lot easier to check, too Or print the page and take it with you. I figure if a computer can run Sims 3 smoothly, it can run nearly any game out there.

PS. Yes, I am at times active. Maybe too active.

In the Arena
#21 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:12 PM
RomerJon17,

Are you saying none of the suggested mods in the Invisible/Missing Sims wiki (and sticky) was able to help? You've done all the suggestions and still the invisible Sims issue occur?

And, looking at the video RAM is the worse criteria in choosing a suitable GPU.
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 2:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellacharm3d
RomerJon17,

Are you saying none of the suggested mods in the Invisible/Missing Sims wiki (and sticky) was able to help? You've done all the suggestions and still the invisible Sims issue occur?

And, looking at the video RAM is the worse criteria in choosing a suitable GPU.

Don't complain about it.
Complain about my parents, they bought this computer for my work... But it runs pretty good =) I use a cooler to keep my laptop down...

And I don't think it's not my specifications, I checked the relationship list and the head is missing... Ah don't worry about it guys, it's my computer and it's my own responsibility =)

I will buy a new one and I hope it will solve this problem =)

In the Arena
#23 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:59 AM
That doesn't really answer my question on whether you had done the steps of the Missing Sims wiki.

OK, if not to worry (but why would I? I'm not the one with invisible sims or long loading times in Edit Town...), we can just archive the threads and forget about this, as instructed.

Section jump