Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 4103 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 3:07 AM
Default Simpe: The big boss files
Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place...it isn't about creating per se, so I figured this was the best place.

I'm fairly new to SimPE, but I've played around a bit . I've extracted character's appearances and attempted to make an object (it failed).

Now I'm trying to locate the big boss files originally planned to be included in the game. More about them here: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss

How can I reach them and see the thumbnails/learn more about them? Is there any way I can fix it to make it a playable character?

Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 4:52 AM
"Both him and the scenario were removed in the final release of the game." ... Sounds to me like there aren't any files to be found.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 1:45 PM
Oh right - not the power out scenario. Yeah, Mootilda's right, I don't think that was ever actually in the final release of the game.

Polgannon Project - Seriously, I'm still working on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:12 PM
Alright...Any way to find it in SimPE? Like, how can I reach the thumbnails they have on the wiki?
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:27 PM
Some of the unfinished characters/ scenarios were included in the basegame files originally, but later removed with a patch. So it may be that you won't find them in a patched game.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua.writer.rain
Alright...Any way to find it in SimPE? Like, how can I reach the thumbnails they have on the wiki?

If you just want the thumbnail, then just save it. They probably got it from SimPE, since all sim-profile pictures have a black background and those with a black background are (usually) taken from SimPE.
Site Helper
#7 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 13th Apr 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Quote:
How can I reach them and see the thumbnails/learn more about them? Is there any way I can fix it to make it a playable character?
To be honest: if you need help to just find the thumbnail, then I doubt that you have the skills necessary to get the Big Boss working properly in the game. You might want to do several easier projects before you tackle something so complex.
Quote:
Here's what I would do, if I really wanted to find it (assuming that it exists).

Use the SimPE search feature to look for "Big Boss". [Update: not found]

If that didn't work, then I would search for Mrs. Crumplebottom and find out where her records are hiding. Then, I'd look for the big boss in those files.

[Update: objects.package; no sign of the big boss, even in the unpatched base game. NPC's OBJDs are normally labeled "NPC - Template" or "NPC - Unique"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Some of the unfinished characters/ scenarios were included in the basegame files originally, but later removed with a patch. So it may be that you won't find them in a patched game.
There's another option: the Big Boss was included in one of the demos that EA held for selected people. Someone at the demo managed to walk away with the picture. This might mean that the Big Boss is not available in any released game, even the unpatched base game.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 2:30 AM
I wonder why Maxis used the same headless skintone for the Big Boss as they used for the Grim Reaper? Is it a pun on big "faceless" corporations... or would the Big Boss have two lovely, identical assistants and an affinity for tropical drinks? :P

My CC creations, updated September 13, 2014.

My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 6:45 PM
I think Big Boss wasn't finished, which is why there is the headless skintone.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 10:36 PM
Is it possible that part of the missing files for the scenario are available in the game files of EPs (and SPs)?
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 6:11 AM Last edited by JustPassingBy : 16th Apr 2012 at 6:33 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M.A.A.
Is it possible that part of the missing files for the scenario are available in the game files of EPs (and SPs)?

Most likely not, unfortunately.

Section jump