Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:49 PM
Default Sims 3 bug
Hello people ! i have a issueand have spent about 8 hours on it now , i have installed sims 3, world adventures, ambitions, fast lane stuff, and late night, i updated the base sims 3 game to 1.22.9, and when i do i get this error message when i try to launch the game : "unable to start game service initialization failed (0x175dcbb)"
pls help i want to play sims soooo badly love the genre.

help would be GREATLY appriciated
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:30 AM
This is the General Discussions Section, i.e. you should not post anything about the sims games. Please post your sims 3 issues in the Sims 3 help section: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 4:57 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing / Patching / Uninstalling
    1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
      -
    2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
      and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
      -
    3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
      • Tips Before You Begin
      • Patching Common Errors
      • Manual Patch Downloads
      • Invalid File Errors and more

Updated to 1.22 from what version? Why patch to 1.22? The current version is 1.33.

That error usually means your Registry is messed up during installation, patching and/or uninstallation. You can use CCleaner to clean things up to see if that helps. If not, you need to do a clean, full uninstall. Follow the Uninstall FAQ.

And then make sure to patch as shown in these guides:
  1. Game Help:Issues with 1.3x Superpatcherwiki
  2. Q&A for "Issues with 1.3x Superpatcher" wiki FAQ