Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 4:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default sims "falling" through floors?
Hello!

Hopefully I'm putting this in the proper category

recently my sims have been randomly falling through the floors. for example when they get out of bed after a woohoo they begin walking through the floor over and over.

I uninstalled all my cc and mods, the only thing the ended the cycle of "falling sims" was using the reset option through master controller.

It seems to only be a problem in houses that I have built or downloaded. ( when I build I get all these dips in the floor and such and so I thought that was causing it at first until I tried a house that I had downloaded that was perfectly level.)

Wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this or what might be causing the issue.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 8:15 AM
Most likely the houses are built on a platform, almost every time i use a house which have that i end up with the same problem as you.
Try a house that is built directly on the ground.
Also if restrictfloorelevation cheat was used when the house was built, one can end up with issues like this.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 8:56 AM Last edited by babele44 : 16th Jun 2012 at 11:14 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzader
(...) Also if restrictfloorelevation cheat was used when the house was built, one can end up with issues like this.
^ This and the use of moveobjects on. This cheat is both a blessing and a curse. I don't know what exactly is causing this, but I suspect that houses that are saved while moveobjects is on are likely to cause trouble. Sims sinking into foundations is only one of them. Others are weird route failures or Sims getting stuck on even ground, like sinking into the pavement. I can't find the thread ATM but I had collected some of the issues I had found while playing that were almost exclusively due to moveobjects. And you should never user that cheat in order to move Sims, unless you like the idea of hard-resetting them constantly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 7:02 PM
well! that would explain why it seems to only happen with the file I use for my story/blog lol. I used moveobjects cheat alot for that. thank you! I will definitely be avoiding that cheat for my regular play files then.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#5 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 7:29 PM
moveobjects should be perfectly safe as long as you don't use it to move sims. Moving sims doesn't guarantee that they'll start falling through floors - but it does seem to increase the likelihood, especially if they're routing when you move them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.

Section jump