Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:43 PM.
Default Leading A Double Life (cheats/CC required)
I haven't really figured it all out yet and I searched the forum for a similar challenge, but I am very interested in trying a Double Life challenge.

My thoughts are that you create a sim (probably easiest with a male) and then play him for one week in a house and then another week in another house.

Different job, different wife, different children. Friends would have to be the same.

And you would have to cheat to keep your sim young as he would be aging twice as fast as everyone around him.

1. Create a sim and move him into a house. Any house, use money cheats if you want. The challenge is more social than financial.
2. Get married, have kids. Live your life.
3. Get a job from the newspaper or computer. Note your days off.
4. During your days off from midnight to midnight you cannot interact with any one on your lot. - MEDITATE or build a safe room.
5. Sometime in early morning Monday, move out and into a new lot/house. Money cheats if you want.
6. Add 7 days to your sim's life with inSIMenator (or use Elixir of Life)
7. Get married, have kids. Live your life. - using inSIMenator you can clear the married flag with WIFE A, to allow a 2nd marriage. Then the WIFE A flag can be reset leaving you with two wives.
8. Get a job by starting a business or become a professional writer/artist/florist/robotist/.... (you get it)
9. During work days at HOUSE A midnight to midnight you cannot interact with any one on your lot. - MEDITATE or build a safe room
10. The problem for you should begin when your children begin bringing friends home from school. You do not want CHILDREN A to enter HOUSE B or see you get home from work at HOUSE B.
11. You lose if your children enter the wrong house (they might see pictures of you and your other family)
12. You lose if your wives enter the wrong house (same reason)
13. You lose if you run into family member A when on a social outing with family member B (or reverse)
14. You lose if family member A walks by house B when you are outside.

The struggle would come when his children start school and are bringing friends home. He would have to be sure to not be caught by his other children with the wrong family.

Tell me what you think. Give me your ideas to make this work.
Advertisement
#2 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 3:57 AM
Ummm... can you make a more structured challenge? Maybe you may be a little more specific by how you want the player to manage a sim with two jobs? Do you mean a sim will hold one career job and one job as a business owner/worker? For the two wives thing, do you expect that the player will make the sim have one wife who is recognised by the game as a "wife" and another so-called "wife" would be recognised by the game as a "lover"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
Ummm... can you make a more structured challenge? Maybe you may be a little more specific by how you want the player to manage a sim with two jobs? Do you mean a sim will hold one career job and one job as a business owner/worker? For the two wives thing, do you expect that the player will make the sim have one wife who is recognised by the game as a "wife" and another so-called "wife" would be recognised by the game as a "lover"?

Having a game recognized job and then either being business owner or artist/writer is probably the best way to juggle two careers in the game.

I have the inSIMenator and therefore can have two WIVES (more if I wanted). I can also add a specific number of days to his life to make up for spending a week with each family at a time.

But as I said before, I haven't really worked it all out yet. I was hoping for some input that would help me out.

I figured I would use the days off from his standard car pool job to determine the days he would spend with each family. If his 1st job gives him Tues and Wed off, those would be the only days he could interact with his other family.
#4 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 2:39 PM Last edited by CrèmedelaCrème : 8th Jul 2013 at 6:56 PM.
Default The Double Life Challenge
Living a Double Life
  1. Create a Sim. Make the Sim male. Move the male Sim into a house. Any type of house will do. You may use money cheats like kaching or motherlode or familyfunds to get started on this challenge. However, if you want to make your Sim to live in poverty as well as make him struggle with a double life, then you may want to set a $20,000 limit and no more. That means you just take the game-given amount and do not add more money.
  2. Find a spouse for your Sim. The spouse may be of the opposite sex or same sex. If the opposite sex, then you may want the couple to beget children. If the same sex, then you may want the couple to adopt children. Afterwards, you may want to seek a "second spouse" for your Sim. If you have InSimenator, then you may attach a "second spouse" to your Sim. If you do not have InSimenator, then there is the option for you to make your Sim fall in love with another Sim outside of the game-recognized marriage and interpret that relationship as a "marriage". Again, it does not matter which sex the "second marriage" partner is. Just pick one and move on.
  3. When you pick a "second spouse", there are two options that you may take. The first option is to invite the second spouse to move in, but do not allow the spouses to meet each other. The second option is to move out of the house of the first spouse and move into a new home. This new home is set up for your male Sim and his "second spouse" or domestic partner.
  4. Get a job from the daily newspaper or the computer. To make choices even more limiting, you want to limit yourself to the newspaper only and only to search for a job in a specific career. Keep track of your Sim's days off from work. The Sim's days off from work will be used as an indicator of the times when your Sim will be allowed to switch households. On working days, your Sim will only be allowed to live with the household with the game-recognized spouse. If you have InSimenator, the game-recognized spouse becomes the first spouse. It is important that you keep your game's time in sync. If one lot is Monday morning, then the other lot should also be Monday morning.
  5. Teleport your Sim with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false or a modified object that can teleport your Sim from one lot to another. This is a way for you to switch between households.
  6. To conceal your Sim's identity for the sake of storytelling, you may make your Sim obtain two jobs. Your Sim may obtain a job in a game career, paint, write novels, or even start a business.
  7. Do NOT make any family member from either household to meet any member from the other household. The purpose is to keep them separated and unknown from each other. If a family member from one household knows any family member from the other household, then it is GAME OVER.

Technical Difficulties

One technical difficulty that I find in this challenge is that a family member from either household cannot meet a family member from the other household, or it will be GAME OVER. This is a technical difficulty, because sometimes children may invite over their friends after school, and a random Sim of the same age group will appear. Even if the children do not meet on the home lots, they may meet each other at school. To circumvent this issue, it may be best to avoid making friends between the spouses and children of the two households. That way, even if the children know each other as acquaintances, their father will "discourage" the children to become friends in order to hide his own infidelity and double life. Heh, talk about the life of a bigamist!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrèmedelaCrème
Living a Double Life
  1. Create a Sim. Make the Sim male. Move the male Sim into a house. Any type of house will do. You may use money cheats like kaching or motherlode or familyfunds to get started on this challenge. However, if you want to make your Sim to live in poverty as well as make him struggle with a double life, then you may want to set a $20,000 limit and no more. That means you just take the game-given amount and do not add more money.
  2. Find a spouse for your Sim. The spouse may be of the opposite sex or same sex. If the opposite sex, then you may want the couple to beget children. If the same sex, then you may want the couple to adopt children. Afterwards, you may want to seek a "second spouse" for your Sim. If you have InSimenator, then you may attach a "second spouse" to your Sim. If you do not have InSimenator, then there is the option for you to make your Sim fall in love with another Sim outside of the game-recognized marriage and interpret that relationship as a "marriage". Again, it does not matter which sex the "second marriage" partner is. Just pick one and move on.
  3. When you pick a "second spouse", there are two options that you may take. The first option is to invite the second spouse to move in, but do not allow the spouses to meet each other. The second option is to move out of the house of the first spouse and move into a new home. This new home is set up for your male Sim and his "second spouse" or domestic partner.
  4. Get a job from the daily newspaper or the computer. To make choices even more limiting, you want to limit yourself to the newspaper only and only to search for a job in a specific career. Keep track of your Sim's days off from work. The Sim's days off from work will be used as an indicator of the times when your Sim will be allowed to switch households. On working days, your Sim will only be allowed to live with the household with the game-recognized spouse. If you have InSimenator, the game-recognized spouse becomes the first spouse. It is important that you keep your game's time in sync. If one lot is Monday morning, then the other lot should also be Monday morning.
  5. Teleport your Sim with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false or a modified object that can teleport your Sim from one lot to another. This is a way for you to switch between households.
  6. To conceal your Sim's identity for the sake of storytelling, you may make your Sim obtain two jobs. Your Sim may obtain a job in a game career, paint, write novels, or even start a business.
  7. Do NOT make any family member from either household to meet any member from the other household. The purpose is to keep them separated and unknown from each other. If a family member from one household knows any family member from the other household, then it is GAME OVER.

Technical Difficulties

One technical difficulty that I find in this challenge is that a family member from either household cannot meet a family member from the other household, or it will be GAME OVER. This is a technical difficulty, because sometimes children may invite over their friends after school, and a random Sim of the same age group will appear. Even if the children do not meet on the home lots, they may meet each other at school. To circumvent this issue, it may be best to avoid making friends between the spouses and children of the two households. That way, even if the children know each other as acquaintances, their father will "discourage" the children to become friends in order to hide his own infidelity and double life. Heh, talk about the life of a bigamist!

Wow!! It seems you may have done this before. Absolutely awesome!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:22 AM
Default Made It One Week
I tried the challenge. I lasted one week before getting caught.

I had two wives and 1 child before I was caught.

Hope someone else tries this. It was interesting.

Griffin Jones married 1st Sadie Bruening MONDAY
Griffin Jones married 2nd Priscilla Experiment TUESDAY
Priscilla is pregnant FRIDAY (Griffin is not there)
Sadie is pregnant SATURDAY (Griffin is not there)
Priscilla gives birth SUNDAY (Griffin is home)
Sadie walks by Priscilla's house 2nd MONDAY (Griffin is home) THE END
#7 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:56 AM Last edited by CrèmedelaCrème : 9th Jul 2013 at 5:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
Wow!! It seems you may have done this before. Absolutely awesome!!

Whilst I have never really created a family specifically for this challenge, I am well aware of how the game is programmed to work (well, the gist of it). Also, I like to take an interactive approach to gaming and constantly write captions to the taken pictures. So, I pretty much play it all out in my head. LOL. :D

I love your CC-free game by the way! It's truly rare to see a game with seldom custom content!
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 11:45 AM
Another technical problem is that families could meet each other in the background of community lots, or at parties in other homes. Neither requires any intervention on the part of the player and neither can be prevented unless you are very watchful or you use a mod to ban Sims involved in the challenge from leaving their home lots (the prisoner token/tag from SimLogical would be capable of this).

You may have to forbid playing any family not directly involved in the challenge, and ban any Sim involved in it from visiting community lots themselves (since other household members can turn up mid-community-lot visit).
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Aug 2013 at 2:23 PM
Maybe if you could work out the kinks in the challenge, I will try it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:40 PM
haha i'm trying this
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:03 AM
You could try making it so that it's harder to lose. If wife A meets wife B nothing bad necessarily happens, but if wife A sees you in wife B's house that could be game over. You could escape this by hiding in the basement or something until she's gone, in that only if they are face to face does that happen.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:57 AM
I played a quick version of this challenge before moving back into the BACC; I did it a different way.

Timothy McGraw was my two-timing moron. He engaged Julianne Harlowe but refused to move in with her (he lives in his old bachelor pad.) His "second wife" (lover, as recognized by the game) is Marion Gavigan. I divided the games into rotations. I play Julianne and invite Tim over for the duration of her rotation; I then play Marion and do as I did with Julianne. Both women are expecting. Timothy has a day job as a waiter, and works part-time as a novelist. Though Julianne wishes her fiancee would move in with her, she respects that he likes his privacy. Marion has never questioned his week long "self discovery and novel preparation" breaks, but wishes just once, he'd invite her too.

She's also waiting for him to pop the question.

I figure that, since the aging in TS2 is the way it is, I don't necessarily need Tim to age up. Once the time comes for the women to age up, I can cheat him up to elder too. I can use my imagination for the marriage parts as well. I consider "game over" once one of the wives spots Tim inappropriately kissing the other.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}