Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:15 AM
Default Lots turning into water in EIG mode?

So about a month and a half ago I started working on this world for my personal use to play with my Equus Sims stable, since there are so few worlds out there, custom or EA made, that are suitable to have a realistic horse-stable in. I'm just about finished with this world, all I need to do now is match up terrain paint to the pathways on my lots... but whenever I go into EIG mode to place the buildings on the lots I made in CAW the lots I've placed disappear and are replaced with water like in that picture. I heard that this was due to a version mismatch, but that can't be right...
When I installed Sims on this computer sometime this last November I used one of those handy superpatches to get it to 1.50. EA of course had put out later patches by then for CAW, so I scoured the internet and MTS for days to see if I could just find a CAW installed tool from patch 1.50, but I came up completely empty handed. In the end I followed a guide I found somewhere here on MTS that showed how to fix the mismatch issues by going into certain CAW and Sims 3 files to change a couple numbers around, which fixed the whole "your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with create a world" error. I've had literally no issues with CAW since then asides from the weird disappearing lots issue just now... So how do I fix this? Is there somehow still mismatch issues going on? There's no way in hell I'm going to patch my game past 1.50 because for some reason a lot of my very important CC doesn't work with higher patches, and I'd rather not deal with that headache and be able to compete with my horses for another two months on ES.

Thanks.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:24 PM
If your game is still on patch 1.50 and you have the CAW matching and compatible with that version, why do you even need to update CAW? You didn't keep the installer that you downloaded before?
Check cawster.wordpress.com. They maintain worldtool installers for all the different patches.

I encountered this issue for the France fixes recently. But that was because my method of creating the default replacement world is to import the fixed resources. And what happened for France was that I imported a resource that wasn't ever touched for that world. The resources were changed for the other 2 WA worlds, but not France but I still extracted (from France's fixed CAW files) and imported (into the original) France.world and one Lot turned into a pool.

But I hardly think you ever did such a step, so the method I did to fix France won't work for you.

The only idea I have is - if that Lot is the last Lot you worked on in that Layer - then simply remove the Lot and redo it. Or is that issue happening for every single Lot?

Did you alter the world's water levels at any time?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:13 PM
Now I'm not entirely sure if the patch levels do match. I downloaded CAW from the EA website when it was above 1.50, and originally I had to go in and change some numbers in CAW and Sims 3's Default.INI files because of that error I mentioned in my first post. Right now, all lots turn into water in EIG, and when I reload CAW, even without saving, the lots don't appear where I placed them, even on the layer they were placed on. I tried using a different layer to put them on but the same thing happens. :/ The lots are even gone from previous saves where I never opened EIG. I don't ever recall altering the water levels, but I might have without realizing it at some point, only slightly though if that's the case. If it is the patch number and I reinstalled CAW at 1.50, would my world files still work, or is there a way to edit them so they would?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 4:12 AM
Have you gotten the worldtool installer for 1.50 now? Does installing a matching CAW version to the game resolve the issue or is it still there?

You can try
- having a "clean" Sims 3 and CAW user folders, with just the world file+folder copied over to the \UserToolData\Worlds path. Just don't save as any CC you've used are not present. It is just a test to see if the User data folders are corrupted.
- if that didn't work, cleaning out the Global layer to see if that is the corrupted bit Cleaning the Global Layer
- if that didn't work, use the "Edit pre-existing worlds" method to get your world into a "new" setting. The Save As usually do a clean-up. Editing Premade Worlds

If it is occurring in all working files, even after a reinstall of CAW (to the matching version), I think the CAW program itself is toast. If you want to test if it happens in someone else config, I'm willing to load and test it. Just give me a link to download from; make sure it's zipped up though, and don't forget the world folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 7:53 AM
I'll let you know how trying all this out works as soon as I have a chance to get on my computer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 10:01 PM
So I uninstalled CAW and reinstalled it with an installer of the right patch, dropped my CC in, loaded the world(it loaded just fine) added a lot and loaded it in game. Everything worked, even when I saved the world and exited EIG, the lot was still there! I'll probably go through and clean the global layer and everything you linked me though, to make sure nothing else is seriously messed up. Thanks!