Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default One family crashes game
Hello!
Since yesterday, I've had problems with the o'Mackey family who came with Seasons SP. I played with them for a few days and everything was fine, but after moving them to a new house, the game has started crashing. Everything works well at first - game loads, neighbourhood loads, family loads. I play with them for a while and everything is normal and then bam, "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." This happens every time I try to play with them, even if they're not doing anything, just standing and looking around. I at first thought it might be the lot, bad cc maybe, so I moved them out and into a lot with no CC whatsoever. The problem still persisted. I tried playing with different families and no crashes occurred. So at this point I really have no idea what may be the cause. If the family was corrupt, why would it load and work in the first place?
I play in HystericalParoxysm's Uber-Megahood using Windows 7 64-bit with 2GB of ram and an Intel Celeron CPU B815 @ 1.60Ghz processor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:57 PM
If you look on the back of your Apartment Life case you will see you don't have the requirements of CPU of 1.8Gz, yours is only 1.6.

You also may not have a video card that can handle the Sims 2 game and you may be doing damage to your computer by playing Sims 2 on it.

To me it sounds like you computer is your problem and not the game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:15 PM
Shouldn't that cause the game to crash with every family though?
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:31 PM
It's possible that this particular house is pushing your computer more than usual. Your job is to try to narrow down the problem. What happens if they move into a different (smaller, less cluttered) house? If they continue to crash, then there may be a problem with the family itself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 8:27 PM
Not sure how exactly that helped. but I moved them all out separately and then put them together again. I've played with them for two hours now and no errors have happened. So I guess we could say this is solved haha
Site Helper
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:19 PM
I'm glad you've got them working again, even though we don't understand why they stopped.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:06 PM
They're in Riverblossom Hills, which came with Seasons, right? Perhaps a heavy snowfall pushed your system too far and that's what made them crash.