Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:16 PM
Game Dev Challenge

Welcome to Game Dev Challenge. Inspired by Game Dev Tycoon.

I DO NOT OWN GAME DEV TYCOON, IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, CHECK IT OUT ON STEAM!!!

Backstory Not required to read
Note that the names used in this challenge are for either CAS or story purposes.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!" screamed his/her mother. "I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN!!!"

Being the runt of the family, you did everything wrong, you humiliated the family. The reputation of the family had plummeted. Nobody wants to visit your house, nor dare to even go close. Your mother got furious with the thing that you done wrong not long ago, which is joking with the paparazzi. The paparazzo is actually your friends father. He did not mind about you joking with him. Your mother saw it and scolded you, screamed, yelled, punished, time out-ed, slapped, caned and in the end, kicked you out of the house. Your siblings just laughed at you. You ran all the way to Sunset Valley. You are lost in the midst of this town unknown what to do. You are just a plain old teen that just got on the honor roll. You had some skills like computer programming, so you decided to work on that.

You went to visit very lot that you could find. You realized that it was not much different from the last world you were at. You understood what people do here, what people eat here, where people live, popular community lots etc. You met a few people in Sunset Valley and asked them for any interesting things and whatsoever. The people in Sunset Valley was kind enough to take you to a tour around Sunset Valley. You think Sunset Valley is a beautiful, remarkable place so you decided to live as a citizen in Sunset Valley. So you went to purchase a lot within your budget and realized you had nothing left but a computer and an easel, what will you do?

This part is not important, but you could play it if you like.

CAS
Create a Male and Female Adult. Give them normal clothing because they are not rich nor poor.
For Gabbie's (Mother) Traits, choose Hot-Headed, Ambitious, Neat, Can't Stand Art, Diva (Showtime) Or Snob.
For Adam's Traits, choose Friendly, Hopeless Romantic, Over-Emotional, Genius, Heavy Sleeper.

Then create another 6 children or more if you have the mod. A YA, a teen, 3 children, a toddler. I named the children, Abigail, Jonathan, Felicia, Terry, Wendy and the toddler' snake is Delilah. The toddler is the child that you will be playing. For their traits, randomize them. But everyone must have the Mean-Spirited For the toddler, choose Artistic and Loves the Outdoors.

Gameplay
Give them a nice cozy modern house. For me, I used this:
Contemporary Abode 5 by Pralinesims

You can use it if you want.

Type ctrl+shift+c then type testingcheatsenabled
Make Delilah enemies with everyone except her parents. Her parents are friends.

You can neglect the other 5 other children needs. But everyone must be alive. If anyone dies, you fail! Once Delilah can walk, talk and she is potty trained, she can age up into a child. You must choose the Computer-Whiz trait. She needs to do the house chores then only she could do her homework. If she gets below C, you fail! She can be aged up once she's on the honor roll. Once she's a teen,choose the Bookworm trait. She will be kicked out, or you move her out with someone then delete that someone. Once she's kicked out, put a computer and an easel in her inventory, then change the money to 0. Change all the relationships to Acquaintance but set the relationship with the mom to the max of the red.

Once she's kicked out, move her into an empty lot. She cannot build anything on there. The real challenge is starting.

She must use community lots to eat, shower, use the toilet etc. She may buy a sleeping bag.

The programming process, write a book as the coding process and paint a picture as the designing process. You cannot sell the painting. You just see the price divide it by half, then delete it. For book royalties, multiply the book royalties by 2 then you add the book royalties with the price of the art which has been divided by half. Example: If your book royalties is $27, and the price of your painting is $14. You divide the price of the art by half, which is $7 and multiply the book royalties by 2, which is $54, then add the price of the art which has been divided by half, which is $7. So $54+$7=$61 you earn $61! Every Sunday, you will earn your book royalties, ignore it, change your simoleons back. Every week, you will earn the money of your game. I'll use the example, which is $61. So every week, you add $61. You will also need to pay maintenance cost, which is $10. And add $10 for every 5 "games" you publish.

Once you reach $100,000, you win the challenge! You can have babies to help continue the challenge. If your sim dies and she haven't earned $100,000, you fail!

Once you acquire:
$5,000 - You can build a small house.
$10,000 - You can hire a publisher! Which doubles your earnings. Example: If your weekly earnings is $121, instead of $121, you earn $242!
$25,000 - You don't have to pay bills.
$50,000 - Bye bye maintenance costs!

Rules
You cannot age up the toddler/child without meeting the criteria.
You cannot build a house for your teen until she earns $5,000.
You can have babies.
You cannot delete the mailbox to avoid bills.
You must allow aging.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 2:19 PM
Hope you guys enjoy it!

EDIT: It took me 5 hours to do everything and it took up 3 pages of Microsoft Word
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:36 PM
This is a nice challenge! Well thought out. Three questions though...

Q1: Can you really get up to 100,000 doing that process?

Q2: Have you tried this challenge yet?

Q3: Where would you sleep if you don't have a sleeping bag? It takes FOREVER on a park bench or couch to get a full sleep bar.

:google: Thanks! :google: please reply soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugartoo
This is a nice challenge! Well thought out. Three questions though...

Q1: Can you really get up to 100,000 doing that process?

Q2: Have you tried this challenge yet?

Q3: Where would you sleep if you don't have a sleeping bag? It takes FOREVER on a park bench or couch to get a full sleep bar.

:google: Thanks! :google: please reply soon!

Yes, you can. I played this a few times and I did say above that you could buy a sleeping bag
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 9:59 PM
Nice challenge, might try it out soon...