Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sims 2 Has been problem with hair
My Sims 2 has been problem,first time, i can click to playing game and can entered to the game
but when i click to create a family It's normally until i changed sims's hair to long hair (before changed,my sims have short hair)

the games error and pop up say : "application has crashed will now terminate"

i play computer with Windows 8 and Inter Video card and Directx11,i compatibility to win xp or win 8 but It's can't help it,i think it's problem from video card or some program
If you know this problem fix,please tell me now

Thank you very much
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:22 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/500523

Have you followed this tutorial when installing on windows 8? Also, what specific intel graphics card do you have? A lot of intel graphics cards are integrated, and thus, are bad for playing sims.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:24 PM
Hi
Does it crashes with any hair ? or just that particular one? The hair you want..is it a downloaded one, or an original hair from the game?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:30 PM
Go to the top of this screen. Click "Help." Find "Game Problem FAQ." Work through all the steps.

Do them, don't just read them! It looks more tedious and than it is.

If the problem persists, there's a dedicated Help Forum. Go there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:36 PM
i don't download add-on or mode since i install game,i installed and play the game,it's normally until find this problem
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:34 PM
Sounds like you're trying to play the game with an integrated graphic card. They don't handle ingame graphics very well.
If you're playing on a laptop and it has two graphic cards, make sure the game is running on the best one.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 8:34 PM
I am playing sims2, with an integrated graphic card, and it does not crash over EAxis hair, or anywhere in CAS. Only annoyance I have is texture being borrowed by hood, or silly bugs involving textures. Nothing that makes my game unplayable.
I am on windows 7 though.
Maybe Windows 8 + integrated graphic card, could cause the crash. But certainly not just an integrated graphic card. I'd be crashing all the time.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 8:41 PM
I use Grumpy Loader.It called this problem:0xc0000005
I have one video card.

thank you all
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:03 PM
water in neighborhood in this image has not normally,can you help me with it?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:15 PM
First the hair thing, then the water - this is definitely a graphics problem. You want tech help.

Start with this FAQ: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Graphics_Issues

If you can't solve your problem using the FAQ, post in the Help forum. I find the easiest way to get to the Help forum is to use the drop-down section jump menu in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:58 PM
And i check error number is 0xc0000005? why? thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 5:13 PM
The games sims

1.Can't to playing in sims house or community
2.Can't to creating sims in create mode
3.Water is not normally
4.The games always has been error when i playing the sims (i think it's more problem which i can't find)
5.The games can playing in win 7 with nvidia and directx10 (This is my friend's computer)

I think 3 reason 1.Net framework 2.My Video card 3.Windows 8

I think it all.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 11:06 PM
Yes, it definitely sounds like your Intel graphics aren't good enough to play Sims 2 any more. I'm sorry it's not better news. If you're using a desktop computer, you could buy a graphics card which would run Sims 2 properly.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 3:02 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I cant make it to normally,i setting screen to 800x600 It's not problem at all!