Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:08 PM
Default MTS Post Buttons
I'm curious.

I regularly press more than one button on a post, because I might find it both helpful and funny, or I might agree with it and want to give love/comfort (as the love button is sometimes used)
Sometimes I'll even press 3.

But it seems most people maybe stick to just 1? like there could be a post that's really funny but also has a really good point and the point sticks out more than the humour so it has a lot of "agree"s but no "funny"s?

Is there a rule somewhere that I'm missing?
I consider it an unwritten rule not to click any buttons on your own posts but is this also an unwritten rule?

Again, just curious :p
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:21 PM
Like liking your own status on facebook, it's an unwritten rule not to click any buttons on your own post :P

I usually stick to one, I think 'love'/'funny'/'helpful' kind of imply I agree with it, so I don't really think there's any need for me to also add an agree. Though sometimes I click agree first, and then also think "well that post was pretty helpful/funny" so some people get two. I don't think I've ever clicked 3 buttons though, if a post is really interesting and funny and helpful then it's a 'love' in my books.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:23 PM
I click as the mood takes me So sometimes I will click finny, love and agree!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:32 PM
I click buttons in place of replying so I think that's why I click so many.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 2:07 PM
I like clicking buttons, so I usually hit whatever I feel applies. I click "love" a lot- I use it not only as a love/comfort button, but also as a "I liked your post, but I do not necessarily do the same thing and thus cannot click agree." I just generally use them as a means to participate in the discussion. Otherwise, I would have to reply like that meme horse ("I like this post") to a bunch of people.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Like liking your own status on facebook, it's an unwritten rule not to click any buttons on your own post :P

Nonsense.

I click all and sundry when the whim takes me - even if I think it's me who's being funny.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Banned
#7 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 6:58 PM
Ahem...THAT place has removed most of its buttons because of 'trolls'. We are good people, not 4chan users. We click our buttons based on opinions, not to watch someone suffer.
#aaron4ever2014
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 8:29 PM
Those shiny,big and and pretty buttons always make me daisy. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 10:07 PM
Hi, I'm VerDeTerre and I'm a clicker!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 11:13 PM
I think of it as an "all that apply" deal. Sometimes I hit just the 'love' button, or maybe the 'funny' button.

But there are many times when I've hit as many as four buttons.

If there were more buttons, I'd hit them too.
So many times I've yearned for an eww button, a huh? button, a hugs button, and occasionally a fuck you - go to fucking hell button.

Imagine how perty the forum would look with more coloured buttons...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:00 AM
Seen a lot of people request a WTF button before. That'd be pretty handy. Especially when someone posts CAS horror.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 1:59 AM
I love these buttons. I wished they'd have them on other forums, too!

I usually just press one, but sometimes I do two presses. You know, for when I'm feeling EXTRA generous . Three is just crazy - I never go there
Inventor
#13 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:24 AM
I just like clicking buttons instead of replying because typing is hard.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
#14 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 3:49 AM
BUTTONS

^ arrgh that's supposed to be a gif but it won't work so here's the direct link: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...es/c/c2/Yay.gif
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:04 AM
gif no worky. Link same same broke. Therefor disagree yes.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Beautiful Dinosaur
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:52 PM
I've always thought we could do with an opposite of each - agree has disagree, why does helpful not have unhelpful, funny/not funny, and love/hate?

I have also found myself looking for these buttons on other sites... Why oh why are other sites not as awesome as MTS?

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:58 PM
I thought it was an unwritten rule to not click any on your own posts either...I don't anyway.

I usually click one but sometimes two or very occasionally three...if you're special. I have looked back on some old posts and found myself clicking 'agree' and 'disagree' when I felt both ways about someone's post...it seems rather silly now haha. I do enjoy the buttons and wish other sites had them as well.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com