Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:47 AM
Default Echo problem with Obs [Open Broadcaster Software]
Sorry if this isn't allowed. Anyway whenever I try to record a video with obs there's an echo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpYT...eature=youtu.be
[Skip to 0:56 to hear the problem]
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:56 AM
It's really hard to see what the problem is from the youtube video you posted.

Anyway try a new test:

1. Turn your speakers off, but don't touch the ingame audio slider or the windows audio slider.
2. Record your gameplay as usual.
3. Once your video is recorded, Turn your speakers back on then watch the video you just recorded to see if you still have the echo.

Usually echo is caused by your microphone picking up audio coming from your speakers, then sending that back into the computer which is played by the speakers all over again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
It's really hard to see what the problem is from the youtube video you posted.

Anyway try a new test:

1. Turn your speakers off, but don't touch the ingame audio slider or the windows audio slider.
2. Record your gameplay as usual.
3. Once your video is recorded, Turn your speakers back on then watch the video you just recorded to see if you still have the echo.

Usually echo is caused by your microphone picking up audio coming from your speakers, then sending that back into the computer which is played by the speakers all over again.

How do I do that? :o
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 1:02 PM
How do you do... what? Follow the steps I wrote...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 1:42 PM
How do you do... what? Follow the steps I wrote...

"1. Turn your speakers off, but don't touch the ingame audio slider or the windows audio slider."
Not sure which one you want me to turn off. :/
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 2:49 PM
Turn off your speakers. They have a hardware button or volume knob somewhere, right? Push the button or turn the knob all the way down.

It's just that within windows and within the sims game, there's audio options. Don't touch those.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 7:11 PM
Turn off your speakers. They have a hardware button or volume knob somewhere, right? Push the button or turn the knob all the way down.

It's just that within windows and within the sims game, there's audio options. Don't touch those.

Oh! I'll try that.