Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Anjalah : 16th Jan 2015 at 6:52 PM.
The Sims 2: Runaway Teen Challenge
Hey Guys!
I've been wanting a Teen Runaway Challenge for The Sims 2 but no one did it, so I thought I could be able to make one for the sims 2 using some of StardustX's rules

Mods you'll need:
Inteenimator
Sleep On Community Lots
School Changer With Flexi Mod

RULES:
You can either kill your mom or dad, or make them move out. If you choose for them to move out, your teenage sim can interact with the parent, only if the parent is on the lot visiting, or if you have a home and a phone you can talk to her for social needs.
You cannot build any kind of shelter for yourself until you have earned the money to do so.
You cannot have any electronics or appliances, or cell phone or house phone access until you have a home (at least 1 living, 1 bath, and 1 bed room).
You can only have a part time job as a teen. You can't have a full time job until you have a home (at least 1 living, 1 bath, and 1 bed room) and be an Adult.
Once you have a home, you need the necessary items (Phone and fire alarm) You are not allowed to get a burglar alarm until you have 5,000 simoleons.
You cannot cook/shower/etc on other people's lots or interact with anyone until you're a YA. You're a runaway, they'll report you as such right? If your social meter gets low, you can interact with children, teens, or pets. Or you can have your own child.
You can shower and use the restroom at any public place, such as parks or gym. You can use the fridge at any community lots that have one, one day a week (up to 3 times) for snacks (steal too much food and you'll get caught).
You can start buying food from vending machines, diner, etc. once you have 500 simoleons saved up. But only every other day.
Your main food sources are plants and vegetables that you grow yourself.
You can fish all you want, and sell those.
You can use a taxi. If anyone can tell me what object costs $5 leave a comment.

And now on to the actual challenge!
The goal here is to survive. There are no "points". You're simply trying to survive, start a new life for yourself. You should aim for having a high paying job, at least 1-2 children/grandchildren, and a big house. The main thing you're doing is getting money the "old" way, by fishing, collecting and gardening.

So to start out. Make your sim. I usually play as a female because it's easier to have babies if you download the inteenimator, it adds difficulty. But you can play as a male if you wish.

They can look however you want, but the hair shouldn't be "glamorous". Ideally, it should be in a ponytail, cut short, under an ugly hat, etc. Clothing should be cheap looking.
You can choose the personality you want. The Aspiration should be the Pleasure one, but if you don't have NL, then you can use the family one. When you can, you can choose the Secondary Aspiration for family (If you have NL or FT)

Place a 3x1 lot (or a 3x2 if you only have the base game) in the neighborhood. Move your sim onto this lot. Buy a tent (or bed if you don't have BV), then set your simoleon amount to 100.
(This is done by pressing control+c, and then type "familyfunds [your sims' last name] 100")
You also need to be able to place the school changer onto the lot with moveobjects on.

And now you begin your new life. The reason why you need 100 is because I don't think there is a way to find collectibles in the sims 2, (Correct me if I'm wrong and I'll change) so that you can plant a garden for your sims so you can sell for more simoleons

This is my first challenge and also my first adaptation of a challenge
I hope you guys will enjoy this one
there's more to be edited

The Sims 1: The gameplay was good, many things to do if you have all expansion packs. 5/10
The Sims 2: Great for machinima, not gameplays 9/10
The Sims 3: Great Gameplay 7/10
The Sims 4: Improving but so far 8/10
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:48 AM
I've been watching a Sims 3 Let's Play on this and thought I would see if anyone had done rules for Sims 2. I'm planning on doing this on the small 'island' in PlasticBox's hood Elsewhere that I play an integrated hood.

Here are my suggestions.
1. Make the parent a townie and she (or him) might come by the home lot to see the teen.
2. Have them do odd jobs such as work a barrister or DJ. They can also busk for tips.
3. There is a CC combing stick here: http://modthesims.info/d/289853 They can find nice or horrible things like cat poo with that.
4. They need to be 0 or 1 messy to be able to rummage in bins/trash cans.
5. A very messy male sim can pee in a bush.
6. Digging for treasure is to me too lucrative, a treasure chest is worth $5,000. Digging through the sand on a beach is a bit more reasonable as the most nets is about $450.
7. You can have a community lot garden but it has to be bought by a sim, with a cheat used to set harvest.
8. You can also get cc trees that they can eat from. The Castaway trees are rather good as they have to expend energy climbing them and they do run out and you have to wait for them to replenish.
9. Anyone with BV and up can walk to lots.
10. Cooking up hotdogs at a community lot is more easily done. A build and buy enabler gives access to inventory.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:18 PM
I'm not saying you need a build buy enabler to cook them, I mean you need that to place them into inventory. Sims 3 sims place harvested food into their inventory and eat them whenever, I want her to be able to eat whenever.

I have played one day and the big challenge with sims 2 is the whole avoiding adults because sims are addicted to greeting each other and conversing over food. She couldn't eat there as the adult at the table would have talked to her and I am trying hard to avoid getting any adult in her known sims panel. One greeted her on arrival but he isn't in her panel. I don't think Sims 3 sims are so social. I am also going to have to toss a prison token into her inventory or she will make friends if I play another lot. I want no adults in her panel. So far she knows one teen and one dog. Every adult in her panel is going to cost her 10 undercover points, make 100 and she is caught.

She had a shower on the beach with the beach shower. Very handy as it's a cold shower, they need some way to cool down. I'm sure weather is more extreme in the Sims 2. Found a shell necklace on the beach (no collectable) rummaged up 3-4 things from her bin/trashcan. Went on the pool slide at the gym, cooked her hotdogs and I took them home in inventory to eat when she needs to.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 11:35 PM
To use a juicer you also need a bench. Certainly if people prefer cc free they could do that, but it takes quite awhile for the games produce to become harvestable. The castaway trees does have edible fruit.

I have used community lot time for years. I don't think such a challenge would work very well without it because you would effectively be replaying the whole day at home. I guess it could be done, but it would be rather tedious and you would need a lot more food, plus I don't think warming or cooling down away from the lot would be effective would it? I am trying to remember, but doesn't the temperature reverse itself on coming home because you are back to the same time you left? .

For those that don't know food can be stolen from restaurants. I have only ever had a homless sim steal from an NPC restaurant so I am not sure if you can from a player run one, but I don't see why not. My rule for that is they may steal one meal a week but must not be the same restaurant.

I actually started with a sleeping bag, 6 garden plots and $10. (garden plots is simply dirt for a sim to plant in, I don't think it should require money for each spot) I simply donated her money away on Monique's computer. I also stopped mail and bill delivery because she is hiding out in the bush/forest. My game is heavily modded so this type of play is easy for me but I'm not sure how someone without a ton of mods will go.

A few pics

An idea for those without community lot time would be take note of when they leave the community lot and use the set hour cheat on arriving home and use the Batbox to adjust their sims temperature.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:04 AM
Re harvesting on community lots: there is a lot with harvestable stuff - think it was played as a resident till everything was ripe...and that's not a good idea either. I also have harvestable trees,etc that can be put on community lots and are always able to be harvested. And then there is fishing.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:27 AM
I uploaded a community lot with instructions on making it harvestable. Downloading an already harvestable lot isn't recommended due to sim references unless you want to install and remove the references yourself. There is a lovely lot on here ready to harvest, but that was uploaded before people realized.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 8:55 AM Last edited by Neecy : 12th Jul 2015 at 6:16 PM.
I was watching Sims 3 Let's Play on these as well and they look like fun. How are you going to manage the YA part, as that's only for university right? Never mind, went over the rules again and answered my own query.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:24 AM
I use mods to have YA's in the main hood not doing uni so I will just continue.

~Call me Jo~