Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 1:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Stuck at "Processing" Eviction
I just went through all my CC with Delphy's Dashboard and got rid of any corrupt or duplicate files. Merged all my packages and put them back in the game. Just kind of an early spring cleaning because I noticed my game was running a little laggy and I had the Max Memory issue a few days ago. I have already done the LAA, 4GB patch and DEP solutions to fix my Max Memory Issue. My GB is not the reason for the crash - CC was at fault.

I went in game after thinking my game will run fabulously and some of my peices of CC were missing, no biggie, all my houses are saved in the library. So I went to evict the family from the house, afterwards I was going to bulldoze it and put the saved house back with all the cc in place. Then put the family back in the house. All sounds easy peasy.

But my game froze on the 'Processing" screen for a loooooooong time. So I Ctrl Alt Del and end tasked it. Any ideas as to what might have caused this?

I can post my DXDiag if need be.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
How long is "a long time?" There had been instances where it took me up to 30 mins and one time I specifically remember it took an hour. Of course this was back on an old savefile that I didn't clean. Since you've made so much changes to your CC, did you clear your cache? Making so much changes could result in a one time long processing while it updates your save. This step could occur anywhere from right when entering "edit town" or sometimes it happens during saving and gives a false impression that it is taking a long save. If you waited and it eventually clears itself, then save and it should be ok afterwards. If it is persistent, then it is often cc/mod related.

I waited about six minutes. Usually it only takes about 30 seconds for my game to perform this action. Hmm, ok, I'll try it again and wait it out a little longer I guess. That does make sense since a lot of the cc in the house was replaced by base game items, thank you.

Yes, my caches were cleared before going in game. I do that almost every time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Let us know if it works. There is a way to check if it is stuck or not. Open up task manager and look at TS3W.EXE. If the memory and CPU are constantly changing, then it is working. If they are both frozen, it is usually a memory leak and stuck.

I tried it with another house this time. Less CC was replaced, it worked much faster. It must've been the game reading all the misplaced cc, thank you. I might just scrap this save since I just started it and place the houses in a new save anyway.

Now I'm having this issue:

I accidentally deleted my dccache files while on my crazy cleaning rampage... but I have all my cc backed up to yesterday.
So I remerged my back up cc and put it in my mods folder, but I am still missing some cc in my game. My dccache back up folder is not as updated unfortunately, would it be potentially harmful if I put the files in an old back up in my games current file?