Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 12th Feb 2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: issue has been solved.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game randomly crashes after exiting CAS
Hello again. I am playing Sims 3 on a brand new laptop (system specs to follow) with only a few assist mods installed (NRAS Traffic, MasterController, Overwatch and ErrorTrap) but now and again my game will crash to desktop when I exit CAS...or sometimes when a toddler ages up to child/teen.
I used the Crash Log Analyser and each time it says there's an update available for Ambitions, but before I installed any of the Expansions I downloaded and installed the huge 1.6GB patch. I tried installing the patch again but it says my game is up to date, so I am somewhat confused.
My sister suffers the same types of crashing but does not use NRAS Traffic or ErrorTrap, so it would be helping her too if I can get mine fixed.

Here's a copy-paste of what CLA could snatch.

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4288U CPU @ 2.60GHz
Processor Architecture: AMD64
Graphics Processor: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100 (2.03 GiB, not found)
Antiviruses: Windows Defender

Games Installed: The Sims™ 3 (1.67.2.024002), The Sims™ 3 Ambitions (4.0.87.006017 -> 4.10.1.011037), The Sims™ 3 Late Night (6.5.1.011037), The Sims™ 3 Generations (8.0.152.011017), The Sims™ 3 Supernatural (15.0.135.018017), The Sims™ 3 Seasons (16.0.136.019017), The Sims™ 3 University Life (18.0.126.021017), The Sims™ 3 Into the Future (21.0.150.024017)
Custom Content: Yes

[WARNING CUSTOM CONTENT] 08/02/2015 22:19:40
OS Version: 6.2.9200
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.209
Installed RAM: 7.93 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 1.73 GiB / 4.00 GiB
Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x87a91b00
Crash Address: 0x0054eaba "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0014daba

I do not understand what any of the above means and would appreciate some help understanding it, or at least to know what the exact problem is.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:41 AM Last edited by Belzader : 10th Feb 2015 at 9:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zuperbuu
I used the Crash Log Analyser and each time it says there's an update available for Ambitions, but before I installed any of the Expansions I downloaded and installed the huge 1.6GB patch. I tried installing the patch again but it says my game is up to date, so I am somewhat confused.

There was (is) an update for Ambitions (some say it's not needed), but launcher or the update downloaded else where, won't update it, since EA stopped updating EP/SP's long time ago and only updated base game, you either have to use patch downloader (can be found on this site), or search for that specific update.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Do a clean run. Move your TS3 user folder to the desktop, then run TS3. It will create a new TS3 users folder. Play the clean game (absolutely do NOT add any mods or CC or even load up your old save file). Let us know if the problem persists. If it doesn't, it means you have problem with your user folder, probably a CC or a mod.

I have attempted this method already as advised by someone who experienced similar problems; it sadly did not work.

Here's the deviceconfig. My sister uses an identical machine (literally. The entire thing is the same, just a different colour. We bought both machines from the same store at the same time.)

Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
There was (is) an update for Ambitions (some say it's not needed), but launcher or the update downloaded else where, won't update it, since EA stopped updating EP/SP's long time ago and only updated base game, you either have to use patch downloader (can be found on this site), or search for that specific update.

Thanks, I'll try to find a manual patch for it since it is the only EP I have that does not display as up-to-date and would at least calm my OCD.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
1) Your GPU is not recognized, but I don't think that would cause any crashes. If you want to fix this, it is simple. Go to your TS3 game directory bin folder (....program files\electronic arts\the sims 3\game\bin\). Find the file called GraphicsCards.sgr. Open with notepad. Find the card number "0x0166" and change it to "0x0a2e" and save. Run the game, check deviceconfig to verify.

2) Go ahead and do the Ambition patch, although I don't think that too would've crashed your game. It might... if the Ambition EP is not up to date and conflict with your NRAAS mods.

3) If after the above 2 didn't work, please do a "clean" run. Remove your TS3 user folder by moving it to your desktop and run the game,

I edited the GraphicsCards.sgr and updated ambitions to 4.10 and so far the crashing has stopped on both machines. Thanks for the help!