Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 7:50 PM Last edited by pluche56 : 14th Feb 2015 at 8:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Deleting .Package Files ? [Solved]
Hello everyone !

I recently reinstalled all my game, free of all CC.
But I started missing some Store objects, so I decided to reinstall them !

Going through the launcher didn't install any .sims3pack, so I decided to install them through Delphy's Extractor.

Unfortunately, in some sets, I don't want all the objects. I'll like to delete some of them, but the problem is, the name 0xc*blablabla* doesn't really help knowing what name matches what object !

Is there any program that allows you to see the thumbnail of the object (.package, not .sims3pack), in order to know which one is which ?
Package viewer doesn't work for me (see joined image).

Thanks a lot !

Si quelque chose ne peut plus empirer, ça empirera quand même.
If something can't get worse, it will get worse whatsoever.
[Maître Gotlib]
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:11 PM
Pretty much any of the main tools that deal with packages. Maybe S3OC is the easiest/quickest one.
With S3PE and Postal you have to select the right resource (THUM for S3PE, don't remember which
one for Postal) to see its preview. Keep in mind that not all objects have a thumbnail resource, but if
you are only interested in Store Items they should all have it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 8:55 PM
I'm going through every files at this very moment ! This is going to take ages (I'm renaming them), but at least, I'll be able to keep things tidy !

Thanks a lot for the efficient and quick answer, Arsil ! :D

[Maître Gotlib]
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:11 PM
Delphy's CUSTARD can also show the object type of the individual package files when you look at the whole sims3pack in there. So then you'll at least now which one's a bed and which one's a table
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 6:06 PM
Tahnk you Don, that is a really good solution too ! :D

[Maître Gotlib]
Inventor
#6 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:55 PM Last edited by Arsil : 19th Feb 2015 at 4:14 PM.
Hey, I found this: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...popover_4037955

Some claim that it doesn't work for them, but it works for me, the only thing a bit annoying
is that it extracts the thumbnails in the same directory where the packages/Sims3Packs are.
EDIT: it seems like it only works with .package files.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
Hey, I found this: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...popover_4037955

Some claim that it doesn't work for them, but it works for me, the only thing a bit annoying
is that it extracts the thumbnails in the same directory where the packages/Sims3Packs are.
EDIT: it seems like it only works with .package files.

Well, the description said that it should work with Sims3Pack files, so how doesn't it work, precisely?

That said, as soon as I can decide on a Python XML Parsing Library and wrap my head around it, extracting thumbnails should (relatively) be a piece of cake for my sims3py toolkit

(Side note to Arsil: I've fixed the performance problems, it's now running 4x as fast as original version. Tomorrow, I'll try fixing the setup.py and the hard-coded Windows-style directories. I'll also do some tests on a Linux Mint machine I have.)

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.