Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 9:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Supernatural
Infinite saving loop + Continuous loading loop - any solutions?
As the title suggests, I'm having an odd problem with my Sims 3 game right now . It's been erroneous for quite some time now - say, 1 week shy of 4 weeks. There's a multitude of problems involving saving the current game, plus loading neighbourhoods for the first time. I've been online and found what seemed to be a temporary solution that involves saving the current game as a new game under the 'save as...' option, however the problem with the continuous saving loop would soon follow on again .

When a go to load a neighbourhood during the main menu, the loading bar is fine up until it reaches the furthest point where it literally takes almost 20 minutes just to load the actual neighbourhood . Likewise, the other weird thing about the continuous loading loop is that the game hints seem to change within such a short space of time, yet oddly enough, the bar seems reluctant to shift.

It's gradually gotten to the point where I'm starting to steer clear of playing Sims as it is totally predictable that the same thing will just keep relaying itself over and over again . I'd just like to have some form of confirmation on whether anyone else is experiencing this problem; and if there's a permanent solution to it by any means. Even if it means reinstalling the Base game and the expansion packs all over again, then I'm willing to do so if it prevents the continuous loading and saving phases.

I have got CC installed, which are mainly Buymode Objects and CAS content (skin, eyes, hair, etc.). As far as Mods are concerned, the only ones I've currently installed are sliders. I have Nrass mods located in my CC folder on my desktop - which is completely compatible with my current version of the game (ver. 1.62).
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:11 AM
See the "Process Monitor" part of this guide. You might have some bad CC.

While it is recommended to patch, I haven't. Still at 1.63 and haven't had any problems with certain mods that are made for 1.67.
However, those 1.67 mods that I have don't mess with anything that was changed by patch 1.67. So if you download Nraas mods, you should indeed make sure they match your patch level as they work in more areas than a mod affecting only laundry, for example.
Quote: Originally posted by Emily-Jayne
I have Nrass mods located in my CC folder on my desktop

...Why would you have them on your desktop? All mods go in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
Alchemist
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Curious, is this usually after you use "buydebug" cheat?

What does buydebug has to do with it? Isn't it just a myth? I'm rather skeptical.

But maybe I'm wrong. Please tell us more about it.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 12:54 AM
The buydebug problem has been a tough nut to crack. I still haven't found out the exact cause.

In essence, the problem is this: After using buydebug on in Edit Town > Build/Buy on Lot, you can't get back to Edit Town. If you use buydebug on in Buy/Build mode in Live game, saving will end up in an infinite loop. The problem is 100% reproducible on my game.

However, the problem didn't happen if I use a "hard reset" folder. Neither does it happen if I copy a buydebug object using the eyedropper. So, it's likely some kind of interaction between content in the buydebug catalog.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:09 AM
Moving to Game Help. Carry on!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 12:59 PM
Yeah... it is recommended you patch up to 1.67.

Sorry, I must have lost concentration at the end of typing out my post. My current game version 1.67. Sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 6:09 PM
any updates on your issue?

I haven't bothered loading up the game, to begin with. So please excuse my laziness as it is half-term after all. I've downloaded the process monitor (which was recommended to me by someone who previously posted), and also the Sims 3 Pack Cleaner - which, as the title suggests, removes any corrupt attachments to any Sims 3 pack files. I have found no errors with any of the content so far.

Also, I think it's worthy to note that since removing all mods and content (Sims 3 pack files or otherwise) from the game, I'm no longer getting the 'core script mod' error which used to come up every time I started the launcher.

I also forgot to mention the core script mod error at the beginning of the post - which means that the offending mod was obviously the culprit in this predicament. But since reinstalling, I don't seem to have that frequent 'core script' message after initialising the launcher.

All mods are up to date with my current version, by the way.

I also think it would be convenient to mention that I am literally going to start up the game at this very moment - including CC and mods installed and all. I'll post the results as to whether or not I get that pesky, infinite load and save loop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
What does buydebug has to do with it? Isn't it just a myth? I'm rather skeptical.

But maybe I'm wrong. Please tell us more about it.

I do recall using the 'buydebug' cheat on my previous save, which resulted in the infamous, infinite save loop. Furthermore, when loading neighbourhoods after 1 day of refraining from playing the game, I got the prolonged loading problem. This in turn continuously created bad. save files in my 'Saves' folder.

I eventually resorted to moving both the house and the Sim from the seemingly corrupt neighbourhood, to another neighbourhood to which I anticipated would not create any more loading or saving errors... but I was obviously wrong.