Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2015 at 1:26 AM
Default Help on buying a video camera
I am a big fan of really cheap doll movies. I, however, don't have a good video camera so I can do my own, because the video quality is awful on my camera because it is 15 years old.

However, I am looking for a HD video camera that has film video quality. Problem is, Amazon has, to my knowledge, banned asking if a video camera records in videotape quality, like Jeopardy or if it records in film quality, like a big-budget blockbuster.

I need help with this one. I don't have time or money to waste on trial and error.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd May 2015 at 2:47 AM
Would you be able to go to a local store that sells video cameras? They would probably let you try out their products and you'd be able to see for yourself what the quality is.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:28 AM
Actually, I find online shopping a bit cheaper.

I only get $733 as my allowance from the US government as dictated by Washington state regulations on who is under the classification as "unable to work". $200 of that is to be given to my parents as part of the upkeep of the house as I'm technically renting my bedroom under the contract drawn up 8 years ago. I pay another $30 to pay for service and ownership of my smartphone, which has helped me to keep me in check when it concerns my life as a patient. If I had not incurred an overage, outlined as an instance where I take money from my parents for a need as revised on April 1, 2015, I get $503. If an overage was incurred, I subtract the total amount from $503 at the end of the month and pay my parents the total and I keep the difference.

My father was an accountant when he met my mother, who was a bank teller. This May 17 marks 29 years of marriage.

But about the camera: The nearest Best Buy, which is my big electronic purchase store of choice, is located near the animal hospital where we take our cats for check-ups and "final goodbyes". It requires walking past the Toys R Us in the area of Alderwood Mall Parkway, going into a different part of the shopping district which the two sub-districts are connected via a sidewalk bridge on an overpass. I would take the bus, but it has been ages since I was last at Toys R Us. Nowadays, if I want a doll for my collection, I find a seller with a fair price online at Amazon as I stopped going during the drought of Monster High dolls, which happened about 2 years after Monster High was released and the drought lasted about 2 years, resuming normal stocking levels about halfway into 2013.

So it's a complicated reason why I don't buy electronics in person. The only time is if I need to replace an exact product. I had an XBOX 360 that was white and died of RROD (Red Ring Of Death). I had to buy the same model in terms of features but it was black. I worried people would think I had the XBOX 360 in the Elite Edition.

So, I'm not going to do a tech run.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 3rd May 2015 at 7:18 AM
I actually didn't mean that you had to purchase anything there. Sure, the point of letting you use the cameras is to make a sale, but it's not required and there are tons of ways to bow out gracefully (like 'I like this one, but it's a little out of my budget right now, so maybe I'll come back later').

If going to a store isn't an option, then you could look through Youtube. I don't know if there's a channel dedicated to testing out video cameras, but you could find videos with the quality you're looking for and ask them for details on what kind of camera they're using.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2015 at 12:59 AM
Already submitted the question. Now, it's a matter of waiting.